• Announcements

• Erik

26 September - Maintenance Notification   09/21/2024

CombatACE.com will be offline this upcoming Thursday morning, September 26, 2024. The duration of this event will be 4-5 hours. Our website will be unavailable and return an error during that time. Maintenance of our equipment is unavoidable, and this downtime will allow the opportunity to replace worn and damaged fans, power supply units, and thermal paste throughout all our equipment. Thank you for reading our maintenance advisory.
Sign in to follow this  
Basher11

Volumetric fumes and smoke effects from Lexx_Luthor

Credits go to Lexx, thanks for your work it makes the game's eye-candy more immersive than ever before.

img00015.jpg

Guest pfunkmusik
Credits go to Lexx, thanks for your work it makes the game's eye-candy more immersive than ever before.

Whoa. That's nice.

pfunk

Edited by HrntFixr
Do NOT re-post pics in reply's!

Well...if you like that, you will like these two:

img00004.jpg

A B-57B launched an AGM-84A against a ground target

img00009.jpg

The airbase was nuked.

Been toying with the same effects sets from Lexx_Luthor, here is an F-14D (Ghostriders, with Typhoid's F-14D .inis, modified with the F-14D 'nose kit' from ravenclaw_007 mated to IIAF .LODs) firing the AIM-54C version of the Phoenix.

post-33249-1208341881_thumb.jpg

Edited by kct

Good one! The lighting effect illuminates the fuselage of the F-14. Extreme hard-on man!

Thanks, I was attempting to test BVR combat with the D without RoE restriction and stuff like that, and I installed the version without shadows, because apparently there was extra shapes (extremely noticeable on the left fin of the Tomcats) in the version with shadows.

I forgot to mention, I was using that together with Lexx_Luthor's Siberian Sun mod. However, if there is one thing I would like to stress, is that these mods would take a toll on a slower PC (my X-1400-equipped laptop managed to run the sun mod nicely the second time around, it was reduced to a crawl in the first time).

Believe me, check his other stuff at the TW BBS section.

This is another screenshot, with a different F-14D (Swordsmen this time), in which the lens flare turned out nicely. I'm considering changing the skies again though.

post-33249-1208359121_thumb.jpg

Edited by kct

The game series is amazing. I can run the game with Lexx's mod without much framerate loss on my office's Dell desktop which comes with a built-in graphics chip.

An attempt to use the effects on a Tomahawk, which I am going to mod with hopefully, a proper W80-style warhead. I'm going to use the F-15E as a weapons test platform for these kind of weapons, since it would carry almost anything except the heavies.

Which I tried and failed, because it would destroy everything around the target, except the target itself.

post-33249-1208408853_thumb.jpg

Edited by kct

An attempt to use the effects on a Tomahawk, which I am going to mod with hopefully, a proper W80-style warhead. I'm going to use the F-15E as a weapons test platform for these kind of weapons, since it would carry almost anything except the heavies.

Which I tried and failed, because it would destroy everything around the target, except the target itself.

I am working on the SA-2. It is amazing. I can see the missile coming at my 1 O'clock before it passes on my right hand side just by 100 ft or something, very close.

YOu launched a tomahawk at 30 thousand ft? That's a bit too high you launch a AS missile don't you think?

YOu launched a tomahawk at 30 thousand ft? That's a bit too high you launch a AS missile don't you think?

Why?

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't want to launch a large, long range missile at high altitude.

FastCargo

Nothing can be too high to launch something at the ground... Muwahahahahahahahaha!

Of course, when the said Tomahawk contains a nuke warhead, it is better to be safe than sorry.

Screwing around with realism, this is what I got.

An A2A nuke Phoenix. Well, it would be much fun if the same weapon is used against falling bits and pieces of asteroids/meteors/stuff.

post-33249-1208513747_thumb.jpg

post-33249-1208513800_thumb.jpg

Edited by kct

kct, I notice a form of lighting chop to the terrain. That's the nuc SkyGlow under default conservative FlightEngine settings. SkyGlow is made mainly for night operations and is best seen from hundreds of kilometers distance, and even I find it a bit irritating close up during day. Come to think, sky glow should only really be modelled for night.

If you fly most in day, you could eliminate the SkyGlow (the core HDS+B pulse will remain). Do this by several methods. Best method may be set SkyGlow particle sizes to zero, or set particle life time to zero (not as good method though). Maybe set Eject Time to zero??

This is what I made SkyGlow for...here is a 30MT blast far beyond the horizon (near 2000km away in enlarged map), with nothing but the sky glowing. All other visual blast effects are not rendered at this distance, assuming the blast happnes far beyond the horizon.

img00002-4.jpg

Lexx: You are right, I am somewhat questioning about the chop. Looks like I still need to play around with some of the .inis, since I am more of a day person, but..

Unfortunately, the last few pics are the reason why I still have the Paveways on the Strike Eagle. They would work at less than 25 radius, then fired from a high altitude. Warhead is not huge by any standards (150kts).

post-33249-1208578653_thumb.jpg

post-33249-1208578724_thumb.jpg

post-33249-1208578758_thumb.jpg

post-33249-1208578785_thumb.jpg

post-33249-1208578812_thumb.jpg

post-33249-1208578848_thumb.jpg

post-33249-1208578857_thumb.jpg

post-33249-1208578870_thumb.jpg

Edited by kct

Hey nice perspective, that's what I like.

Awsim pics kct and Basher. I am so relieved others got some of this stuff working.

Got it going. Damn I didnt know there were so many SAMs being launched; it was a bloomin hornet's nest.

The Tomcat too just got a little sexier.

And believe me when I said that the Tomcat looks weird with two Tomahawks strapped on it's wing pylons.

Lexx your smoke effect has enlightened up the missile trail of SA2 missile so I can visually identify and track the missile to evade.

So true. Ive got all the missiles on atleast for booster effect with aa missiles. So when Sue lets one slip, I now know where its coming from.

Over the Bekaa or even Hanoi its crazy man crazy.

Cant wait for Desert Storm.