Sign in to follow this  
orsin

inaccurate flight envelop after importing from WOE to WOI

All,

I have noticed the flyable mig 23 MF for WOI, which applies nele's WOE envelop definition, shows much weaker acceleration and speed performance compare to its in WOE. With a zero-load flight test I determined the maximum achievable speed between 35000-45000ft is around m1.7 in WOI ,compare to about M2.2 in WOE. It seems the FM system in WOI is much different and will unfortunately affect imported flights from earlier products.

what will happen when WOE WOV get patched up to the latest code base?

Edited by orsin

We brave airmen shall adapt.

All,

I have noticed the flyable mig 23 MF for WOI, which applies nele's WOE envelop definition, shows much weaker acceleration and speed performance compare to its in WOE. With a zero-load flight test I determined the maximum achievable speed between 35000-45000ft is around m1.7 in WOI ,compare to about M2.2 in WOE. It seems the FM system in WOI is much different and will unfortunately affect imported flights from earlier products.

what will happen when WOE WOV get patched up to the latest code base?

When WOE/WOV gets upgraded the stock jets will all have new flight models - but the 3rd party ones wont unless they are upgraded - which is some job when you think of how many people understand flight models.

You will have to look around for specific jets that state they work with WOI.

So just a case of hoping they are really - of course if you have some spare time to learn about the flight models..... :good:

WOI added new FM parameters, thus making some 3rd Party aircraft to require an update as stated.