Ok malibu, I just tried your campaign I was sent to knock out the Paul Domner bridge up in the north just me and my wingman in F-16's armed with 4 2000lb bombs and ecm pod. OMFG!!! at 50 miles out we started to get painted by SAM sites that were EVERYWHERE! By the time we got to within 10 miles of target i was out of chaff and on the deck at 100ft MAX altitude! Next thing i know there are MULTIPLE SAM's inbound. I was over Hanoi and could not go any lower than 50 ft I evaded the first two sams but in doing so had to rise up to miss hitting a building and POW! 2 more sams hit right behind my AC my ccip is knocked out and my engine is smoking badly just before i try to punch out 2 more sams finish me! Talk about intense! Did i mention that this was just the 1st mission :blink: Excellent work my friend! you should consider making more of these campaigns. Lawd! im hooked. BTW, ANY mission over Hanoi even in 1985 is just asking for trouble!

Alright! Sounds like you're having fun with it!

Maybe I should turn down the starting Air Defenses for enemy forces...

Alright! Sounds like you're having fun with it!

Maybe I should turn down the starting Air Defenses for enemy forces...

Keep it the way it is it makes me better and makes me find better ways to ingress to the target. I love it!

have you defined "Ground_Attack" routes in the movement ini??? You'll need more than the stock one gives you.

Wrench

kevin stein

Hey Wrench,

I looked in the movement.ini for Vietnam, and there were 6 ground attack routes defined, which is actually one more than are defined in GermanyCE movement.ini. Yet, you still get CAS missions in Germany campaigns and none in vietnam campaigns. Is there something else to it that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Here is a new version, with plenty of CAS now. (Thanks, gocad).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/buqzbj

Please try it out and give me your feedback. A couple things to watch out for:

1. I had problems with some USN campaigns. When you go to start a mission with certain squadrons, the plane would spawn w/o an aircraft carrier, and you would blow up. I think I fixed it (by removing that one squadron from the playable list), but watch out for it anyway.

2. For a while, the campaign would end after one successful CAS mission. It doesn't happen now, but I haven't played a campaign all the way through yet either. I'm curious to see how long they last.

Let me know what you all think!

take a look at the Tet '68 campaign.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5389

there are some CAS in that one.

are you changing the map to provide for south ruled by the north? I tried playing with that once so I could set up Badgers out of Cam Rahn Bay and could get single missions but not a campaign.

Edited by Typhoid

take a look at the Tet '68 campaign.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5389

there are some CAS in that one.

are you changing the map to provide for south ruled by the north? I tried playing with that once so I could set up Badgers out of Cam Rahn Bay and could get single missions but not a campaign.

Actually, I copied the ground units and nodes from the Tet campaign to get the CAS to work. After that, I think the problem I was having had to do with the number for start offesnsive, and mission rates. I lowered the mission rates to one, and the problem I had with the campaign ending after one mission went away.

Anyone try it yet?

Actually, I copied the ground units and nodes from the Tet campaign to get the CAS to work. After that, I think the problem I was having had to do with the number for start offesnsive, and mission rates. I lowered the mission rates to one, and the problem I had with the campaign ending after one mission went away.

Anyone try it yet?

its posted someplace?

its posted someplace?

The link is in post #29.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/buqzbj

I don't want to upload it to the CA downloads section until I've played through a couple of campaigns and gotten some feedback.

Also, make sure to check back on the first page for the add-ons required.

Edited by malibu43

Aha! There was a carrier missing, and that accounted for the USN squadrons that were crashing at the start of the mission.

Add this to the bottom of the Carrier Units in the data.ini:

[CarrierUnit017]

CarrierType=CVA-63

CarrierNumber=60

UnitName=CVA-60 Saratoga

ForceID=1

Nation=USN

BaseArea=Yankee Station

NumSquadron=5

BaseSize=MEDIUM

Experience=100

Morale=100

Supply=100

Tour[01].Start=6/1985

Tour[01].End=2/1986

Got another question about the CAS missions in the campaign. I changed force with initiaitive to '2', and now instead of CAS missions flying support for friendly ground units attacking along the specified nodes, I'm flying CAS helping ground units defend random cities in S. Vietnam. None of the ground units for these missions show up on the maps. Also, I think I changed the startoffensive for force1 to '5', which I think should mean that friendly forces won't start the ground offensive until 5 days into the campaign.

What I'm wondering is after I repel all these random attacks on S. Vietnamese cities and 5 days go by will I get CAS missions supporting the friendly offensive again? If so, I think that would be better and allow for a longer campaign with more CAS. Can anyone break down the way the campaign handles nodes and initiative in relation to CAS missions? (I've read the tutorial in the KB, looking for something more than that).

Also, on some of these early CAS missions in defense of friendly cities, I get to the target area and get a mission complete right away and there are no ground targets. Is this an error in my campaign, or is this some sort of random variable thrown in by the game?

Help is appreciated!

