Sign in to follow this  
Fates

BF2 Shuts Down Modded Servers

With the help of our community and partners we have located and shut down a number of modified servers which were being used for sending inflated scores to the stats leaderboards. During this crackdown process we have also wiped over 1000 players of their stats to best protect the leaderboard integrity. Some players may have joined these modified servers during the time they were active and found their profiles reset. This reset can not be undone as all resets have been fully investigated by the Support team and proven to be invalid scores.

We are continuing to work with our server providers to prevent these servers appearing but be aware there are some servers that could inflate your scores artificially so we suggest trying to play on servers you trust and know.

Please report any servers or players you suspect of cheating and/or padding to EA Customer Support through the website at http://support.ea.com.

This is fn stupid IMHO. EA should treat things more like AAO and simply not allow points to be added unless they are official servers. You want to earn points and go thru the ranks, simply play on an approved server. Sure you can still have modded servers, you just don't earn points on them.

Also, they should utilize punkbuster better and have it actually ban you from a server for cheating....PERMANENTLY!....not just for a few hours.....that's just Dumb...but that's just EA.

Personally displeased, the EA ogre wreaks havoc on the countryside once again.

Dammit! Mine is one of those accounts that got wiped. Christ knows when I played on one of these dodgy servers, but in any event, I think it took me 18 months of toil to get to Sgt on a crappy, choppy machine. I get my new machine with a GeForce 8800 a shade under 8 months ago and tried BF2 roughly 6 weeks ago and... wiped clean. With GRAW 2 and CoD 4 out, I don't care for the Battlefield series and it's "who's that tapping my shoulder? Wait, no that's someone tagging me with a barratt at point blank range. Almost didn't feel it." physics system, I just don't care about it anymore.

PR and Oz Forces were the only thing keeping my interest in it anyways...

I've never cared for the Battlefield series since BF2 came out. EA really killed it.

EA has a way of killing things

EA has not won any new friends...I do not even play BF2 on line and think this is calous.

What are the odds Bad Company is just BF2 but with different guns and destructible environments??

EA should treat things more like AAO and simply not allow points to be added unless they are official servers.

Hang on a minute! I thought you could only earn points in official servers anyways??

Hang on a minute! I thought you could only earn points in official servers anyways??

No, you earn point in every "Ranked" server...