Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

WoI Historic Mods Thread

Hey Hinch,

Are you going to do a Independence Class CVL (LaFayette) or a Colossus Class (Arromanches) by any chance?

Hey Hinch,

Are you going to do a Independence Class CVL (LaFayette) or a Colossus Class (Arromanches) by any chance?

There is a Majestic Class(nearly the same as Colossus) carrier HMCS Magnificent available, I can't remember if it was Hinchinbrooke who made it.

I can't see it in the download section here, so I don't know where it is now.

There is a Majestic Class(nearly the same as Colossus) carrier HMCS Magnificent available, I can't remember if it was Hinchinbrooke who made it.

I can't see it in the download section here, so I don't know where it is now.

That's a repaint of my old Albion/Bulwark model..................... which would stand in reasonably well for Arromanches, despite obvious differences.

Hey Hinch,

Right now, I'm just building things I'm interested in, so while a Colossus Class is somewhere on the theoretical list, an Independence Class isn't, I'm afraid.

Poops, then. Well, can't wait for more of your ships.

Well, I'm thinking out loud here, but my model of the Japanese light carrier Zuiho could be used as a stand-in for Lafayette. Approximately the same size, etc., etc. Just needs a paint job. Obviously no island, but the same feel for the flight deck.

I don't know if you still have the MAC model, but that bridge is about the same size as an independence bridge. Thanks for reminding me of the Zuiho Hinch.

Yes, I thought of that and here's a quick result

2-1.jpg

If somebody feels this is good enough, I can pass it on, but I don't want to spend any more time on it, so whoever wants it will have to come up with a reasonable paint job.

Why not, I'll take it on. Are you willing to include the model, or is that a no?

Am I right in thinking that Cabot got a new lease on life in 1967, when she became the Spanish Navy's first carrier the Dedalo which served until 1989 and as such was the first carrier to regularly deploy the Haarrier? That would make an interesting historical addition.

Lazboy

I think I could make a good skin for that, and adjust the model.

I think I could make a good skin for that, and adjust the model.

suhsjake,

Give me a couple of days to sort things out and I'll send on a modified Zuiho with island. Should just be a question then of altering the texture .bmp as you desire and renaming the file to suit.

What's your address?

Am I right in thinking that Cabot got a new lease on life in 1967, when she became the Spanish Navy's first carrier the Dedalo which served until 1989 and as such was the first carrier to regularly deploy the Haarrier? That would make an interesting historical addition.

Lazboy

Lazboy,

You are correct. If people can get beyond the modified Zuiho's looks, I'm sure you'll be able to fly Matadors off her! :yes:

Aside from a couple of small things, Eagle's island is done, so back to hacking out bits of the hull.

img00060.jpg

Hinch, loving the Eagle. I was under the impression that the aerial masts around the flight deck were horizontal for air ops, is that going to be modelled or did they sometimes have them up? This is more because I'm likely to hit them landing on!

Skippy,

You're right, the masts were lowered for air operations and I plan to have them that way when all is done. They're vertical for now as that is how the plan shows them.

.............. I should note that she will be completed as initially built.......... i.e., with axial deck and fixings. Hopefully, I'll find the time to alter things to give her the correct Suez angled-deck look. On the other hand, as she is, she could stand in for ships of the Illustrious or Implacable classes (WWII mods). Despite being substantially larger, she has that WWII 'feel'.

Which reminds me..................... Skippy any word on that Swordfish of yours? :biggrin:

Edited by Hinchinbrooke

If someone wants to do the data.ini I could probably finish the cockpit off over the next bank holiday and then it's pretty much done.

Maybe have a word with Charles. He's done a lot of WWII 'FM's'.

I suggest Fubar512, Kreelin and or Column5, they have got that FM thing down to a science.