Guest pfunkmusik
Ok...got a lot more worked on last night. There is, unfortunately, a major problem with Panataleria....

new_libya-8_pantelleria.jpg

This shot is from last night, using Runway1. I put every stinking airfield on that island (which seems to have a 'silting up' problem on the shorline --nothng I can do about that, as I don't want to mess with that stuff), and none of them worked - runways 1,2,5 and 6 ... they never flattened usably on the southern end (on the right). -- been a fraking nightmare with that one!!!

So, in frustration, I just dropped in my modified runway3 (paved version as seen in SoCal). Being a small airfield, none of the larger birds; ie those set to use MEDIUM runways, want to fly from it. It seems to be usable, but in trying to build a mission just to take off from there, the install of WoE I was using went titsup. Didn't damage the terrains, but all the effects and graphics are wonky. Good thing about having myriads of installs...just copy the terrain into another one!

So, we'll just have to live with it as it. Valetta has a harbor, populated with some shipping, Messinna exists as a blank city tile with a commbuilding (something for Sparko to attack, if he flys for the Bad Guys). Siracusa, without a harbor (should I add something???). I'll probably drop some kind of 'urban module' at Palermo and Trapani (if needed). Runway headings are pretty close, depening on terrain (high mountains make the AI crash)

On the NATO side we have usable:

Andravida, GR

Tito Minniti

NAS Signoella

Catania

Trapani Briggi

Luqa, Malta

All the Libyan stuff remains pretty much the same, with the exception of some airfields have been changed from Runway 4 (LARGE) to 1,5,6 (Medium).

BTW, is Tunisia friendly or enemy? I dropped a commbuliding at Tunis, but it's set as NEUTRAL. Nearby is the USAF/NATO listening post/spy center :wink: . It's mostly used as an anchor for the front line, which has been fixed.

All NATO bases have an associated defense site (HAWKs), plus their internal AAA units. Libya...well, you know about them! SAMs & AAA everywhere!!!

The Kadaffi's Defense Miinstry center got a building upgrade, too. You all can guess what I used :haha:

veltro: sorry, about Sardinia, bro! But there's plenty of other usable places. I even looked at Edwards WW2 Tunisia & North Africa maps....but switching sides is REAL bugger...never have quite gotten it right.

Hopefully, by the weekend for release. It'll be EVERYTHING needed - all the inis and other bits, tiles; excepting some of the GroundObjects, but everyone should have them anyway. Should be usable in just about ANY version of the game, from SF to WoI, as long as you have the proper cat pointer (I use WoE)

Wrench

kevin stein

All I can tell you is that your efforts are appreciated and are going towards one bitchin' campaign. Think El Dorado Canyon, but the Marines are headed for Tripoli again.

pfunk

Well, if Tunisia is considered FRIENDLY, I can drop one of my base camps there, and create ground attack movement routes

A few fire bases, another airport....it's all doable.

Any large Army bases in Scily? maybe put one on the southeastern tip??? Amphip landings; that's up to you mission/campaign builders.

Wrench

kevin stein

Guest pfunkmusik
Well, if Tunisia is considered FRIENDLY, I can drop one of my base camps there, and create ground attack movement routes

Any large Army bases in Scily? maybe put one on the southeastern tip??? Amphip landings; that's up to you mission/campaign builders.

Wrench

kevin stein

Sfax-Thyna AB is on the eastern coastline, if that helps, it's really close to a island.

pfunk

To the list above, add 2 more airbases:

Tunis-Carthage International (runway4)

Melita Airport (runway3)

coming soon:

Camp Dido

Camp Hamilcar

Camp Hannibal

You can guess where they are! :wink:

Looking at the ground attack routes, they seem to follow a historical pattern.....west to east along the coast road. Hmm....I seem to remember doing this once before; perhaps long ago, perhaps in a dream....

Wrench

kevin stein

Ok...got a lot more worked on last night. There is, unfortunately, a major problem with Panataleria....

Uhuuu!!! :clapping:

BTW, is Tunisia friendly or enemy? I dropped a commbuliding at Tunis, but it's set as NEUTRAL. Nearby is the USAF/NATO listening post/spy center :wink: . It's mostly used as an anchor for the front line, which has been fixed.

