Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

About the Flight Deck

Hey guys, do somewone know how can i change the height of deck in some points?

Or carriers just can be a flat deck?

tnks

Edited by Silverbolt

Rats... repeat the question - I deleted the unedited topic :sorry:

BTW, about the flight deck - ever thought what it might look like when if TK decides to spawn static arcraft there?

NP viper, thanks!

hehe i just re-edited it!

well, JSF_Aggie did a special data to take some shots with full flight deck for Harrier's campaing....

I believe that if you're looking for a curved ski ramp, it isn't possible.

The Tarwara I believe is using the catapult to propel the aircraft straight up, but with a low force so that it would only aid thrust vectoring, not totally overpower it.

As of now, there's no way to reproduce a 'ski jump' in TW sims. A flight deck has to be level to work. So a plane will plough through any jump at the moment. Still, as launches are dependent on a 'catapult' and its 'strength', if a catapult is allowed to be curved in the future, that might make launches off harrier carriers more realistic.

As of now, there's no way to reproduce a 'ski jump' in TW sims. A flight deck has to be level to work. So a plane will plough through any jump at the moment. Still, as launches are dependent on a 'catapult' and its 'strength', if a catapult is allowed to be curved in the future, that might make launches off harrier carriers more realistic.

that's it i want to heard xD

i tryed to curve the catapult, but no sucess... :good:

what did i tryed:

[Cat1] SystemType=CATAPULT CatapultID=1 StartPosition=-8.113,78.158,17.100 EndPosition=0.617,166.147,23.126 LaunchTime=2.5 LaunchEffect= CatapultEffect= ReadyAnimationID=1 ReadyAnimationTime=5.0
Edited by Silverbolt

No No xD

but i'd like to get some news about it....

:ninja:

Edited by Silverbolt

There is a workaround, though it may appear tacky, and it may require you to redefine the ski-jump's (decks) collision coords. And that workaround, is to set the catapult's end point higher than its start point. The aircraft will then appear to be catapulted upwards at an angle. I've just tested this and it works.

There is a workaround, though it may appear tacky, and it may require you to redefine the ski-jump's (decks) collision coords. And that workaround, is to set the catapult's end point higher than its start point. The aircraft will then appear to be catapulted upwards at an angle. I've just tested this and it works.

Could you post an example entry? :rolleyes:

im thinking about but it in Invencible class, should be very good , but im complete newbie in ini modding, all things i do gonna wrong and it doesnt work xD.

thanks

Yes, that works, but then again, the wheels of the aircraft leave the flight deck as they trundle down a supposedly level piece of kit. I seem to remember trying that with Invincible, but then decided, as that looks as silly as ploughing through the jump, to leave things as they were/are.

Why not segment the skijumps into several parts that each have their own collision box so as to create a "stair"?

Why not segment the skijumps into several parts that each have their own collision box so as to create a "stair"?

Nowone said this before.... could work...

how can i do this?

the only collsion i found in DATA was this:

[Deck] 
SystemType=FLIGHT_DECK 
FlightDeckHeight=14.0652
FlightDeckLenght=182.8799
FlightDeckWidth=35.0519
CollisionMesh=FlightDeck

Nowone said this before.... could work...

how can i do this?

the only collsion i found in DATA was this:

[Deck] 
SystemType=FLIGHT_DECK 
FlightDeckHeight=14.0652
FlightDeckLenght=182.8799
FlightDeckWidth=35.0519
CollisionMesh=FlightDeck

that is how we did it in CFS2

I'm going to try to get kuznetsov in game