That tracks the file opened by an application, in order to track down CTD's causes?

That tracks the file opened by an application, in order to track down CTD's causes?

Have you tried using the admin tools or recovery tools built into windows? A lot of times log dumps can help you find the problem. Might try googling for setting up DrWatson or Setting up Error Log Dumps for your OS.

Vista always tells why something is going balls up.

Now that I have the game working I dont mind vista at all

Have you tried using the admin tools or recovery tools built into windows? A lot of times log dumps can help you find the problem. Might try googling for setting up DrWatson or Setting up Error Log Dumps for your OS.

Thanks guys for the ideas. I actually had tried already admintools as in "eventviewer", and Drwatson has no log dumps for the SFP's CTD. Which is where the whole problem is, that there is no error message to start looking at.

The problem is that I am having am apparently random " CTD, ( I guess "year" related) in a secondary install of Strikefighters, and I can't undestand why.

Of course I tired all th classic methods I read on the boards, and on the toher hand the crash happens when clicking accept on single mission selection screen, i.e. where you pick plane, level of opposion, mission and year.

Knowing what load at the peculiar phase would be an help.

Posted and 3rdwire, but no answer yet.

For modding purpose, being able to quickly trace CTD's roots.

Edited by Canadair