If my memory don't fools me, Tunisia is Neutral. I need to check at home. Unhappily I moved last week and still without internet at home. :shok:

Hopefully, by the weekend for release. It'll be EVERYTHING needed - all the inis and other bits, tiles; excepting some of the GroundObjects, but everyone should have them anyway. Should be usable in just about ANY version of the game, from SF to WoI, as long as you have the proper cat pointer (I use WoE)

Wrench

kevin stein

Waiting for that. Now we got a great responsability to build a campaign that match the terrain. :salute:

wrench, real nice work!!! :clapping:

But what is with the ground objects, specially the

Airfield objects. Can you add other objects, i´m a bit tired of the stock objects...

All I can tell you is that your efforts are appreciated and are going towards one bitchin' campaign. Think El Dorado Canyon, but the Marines are headed for Tripoli again.

pfunk

Well, I just got started build a set of missions based on Operations Praire Fire and El Dorado Canyon. Was when I found the issues with the terrain.

Wrench

kevin stein

Well, nothing that cannot be done with some diplomatic work. :biggrin:

In fact, Lybia try invade the south of Tunisia in 1980, but was repelled.

That airport will be a good place to put the A-10 and Harriers to CAS missions

Soulfreak: Tell me about it!!! I"d love to have a 'coventional' airport terminal building to replace the hangars on Airfield 4. But I wonder what the next patch will bring, vis-a-vis 'parked airplanes.

I know there's another tower, more civilian looking around here somewhere, and grampotusmos' (potmi??) radar facility; I plan in switching out a few thing, plus there's the Objects Pak Polac, albeit mostly WW2 PTO style building, but I've already used some of them (Quonset Hut).

And there's always the new flags I've raised :wink:

After setting all the NATO side, I guess I'll go back and double check the Libyan side. Just to make sure

Wrench

kevin stein

Soulfreak: Tell me about it!!! I"d love to have a 'coventional' airport terminal building to replace the hangars on Airfield 4. But I wonder what the next patch will bring, vis-a-vis 'parked airplanes.

I know there's another tower, more civilian looking around here somewhere, and grampotusmos' (potmi??) radar facility; I plan in switching out a few thing, plus there's the Objects Pak Polac, albeit mostly WW2 PTO style building, but I've already used some of them (Quonset Hut).

And there's always the new flags I've raised :wink:

After setting all the NATO side, I guess I'll go back and double check the Libyan side. Just to make sure

Wrench

kevin stein

yes the towers are one thing and the hangars, and so on...

i really like the style of gepards new airbases for germanyce....

Well, nothing that cannot be done with some diplomatic work. :biggrin:

In fact, Lybia try invade the south of Tunisia in 1980, but was repelled.

That airport will be a good place to put the A-10 and Harriers to CAS missions

No, they did not. They tried to get northern Tchad during the early 80'zs, that's not the same. :wink:

No, they did not. They tried to get northern Tchad during the early 80'zs, that's not the same. :wink:

Yes you right, in fact Tunisia accused Lybia of instigate a uprising by Tunisian insurgents in 1980.

But Lybia look for trouble with all his neighbours, Egypt, Tchade and Tunisia.

Here there's some info about the relations between Lybia and the neighborhood.

Yes you right, in fact Tunisia accused Lybia of instigate a uprising by Tunisian insurgents in 1980.

But Lybia look for trouble with all his neighbours, Egypt, Tchade and Tunisia.

Here there's some info about the relations between Lybia and the neighborhood.

Yeah, I'm quite used to Libyan politics, as I worked there during a year in diplomacy.

I remember that the N°2 of the embassy had in her office a big map of Libya as claimed by Libya, dating back to the 80's: well, those claimed borders were heavily crossing the neighbours borders. :wink:

As for good old Muhammar seeking troubles in Tunisia with some revolutionnaries, I'm not that surprised. I did not remember of that, but he was quite fond of that sort of things. :biggrin:

Edited by Emp_Palpatine