Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Real forrests for WoE Nato2 development pics

I'll check the GarmanyCE_data.ini to see if every texture is listed.

EDIT:

In Germanyce_data.ini included find entry:

[Texture102]

Filename=germanyR-CG.TGA

HasWater=1

Color=0.351467,0.405219,0.306318

SolidObjectTexture=

AlphaObjectTexture=terobject_trees1.TGA

change to

[Texture102]

Filename=germanyR-CG.BMP

HasWater=0

Color=0.351467,0.405219,0.306318

SolidObjectTexture=

AlphaObjectTexture=terobject_trees1.TGA

Edited by CA_Stary

This is absolutly amazing, just tried it :good::biggrin::clapping:

What is the fps drop on your systems? Noticeable? Any gfx artefacts, anomalies, apart that fixed texture bug?

Just downloaded it and made a few short flights. AMAZING!!! No Noticable drop in FPS on a onboard Intel GMA 950 chip. Seemed very smooth and looked great! I loved flying fast at treetop over the larger forests.I will be spending alot more time over Germany now! THANK YOU!

Any plans to add this to other terrains? I would love this feature on the Bering Straits and Cuba maps.

This pack works with all maps build using woe textures, for example recent Street of Formosa (Taiwanhaixia)

by Gepard, but not everywhere fits geographically

DBS and Cuba use custom tilesets

As for other maps? hmm...

(browsing SEA atlas :ninja: )

I had no noticable drop on fps, and I did not see any anomalies so far :good::biggrin: it's running very smooooth on my rig

I had no noticable drop on fps, and I did not see any anomalies so far :good::biggrin: it's running very smooooth on my rig

CA, the power lines are mapped to teobject autobahn right?

So by renaming the .tod including them as the according .bmp tile of other terrain, theretically I could have power lines elesehwere right?

CA, the power lines are mapped to teobject autobahn right?

So by renaming the .tod including them as the according .bmp tile of other terrain, theretically I could have power lines elesehwere right?

Nope, they are mapped on terobject_trees2.tga,

as for bmp and tod switching, I haven't tested this technique, but possibly yes. Caution is recommended with handling them. Not to mention need to rewrite texture references in given terrain_data.ini

Canadair, you're building a Death Star? :biggrin:

This pack works with all maps build using woe textures, for example recent Street of Formosa (Taiwanhaixia)

by Gepard, but not everywhere fits geographically

DBS and Cuba use custom tilesets

As for other maps? hmm...

(browsing SEA atlas :ninja: )

YES!!!!! :yes:

however great job done on WOE, your mod is really a step forward in the terrain area (which as we all know, need a huge rework)

oh and no noticeable FPS drop noticed (p4 @3.4 ghz, 1 gig ram and a xt1950xt) :good:

ps: after the trees do you plan sometime in the futur to look at the urbanism in the game series?

Edited by Murphy'S

Nope, they are mapped on terobject_trees2.tga,

as for bmp and tod switching, I haven't tested this technique, but possibly yes. Caution is recommended with handling them. Not to mention need to rewrite texture references in given terrain_data.ini

Canadair, you're building a Death Star? :biggrin:

The point being is that your tods are really custom, i-e trees along roads and such; won'tt work on other bmps, but the ida is huge

Whta do you mean by death star? lol

What happens is that, as my nick implies I am quie used to fly low and see trees and powerlines, very very close

So each addon that goes in direction of enriching low levell environment sparkels my interest

but the pwoerlines...so in your terobject_trees2.tga, there are powerlines added,, have to be careful here, because other terrain use the same file name right? I have to check.

and it is not needed to rewrite references in data.ini; one can simply rename the .tod according to the bmp he wants to poulate with objects according to that .tod

Edited by Canadair

ps: after the trees do you plan sometime in the futur to look at the urbanism in the game series?

That's what I study -so perhaps yes :wink:

The point being is that your tods are really custom, i-e trees along roads and such; won'tt work on other bmps, but the ida is huge

Whta do you mean by death star? lol

What happens is that, as my nick implies I am quie used to fly low and see trees and powerlines, very very close

So each addon that goes in direction of enriching low levell environment sparkels my interest

but the pwoerlines...so in your terobject_trees2.tga, there are powerlines added,, have to be careful here, because other terrain use the same file name right? I have to check.

and it is not needed to rewrite references in data.ini; one can simply rename the .tod according to the bmp he wants to poulate with objects according to that .tod

The terobject_trees2.tga holds the graphics for powerlines, and is used by all road tiles. I don't think that other terrain uses this file as I created this file for this mod specifically. You want to get rid of the powerlines?

Edited by CA_Stary

hmm...my rig choked on a ban of heavy trees, took it down to 2.1FPS, but else wise it was perfect...especially the cows!

rig: 3.4 Pentium 4 HT nVidia 7600GS 256Mb with 1 Gb ram

note that the only time the trees bothered it was when there were multiple bands of heavy forestation and after ALT-N "jump"

The terobject_trees2.tga holds the graphics for powerlines, and is used by all road tiles. I don't think that other terrain uses this file as I created this file for this mod specifically. You want to get rid of the powerlines?

NO NO, I dlike the power lines in more terrains....and what is your super-forest tga instead? that could go on mountains troughtout the terrans we have.....

QUOTE:

END QUOTE

Sorry if i did not make myself clear, I was not obviously accusing you of stealing..

I have a TEROBJECT_TREES2.tga in my install in a korea terrain with updated texture that was released a while ago,,I can't remember the author, but is a totally different file, 17k vs 1024 as your file, and serves obviously different purpose

NO NO, I dlike the power lines in more terrains....and what is your super-forest tga instead? that could go on mountains troughtout the terrans we have...TER_FORRESTS1.tga, TER_NEWTREES1.tga, TEROBJECT_TREES1.tga

I am specifically thinking of the old eaweuro terrain, or the america nortwest..maybe I just have to try..

NO NO, I dlike the power lines in more terrains....and what is your super-forest tga instead? that could go on mountains troughtout the terrans we have.....

It's the TER_FORRESTS1.tga -the upper half makes the forrest texture. Simple but effective.

The *.tod files with powerlines are those with "road" in their names.

naming convention is as follows:

S =straight, T =turn, X,Y =intersections

"Sorry if i did not make myself clear, I was not obviously accusing you of stealing..

I have a TEROBJECT_TREES2.tga in my install in a korea terrain with updated texture that was released a while ago,,I can't remember the author, but is a totally different file, 17k vs 1024 as your file, and serves obviously different purpose"

-must be the old tileset by Edward If my memory serves me well, haven't flew over it in a loong time

Edited by CA_Stary

:clapping: Amazing! The frame drop on my system (X2, 2gigs of RAM and a 7950GT) is negligible and it looks great!

I'm running a horrible system and I barely got and lost in FPS.

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

Superb work. Absolutely first class. :good:

This is an outstanding mod. Well done Stary. Now if we can just get one for WoV :biggrin:

now that would be great :biggrin:

ps. offline until thursday-friday

now that would be great :biggrin:

ps. offline until thursday-friday

If that happened I'd be dancin' in the streets... :biggrin: