Sign in to follow this  
Nesher

Israel's F-16I fleet is grounded...

i heared it on the news today

IAF found a metiral that can cause cancer in the cockpits of the F-16Is

the Air Force commander ordered to ground the whole fleet of Sufa (Storm in hebrew, the callsign for the F-16I)

they reported about it to Lockheed Martin...

lets hope everything will be ok ^_^

Cheers

i heared it on the news today

IAF found a metiral that can cause cancer in the cockpits of the F-16Is

the Air Force commander ordered to ground the whole fleet of Sufa (Storm in hebrew, the callsign for the F-16I)

they reported about it to Lockheed Martin...

Israeli Air Force chief Maj.-Gen. Elazar Shkedy on Friday grounded all F-16 training flights after carcinogenic material was found in the cockpit of one of the planes. The IAF and the manufacturers were testing the origin of the material.

Recently, a number of pilots complained of a bad smell coming from the cockpit and Shkedy ordered tests to be conducted by military medical authorities and aerial medical units in order to determine the origin of the odors. From the tests, it emerged that the material was a type of Formaldehyde known to be carcinogenic in high concentration.

Although traces of the material were only found in one plane, the IAF chief decided to completely stop training in all the most recent models until the conclusion of the investigation. The results of the tests were transferred to the manufacturer of the plane, Lockheed Martin Corp. The company was cooperating with the IAF investigation.

Just visited the official IAF site.

Theres nothing about any grounded F-16's.

איפה שמעת על זה נשר ?

can this be another kind of terrorism?

Edited by Silverbolt

It would be pretty slow-acting and low-impact if it was. I can't picture them bothering. Besides, if you can accomplish that you could just as easily place a bomb or sabotage some equipment for a more spectacular result. Terrorists want to induce terror, and frankly the possibility you might develop cancer years later after prolonged exposure just doesn't do that.

It would be pretty slow-acting and low-impact if it was. I can't picture them bothering. Besides, if you can accomplish that you could just as easily place a bomb or sabotage some equipment for a more spectacular result. Terrorists want to induce terror, and frankly the possibility you might develop cancer years later after prolonged exposure just doesn't do that.

yeah!

i think that hehe

but who knows? :blink:

if i said to you the police here arrested some gansters using a old(truly old) Winchester, probably you will not belive!

Dumbass people in all corners of the world :D

Edited by Silverbolt

alex, it was published on channel 2 of the Israeli television

on th 5 o'clock and the 8 o'clock news

lazboy has given the more right details..

Just visited the official IAF site.

Theres nothing about any grounded F-16's.

איפה שמעת על זה נשר ?

זה נכון אלכס, גם אני שמעתי על זה.

the material was found on one plane, but the air force commander decided to ground the whole fleet until things ar cleared out.

Edited by Mannie

Back when the B-52s were built nothing was known to be harmful about asbestos. It was used as a fire break in everything.

Back when the B-52s were built nothing was known to be harmful about asbestos. It was used as a fire break in everything.

Hell my house's pipes still have it!

Now there's a pipe you really should not smoke! Cancer coming out you from all sides...

Today the Air Force commander, Shkedy, said that in time of need those planes will be in the air

he will even fly one himself

he said it in response to a question on the radio where he had an interview...

Cheers