Sign in to follow this  
Dave

F-16I for Wings Over Israel

F-16I for Wings Over Israel

F-16I Sufa (Update) for Wings Over Israel.

Original Model by wpnnsgt via Swede

ini work by usafmtl and moonjumper

Skins by bib

Decals by usafmtl

Sounds, effects and drop tanks used with permission from the Mirage Factory.

Thanks to Kout for the templates for the hanger and loading screens.

Uses the default WOI F-16 pit until we can get an updated one.

Read the read me!

I followed the read me file and added the CFT using the weapon editor from 3wire but they do not show up for me. Followed the link in the read me and the instructions already posted plus I installed the files in both the object folder and created a new weapon folder in the object folder.

What am I missing?

I followed the read me file and added the CFT using the weapon editor from 3wire but they do not show up for me. Followed the link in the read me and the instructions already posted plus I installed the files in both the object folder and created a new weapon folder in the object folder.

What am I missing?

Are you using the right wep editor? Did you extract the weaponddata.ini and the .dat file?

Yes, downloaded the one from ThirdWire that says for WOI. Then I used the SFPE to extract the weapondata.ini file for the weapon editor to work. Then followed the linked instructions per the read me. Also went so far as to place all of the CFT files in 3 places--a weapon folder, in the objects folder, and in the aircraft folder.

Oddly when I installed the F-15I with the LANTIRN pods they were recognized and auto-loaded.

Just wondering what it is I did wrong since no one else seems to be missing them, please excuse my mistake.

Definitely so far the best for WoI, love this bird!

Oddly when I installed the F-15I with the LANTIRN pods they were recognized and auto-loaded.

Because they were built into the model.

Ah...so

You just call me an asshole? j/k :biggrin:

shibaraku

wakari masu

Mahi Mahi...

wakari-mash-ita

[Amusing in that it blanks out the "romanji" perhpas because the "sh" and "it" are actually together, so had to revert to adding hyphens]

Edited by Miya_Sama

I thought we were talking about fish. :biggrin:

I know from a prior conversation USAFMTL, but the Sufa... is it just that heavy? Or is the amount of load exceeding it's T/W ratio? Doing tight turns is just seemingly.... not right.....

I know from a prior conversation USAFMTL, but the Sufa... is it just that heavy? Or is the amount of load exceeding it's T/W ratio? Doing tight turns is just seemingly.... not right.....

Load that much fuel over your wings and no you are not going to turn tight. Also that electronics spine also add alot of addtional weight. Its made for moving mud. Not for dogfighting. You want to kill something, kill it at long range. unless I got Pythons 4's with me I am not going into a knife fight with it. I am getting out of dodge.

I mean look at the sheer bluk of this fighter. The drop tanks do not drop if they are loaded. Then add a few LGB's, A2A missiles, the chin pods and a full fuel load, nimble she is not. Its a bomb truck.

Oh yeah it's great for that, it's not like I use it for knife fighting, so as always thanks! :good:

Say again over, you're coming broken and very unreadable...

Well, I don't know, but its working fine for me. :starwars:

Load her up with some Python 4's and 5's and you will do wonders. :rockon:

"just a walk in the park, Kazenski"

I was referring to the situation which occurs when one experiences an engine which has failed to operate and the propeller assigned to aforementioned engine does not or is unable to "feather" (to "feather" is the blades turn into the wind rather than bite into the wind as normal, and thereby reduce their exposure to the incoming air stream). In this case the propeller begins to "windmill" and thus is no longer creating propulsion but is acting as an element of drag instead and thus reducing the overall thrust equation from beneficial to determintal. The term has been described as "circular air brake" due to the impact a non-beneficial propeller has to the overall airspeed of an aircraft.

My analogy refers to the amount of objects protruding from an F-16I is excessive to the original design planform and are not contributing positively to the aerodynamic advantages of the design. Thus, more drag is created which reduces performance from a comparative design lacking in so many obstructions. This, as I was taught, is referred to as "parasitic drag". There are many forms of drag (as well as lift) and I would be happy to share some of these ideas with you.

I apologize if my english is not sufficient to your understanding.

Say again over, you're coming broken and very unreadable...

I was referring to the situation which occurs when one experiences an engine which has failed to operate and the propeller assigned to aforementioned engine does not or is unable to "feather" (to "feather" is the blades turn into the wind rather than bite into the wind as normal, and thereby reduce their exposure to the incoming air stream). In this case the propeller begins to "windmill" and thus is no longer creating propulsion but is acting as an element of drag instead and thus reducing the overall thrust equation from beneficial to determintal. The term has been described as "circular air brake" due to the impact a non-beneficial propeller has to the overall airspeed of an aircraft.

My analogy refers to the amount of objects protruding from an F-16I is excessive to the original design planform and are not contributing positively to the aerodynamic advantages of the design. Thus, more drag is created which reduces performance from a comparative design lacking in so many obstructions. This, as I was taught, is referred to as "parasitic drag". There are many forms of drag (as well as lift) and I would be happy to share some of these ideas with you.

I apologize if my english is not sufficient to your understanding.

understand rotating speed brakes very well. :yes:

just need more power in the engine to overcome it.

Hi, I am a new one here. Hello to all out there.

After a long time only reading this forum and enjoying these awesome mods i have to write my first post.

I am enjoying your F-16i but i have a problem and i dont know if it is a bug from my side or something else.

The external Fueltanks wont drop. When i am pressing the keys the game says something like jettison droptanks but nothing happens.

The other thing is in the loadoutscreen. The external Center Fueltank is not showing up as select but the dot is black and in the mission the FT is there.

I did the weapondata-dance with the last editor and all the ini-stuff as mentioned in the readme. So right now i am a little bit helpless.

So maybe somebody has a clue.

Welcome to the forums.

The external fuel tanks not dropping is intentional...Israeli Vipers were designed that way.

The loadout screen issue means that for some reason the hardpoint shouldn't accept the fuel tank, but the loadout.ini is overriding it. You probably have to compare the weapondata entry for the specific tank and the weapon station entry in the data.ini to figure out why it won't normally load.

FC

Ok, that is very interesting and new to me.

Is this the case only for the F-16I or also for the a,b,c,d versions?

And why is it so? Sorry for the questions but you triggered my interest. ;-)

The thing about the Centertank in the loadoutscreen is not a big problem for me.

In the end it works and that´s good.

I have seen in the data.ini of the plane that the CFTs and the CenterTank have the same

StationGroupID=number. So perhaps this is causing the loadout-"problem".

But as i said it works and is ok.

Thank you for your help

TG