Guest kelsh003

does the campaign work on strike fighters?

from kelsh003

I dont know what im doing wrong, but im having a helluva time finding Bunyaps weps pack, can someone point me in the right direction please,

also cant locate the F-111F and the tornado GR or the infantry pack

i must be a freakin idiot or something,, :blind:

oh well, looked like it would be fun,,,maybe I should just stick to playing pong,,,

Edited by gwar

I dont know what im doing wrong, but im having a helluva time finding Bunyaps weps pack, can someone point me in the right direction please,

also cant locate the F-111F and the tornado GR or the infantry pack

i must be a freakin idiot or something,, :blind:

oh well, looked like it would be fun,,,maybe I should just stick to playing pong,,,

CombatACE Forum > Downloads > Thirdwire Series (SF/WOV/WOE/WWI) > Add-On Aircraft > Modern Era Aircraft > Tornado. Downloads > Thirdwire Series (SF/WOV/WOE/WWI) > Add-On Aircraft > Cold War Aircraft > US Air Force Aircraft > F-111 Package. (There are muliple f-111's in the folder the 'f' is in there.) Downloads > Thirdwire Series (SF/WOV/WOE/WWI) > Weapons Mods/Skins > Weapon Packs (Bunyaps is at the bottom of the list) Downloads > Thirdwire Series (SF/WOV/WOE/WWI) > Object Mods > Ground Objects Mods > Infantry Pack. That should do it. Good hunting! Edited by Viper6

Does your f-111f have a cockpit? for some reason all of my 'Varks are missing pits. :blink:

Does your f-111f have a cockpit? for some reason all of my 'Varks are missing pits. :blink:

Check the read me in the Varks package. There's a link to download the cockpit.

www.schmidtwerner.de

does the campaign work on strike fighters?

from kelsh003

You'll need aircraft from WoE, and carriers and Terrian from WoV.

Also, for what it's worth, the campaign is till WIP. I'm still tweaking a lot of stuff, so if you come across any issues, let me know and I'll try and get them fixed.

:good:

OK guys. New problem.

I re-did the campaign based on the vietnamSEA target.ini and LBI data.ini posted in the Steel Tiger campaign thread. It was working fine, with offesnsives and CAS missions and all that good stuff. Then, all of a sudden this mornign, I fire up a new campaign for some testing, and I get a CAS mission right off the bat each time, and regardless of the outcome, a peace treaty is signed and campiagn is finished. Tried and A/A mission, and same thing. Campaign finished after one mission. Anyone know why this might happen? Here are the files:

Vietnam1985.txt

Nam85_new_DATA.txt

Obviously these would have to be renamed .ini.

Any help would be appreciated!

*edit* - I changed normal mission rate to 1 instead of 50, and it works fine now. If the rate is days between missions, and you have a campaign that's only 1 month long, a normal mission rate of 50 will only give you one mission.

Edited by malibu43

Just and update:

This has turned into basically a "modernized" version of the LBII campaign. Takes place now in '95 instead of '85 to use F-15E's, the AV-8B+, and F-18's and F-16's with lantirn pods and LGB's. Also featured are the F-15C, A-7E, A-6E, A-10, F-14, F-111F, and Tornado GR1. This means it requires a considerably larger amount of downloads and a little .ini editing to get the F-16 BLK10 to be a BLK40 the FA-18A to be a FA-18C.

If anyone's interested in testing, let me know. I'll try and get you all the appropriate files.

Sweet looking foward to it!!!

Thank You!!!

Good to know there is still interest in it! I'm in the middle of moving right now, so it will be a while (1 week or so) until I can get all the right files zipped and some sort of installation read-me put together. Stay tuned...

Yes, we are very interested and waiting patiently. Rock on! :good::clapping::ok:

Malibu:

Up your Supply=100,to Supply=200 for each force.

That gives everyone plenty of supplies for ground campaigns.

Try it and see.

I mod a lot of my campaigns and if the supply is not enough the game goes to other missions instead of CAS.

Make sure your ground objects (tanks,zsu's,etc)are all up to date(when they are in service)

Also make sure your GroundObject00X's at the bottom of the Campaign_data.ini file have the appropriate ground objects(T-60's,T-72's,M-60's,MB-1's).

You can also use VC/NVA squads as ground objects.

Edited by ezlead

Malibu:

Up your Supply=100,to Supply=200 for each force.

That gives everyone plenty of supplies for ground campaigns.

Try it and see.

I mod a lot of my campaigns and if the supply is not enough the game goes to other missions instead of CAS.

Make sure your ground objects (tanks,zsu's,etc)are all up to date(when they are in service)

Also make sure your GroundObject00X's at the bottom of the Campaign_data.ini file have the appropriate ground objects(T-60's,T-72's,M-60's,MB-1's).

You can also use VC/NVA squads as ground objects.

Thanks for the advice. As it is now, I'm getting some CAS missions 1 or 2 missions into the campaign. I haven't tested any further than that in a while, so I'm not sure where it goes from there. Maybe I'll up the supplies to see how it goes.

The only tanks in the campaign are the T-72A, so they should be fine year-wise. I also have the infantry pack incorporated, so you get a mix of CAS missions attacking tanks and infantry.

Thanks for the input! :good:

*edit* - Actually I just checked, and a lot of the AAA and other ground objects do have service years that end some time in the 80's. However, they are set to exported, and there is no export end year. Since the enemy nation in my campaign is N_Vietnam and these weapons would have to be imported, should all these objects still be available in the campaign?

Edited by malibu43