Sign in to follow this  
Baltika

Burma Air War WIP

Great info Wrench :good: ! With the Curtiss Hawk III, could you make a new skin without the awfull reflective metal painting? In this plane the paint became very dull and brightless during operational use. This 3D is really weird once the wing struts colors are impossible to coloring. Any updates in sight? :yes:

No can do ... that seems to be a metallic 'material' applied in MAX for the engine panels. If you look at my redone Chinese skin, hawk_1.bmp, you'll see it's painted totally the same color as the rest of the fuselage, yet the 'texture' still comes through.

gotta just live with it, sorry!

wrench

kevin stein

edit:

forgot to say, it actually was NEVER finished, when Monty released it, it was like a Beta - (minus). There are parts not mapped to any skin bmp, and I tried getting decals on the N struts, to no avail. The OUT is in the original mod, here, maybe somebody can figure out the placements for the struts. To me, it's just not that important. Right now :wink: