Guys, as some of you know my ability to read the French language leaves much to be desired, so I could not understand the instructions in the A12 beta. My A12 only has a bit of a problem, the right wing has no skin/textures but the decals are in place. Did I botch the Install or is this how the beta was released?

I had this problem also, check the readme file, at the very bottom it mentions 2 file names in the proto folder, you need to copy the 1st one and give it the 2nd name. I think its copy gauche.bmp and name it droite.bmp, It could be the other way around though,sorry i no longer have the zip and this is going by memory and a look in the skin folder.

Also the loadout file is not finished. So you will need to fill it in or you will not have any weapons preloaded for missions, here is what i am currently using...

[AirToAir]

Loadout[03].WeaponType=AIM-120C

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].WeaponType=AIM-120C

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

[AirToAirLongRange]

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

[Recon]

Loadout[01].WeaponType=AGM-88C

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=AGM-88C

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[05].WeaponType=MK84

Loadout[05].Quantity=5

[Attack]

Loadout[01].WeaponType=GBU-22

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=GBU-22

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[05].WeaponType=CBU-87

Loadout[05].Quantity=8

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[05].Quantity=5

[sEAD]

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[05].WeaponType=CBU-87

Loadout[05].Quantity=8

[Anti-Ship]

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[05].Quantity=5

[FAC]

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[05].Quantity=5

Finally the service date in the data.ini should be changed to at least 1991 and i would suggest changing the cockpit to a modern pit like the F-22 or F-23s.

Edited by WarlordATF

I did some work on this one and revised weaponloads and data file; and added the talon cockpit

If someone is interested and I get the permission I can post

I did some work on this one and revised weaponloads and data file; and added the talon cockpit

If someone is interested and I get the permission I can post

nice that would be a great addition Canadair.

Thank you WarlordATF for helping me with the A-!2 problems

Thank you WarlordATF for helping me with the A-!2 problems

No prob, glad i could help!

I Added the A-12 to a campaign and shes real fun to land on a carrier, i hit the deck at about 210 kts! :blink:

Good tips on the `pit, as I tried to use the F-4J, as mentioned in the INI, and all I have is an aiming reticle.

Will try with a modern `pit this evening, if I can figure it out.

I understood enough to create the right, or droite, side BMP from the left, gauche.bmp

The only other issue I have is an almost uncontrollable yaw to the left on take-off. The AI takes a HARD left wing drop and augers.

Maybe there is an issue with my stick, but when I hit the mapped flaps up switch, all seems to go well from then on.

Nifty looking little bird, I already have a USAF skin started, as it was a test jet, why not?

Good tips on the `pit, as I tried to use the F-4J, as mentioned in the INI, and all I have is an aiming reticle.

Will try with a modern `pit this evening, if I can figure it out.

I understood enough to create the right, or droite, side BMP from the left, gauche.bmp

The only other issue I have is an almost uncontrollable yaw to the left on take-off. The AI takes a HARD left wing drop and augers.

Maybe there is an issue with my stick, but when I hit the mapped flaps up switch, all seems to go well from then on.

Nifty looking little bird, I already have a USAF skin started, as it was a test jet, why not?

I'm using the F-22 Pit and it seems to work pretty well. You just need to copy the Cockpit folder,Avionics.ini and cockpit.ini and name them to match the aircraft. You also might want to adjust the RCS info in the DATA.INI, IMO it was too easy to detect on the enemys radar so i used the F-22s RCS numbers and now i only worry about heaters and guns.

Yeah, Shes a beast to get in the air and the AI can't dogfight without stalling and crashing.Its not meant to be a fighter, but the AIM-120s give you a good defensive ability. Its kinda a challange to fly but alot of fun also, im about 50/50 on carrier landings so far, she comes in really hot or she sinks like a stone. She launches from the boat fine though.

As for the USAF skin, from what i've read the USAF also had an order in along with the Navy and Marines for the aircraft so that skin is realistic. Its really sad to see the Mockup was left out in the weather with its wings clipped, a google search turned up alot of interesting information about this bird that died very quietly.

Edit: I keep forgetting to mention, Thats a nice Spark Vark on page 1, nice work! :good:

Edited by WarlordATF