My latest completed build

This is a 1/48th scale Italeri F-14A+ Tomcat backdated to a early model F-14A

Tomcat_19.jpg

Tomcat_20.jpg

Tomcat_18.jpg

Tomcat_21.jpg

Tomcat_22.jpg

Tomcat_23.jpg

The kit bang seats were pretty laughable, so I replaced them with some seats from a Hasegawa Tomcat...the ventral fins were WAY off shape wise, so those too were replaced with parts from a Hasegawa. The kit came with two closed Pratt & Whitney nozzles, I had a spare open P&W nozzle from an Academy kit, so I used that on the port engine. I added a TARPS pod from a Hasegawa kit....mostly cause you just don't see them very often. The markings I used were from an early Tomcat, the kit did not come with the proper chinpod, so I liberated that from an old Revellogram Tomcat. The VF-111 Sundowners markings came from Aeromasters "Tomcat Supreme part 2" sheet. The colors are Model Master "Gloss Gull Grey" overall and I used MMs "Neutral Grey" for the TARPS pod. The wash was done using pastel chalk ground up into a powder and mixed with water and some liquid soap.

BTW....yeah, I know the fin caps are supposed to be red...the decals were scaled for the Hasegawa kit and the Italeri tail fins were just a tad too short

Beautiful. No better subject matter, whether your model is real or virtual.

Ooh... purdy! I had one this size when I was a kiddo back in the 80s that fell afoul of a german sheppard pup... :cray:

oh...my...

Beautiful work! I've got about 30 Hasegawa Tom's... and have had the same fit problems with the decals on those too. Very nice...

SB

Man oh man she's beautiful! That's some S##T HOT work Paul :shok:

That looks better than all the past models I ever did - COMBINED.

Craigster

Guest Bounder

What no kids in the house? lol Good work man.

What no kids in the house? lol Good work man.

No, she was doing this....

fire_1.jpg

This is her first model....not bad for a 7 year old, eh?