Just finished SFP1 campaign merc. on hard, what a pain in the ass. I'll tell you that F-100 will turn and bite you if you whip her to hard. Never did any campaign w/SFP always single mission. I like how you have to buy your way up and manage your money with purchasing aircraft and weapons. Couldn't wait to get enough cash for any F-4 model. Just a suggestion if you want a true tuff game try it all settings hard. Good luck, I gotta go take a shower. :biggrin:

Edited by MAKO69

Any1 try it yet coments welcome

Just finished SFP1 campaign merc. on hard, what a pain in the ass. I'll tell you that F-100 will turn and bite you if you whip her hard. Never did any campaign w/SFP always single mission. I like how you have to buy your way up and manage your money with purchasing aircraft and weapons. Couldn't wait to get enough cash for any F-4 model. Just a suggestion if you want a true tuff game try it all settings hard. Good luck, I gotta go take a shower. :biggrin:

I always like the merc campaign, played it may times.

I love the mercenary campaign. I get bored flying the same plane over and over in a campaign so I go mercenary to keep things different. Sad to see it go in Wings Over Israel.

Is there anyway to change aircraft, prices, etc. for a Merc Campaign?

I'd like to fly a modern campaign with a mixed flight of say a Typhoon, Falcon, Eagle and an Aardvark out front.

I may have to go check KB entries on Mercs. It maybe enough to get that 10th campaign fired up in WoI, as I am a quarter inch from burn-out...

It seems like the Aircraft price is not just fixed, but it also varies by the aircraft's abilities.

In comparison to the F-4E which cost at least $120,000 , An F-22A would cost over $500k.

If you're looking for a modern campaign, i'm making a campaign in 1995 which is a warzone between

US and Russian Generation 4-4.5 fighters which include Air force, Navy, and Marines. As a merc, you can buy any of the Gen.4-4.5 US/Russian fighters

, as well as the Typhoon, Gripen, F-22, and the F-23.

of course, it is advisable to change your starting funds if you want since these aircraft have a price tag that is over 3 times more expensive

than the F-4E.

I'd create the campaign on 2005+ which include the F-22 and F-35. But until someone gets a complete release of the SU-47,

Gen. 4-4.5 is as far as it can go.

It seems like the Aircraft price is not just fixed, but it also varies by the aircraft's abilities.

In comparison to the F-4E which cost at least $120,000 , An F-22A would cost over $500k.

If you're looking for a modern campaign, i'm making a campaign in 1995 which is a warzone between

US and Russian Generation 4-4.5 fighters which include Air force, Navy, and Marines. As a merc, you can buy any of the Gen.4-4.5 US/Russian fighters

, as well as the Typhoon, Gripen, F-22, and the F-23.

of course, it is advisable to change your starting funds if you want since these aircraft have a price tag that is over 3 times more expensive

than the F-4E.

I'd create the campaign on 2005+ which include the F-22 and F-35. But until someone gets a complete release of the SU-47,

Gen. 4-4.5 is as far as it can go.

I wish all campaigns in the games had a merc side. I just love it.

I would deffinetly download your merc campaign =) So keep it up and thank you for doing it.

no problem. although the campaign description is left untouched (too lazy to add it).

and if you think flying the 1995 campaign is good, I also included the campaigns for 1951, 1962, and 1975.

My idea is to simulate the evolution of jet age combat from the birth of the first jet vs jet dogfights of Mig Alley to the modern age of BVR combat. Aircaft types span from generation 1 fighters like the F-86 to generation 4.5 fighters like the Typhoon, F-15E, and JAS-39.

It also comes with the USN along with working carriers thx to Gocad's guide on adding carriers

to campaigns.

Also, i can work on a Generation 5 battle that takes place somewhere in 20XX, but until the Su-37 and

Su-47 are available, this is the most we can enjoy. For me, just making a full workable campaign from the start

is both fun and I learned a couple of new tricks.

Edited by Vambrace