Sign in to follow this  
ordway

Mig-17F cockpit nearing completion.

Back at it again!

Mig-17F cockpit nearing completion.

A repaint and repositioning of the Thirdwire Scooter's cockpit.

Mig-17F.jpg

The Mig-17 initially had the same cockpit as the Mig-15 according to sources. Slowly it evolved to the Mig-17F-one of the main Vietnam and middle east combat variants.

According to photos these six following (at least) changes from the Mig-15Bis cockpit were added to the Mig-17F:

1. -Finally, the Russians added the rearview mirror as standard. Apparently on the previous Mig-15, it created too many technical problems to include...not that they didn't try.

http://www.vectorsite.net/avmig15_2.html

2. -The temperature gauge was changed according to some photos to add a big colorful half red circle in the middle and they eliminated the colorful rainbow gauge casing around it.

3. -A large red canopy handle was added on the coaming according to some photos (very colorful and distinctive!).

4. Instrument panel rivets started having long screw driver holes instead of being flush according to some photos.

5. The huge clock instrument under the artificial horizon attained a large shiny, silver-colored frame...a reward for graduating from the Mig-15, I guess!

6. More buttons and switches were added to the upper instrument coaming.

7. Finally, the American-style six diamond gunsight reticle replaced the old British-style round circle.

Edited by ordway

Looks good was wondering my self who will ever release a pit for the mig-15/17.... nice birds and a very nice paint job!!!

Looking good, Ordway. Really enjoying your Mig-15 cockpit. You're doing great work. Thank you.

Heck

ordway, I haven't seen the 15 pit readme, but if you Moved the A-4 mirrors out of the way, they still "work" to hit computer performance if game mirrors are turned ON. Suggest MiG-15 players turn mirrors OFF.

ordway, I haven't seen the 15 pit readme, but if you Moved the A-4 mirrors out of the way, they still "work" to hit computer performance if game mirrors are turned ON. Suggest MiG-15 players turn mirrors OFF.

Thanks Lexx. That never occured to me!

Excellent :clapping:

I just released it.

It has many additions compared to the Mig-15Bis cockpit. Now next for a Mig-19 cockpit...it has that funky-looking square gunsight crash pad, a few double engine instruments but otherwise again very similar to the Mig-17 cockpit and the last of the "Mig-15 series" cockpits.

Edited by ordway

The zip doesn't work, boohoo!

Same here. :(

Dang it. I will upload it again. About 16 people apparently successfully downloaded it before it went south....strange :dntknw:

..and when I upload it, half the time, a statement pops up stating that there was an error...and about the other half of the time another statement pops up stating that it was sucessfully uploaded.

I guess it is always sucessfully uploaded even if the error window pops up...and I should just ignore the error popup window.

Edited by ordway

i have use the repair function of winrar and it has repait all but Metr_pit1.bmp

i have use from mig15 and it worl well now

Ordway just re-posted the Mig-17F cockpit file, and it downloads just fine now. Thanks for all your hard work Ordway!