Ok, I've looked over my notes, but can't find the fixes for AD's Su-17 (and now by inference, lindr's mods thereof)

There were data ini tweeks that allowed you to get closer with the F6 view, and a couple others. I've looked at my older data inis (that SHOULD have it), but don't remember exactly what I'm looking for.

And once I get these, I'll add them to the KB

TIA!

Wrench

kevin stein

its a typo ( comma instead of dot ) in one of the wing min/max position lines

sure, but I need a original faulty data ini ...

but.. that reminds me of a advanced FM done by c5 which had that fixed already....

have to find my sukhoi's, they are al fitted with the advanced beta FM by c5

here is the fix for the Su-17 data ini anyway :

[LeftOuterWing]

ParentComponentName=LeftWing

MinExtentPosition=-2.75,-8.61, 0.45

MaxExtentPosition=-4,59,-3.67, 0.63 <------ typo here, comma instead of a dot

SystemName[004]=LeftSlat

[RightOuterWing]

ParentComponentName=RightWing

MinExtentPosition= 2.75,-8.61, 0.45

MaxExtentPosition= 4,59,-3.67, 0.63 <------ typo here, comma instead of a dot

SystemName[004]=RightSlat

the advanced beta FM was once available at c5 forum, but isnt anymore.

could be, not sure. I dont have it anymore in original form, only modified versions in some Fitters which are on a disconnected HDD now.

This is great guys !! The typo fault was known for a long time (you couldn't shoot the Fitter down with the AIM-9 from astern because of it), but I've been looking allover the place for the cure of the undercarriage problem.....

Makes it a lot more interesting to fly missions with the SU-22 M4 ("Susi", the nicest Fitter of them all), not losing half your flight on the taxiway.....

Thanks a lot :smile:

Aju,

Derk

I checked the old INI threads at Column5, and found the posting for C5's advanced beta was dated September 9, 2006. The link for download is no longer good, but at least I can search by backups for a FM dated after 9-9-06.

The Su-17 data.ini included with Nato Fighter 2 is dated 10-17-06, and has the modified landing gear damping values and correction in the right and left outer wing extentposition. This one should be the latest and best beta FM from C5 for the Su-17. Thank you Column5 for all your substantial labors and contributions!

Edited by NeverEnough