Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Real forrests for WoE Nato2 development pics

Does anyone else have this issue ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

and heres another one , trees growing in the cockpit more disturbingly

Squid, you can try to change in germanyce_data.ini, under [AlphaObjectTextureMaterial] :

DepthBufferWrite=FALSE

You'll eliminate those annoying trees rendering through canopyglass, but the downside is that you'll get a lot of tree rendering anomalies :-(

check it yourself which option is better

I'm posting here some work in progress of my attempt to bring default WoE tiles a bit more real look, building it in Nato Fighters 2 installation:

Apart from forrests, this mod adds a lot of little stuff in open farmlands, like real-sized trees, road infrastructure, filling stations, powerlines, kettle etc:

It's about 60-70 % complete, I don't intend to rework city tiles objects, as there are most targets located. Right now I have achieved little impact on framerate. Also I worked simple solution to get rid of the occasional "trees rendered throught clouds" bug.

This will be compatible with standard, Deuce's enchanced and recent Hi-res Max188's repaint. As Brain32 is working on awesome hi-res tiles, don't know about that repaint right now, seems he changed general forrests and trees layout.

ETA: less than two weeks :wink:

Wow! This is so good! Where is it available for download? Am I, once again, the last to know?

Edited by Jug

Squid, you can try to change in germanyce_data.ini, under [AlphaObjectTextureMaterial] :

DepthBufferWrite=FALSE

You'll eliminate those annoying trees rendering through canopyglass, but the downside is that you'll get a lot of tree rendering anomalies :-(

check it yourself which option is better

Τhanks :) Oddly enough, it didnt change anything :dntknw: tree rendering is as before and they still stick through canopies. But i think its only the lightening transparency canopies that they do (as well as with clouds) and not the dark transparency canopies.

Edited by squid

I'd love to have it. None that I know of. Also possibility to define custom visibility ranges for sub-tod elements would be great

i just realised that the clouds are using gradual transparency with viewer distance ..... is that based on something that could be used maybe on trees too? *ignorance look*

Edited by squid

That would be really, really great feature for trees. But I searched through environmentsystem.ini searching for some clues regarding clouds behaviour and found nothing yet :no:

My suspicion is that clouds use their own dll for generation and rendering techniques -been trying a while ago to find a way to make flat EAW -style lying horizontal clouds, and its a nogo -so they are controlled somewhere else

Stary::

My suspicion is that clouds use their own dll for generation and rendering techniques -been trying a while ago to find a way to make flat EAW -style lying horizontal clouds, and its a nogo -so they are controlled somewhere else

:ok: Its all controlled here ~> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2354

needs updating though, and may require some creative work to be used in the game's campaign system but works for hand made single missions and can be added to existing missions like YapWare for some extra immersion on those long (non~dogfight!!) strike missions.

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

Stary::

:ok: Its all controlled here ~> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2354

needs updating though, and may require some creative work to be used in the game's campaign system but works for hand made single missions and can be added to existing missions like YapWare for some extra immersion on those long (non~dogfight!!) strike missions.

Lexx, it's not the think I was after -I was searching a way to make those dynamically generated clouds to appear horizontally. Cellinky's clouds are great, but right now limited only to single missions.