I can't make decals to save my life...gawd knows I've tried but I can't.

Seeing as I'm a total stickler for details I get into a right tizzy when flying WOE when the RAF a\c have no fuselage serial numbers.

I've managed to resize & reposition the underwing Phantom serials to the correct fuselage position but this won't work with the Harrier as it uses a two line serial number under the wings.

So, could any of you talented super-decal guru's be able to make me the Harrier GR.3 serials that are in WOE ?

I'd only need the .tga's as I can position them myself (see not totally a waste of space) !

Cheers.

Nicki, can you show us an example???

I'm doing up the new Royal Navy sets for the Seahawk F.1A (for Korea), so I'm assuming it's something like those:

Royal Navy

WF151

They're really not that hard to! Honest!!! Expecially a single color like text. Try doing nose arts, when you have to colorize a b/w drawing!!! Talk about layers....jeeeezz!!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Here's an example.

I just added the serial in photoshop to show the desired effect.

img00001.jpg

Shoot, that ain't nothing!!! Couldn't have picked an easier set to do...all letters & numbers.

I'm doing 75 decals for the Seahawk ALONE, and about 50+ for that Sabre mod.

Give me the sequence letters/numbers (or I could try and find the production serials - I don't have any books on the GR.3, but could probably find some- ), and how many you want .... and a few days....as I'm almost done with a few mods, and was beginning to try to find something next....maybe a Modern Korea? Full of SAMs and nasty people....

PM or email me

kjstein AT ca DOT rr DOT com

Wrench

kevin stein

Shoot, that ain't nothing!!! Couldn't have picked an easier set to do...all letters & numbers.

I'm doing 75 decals for the Seahawk ALONE, and about 50+ for that Sabre mod.

Are you trying to make the other skinners feel bad since they usually only do 12-16 decals per skin? :tongue:

Well, for the SeahawkF.1A, there's 24 aircraft, with 3 differents sets of decals (id number, the underwing serials, and the RN tail tag with the serial).

For the Sabre, its pretty much the same, excepting that fact I only had to make 14 sets of serial and buzzz numbers, as I reused some from another Sabre skin I did. The pilot names .... well, there's 24 of them.

According to TK, IIRC, the minimum number is 18.

NFG's request will take a little time, as there's 100 serials for the underwing decals for the GR.3. Fortunately, WoE supplies the number.lst, so it's no guesswork as to what goes where with whom.

You folks know I ALWAYS make at least 24 number sets, expecially for the WW2 stuff -RAF letters run to 26, so.....(A-Z)

Wrench

kevin stein

ps: I'm trying to catch up with Dave...I think I"m only 1000 or so behind, including all the nose art and stuff

I'm trying to catch up with Dave...I think I"m only 1000 or so behind, including all the nose art and stuff

Never happen Wrench, you got about.......5000 to catch me. :biggrin:

:rofl:

Actually, I think I forgot a zero!!

But my nose arts are better!!! :wink: (probably because I'm such a perv.....)

The real pisser is, now that Time-Wanker Cable has discontinued the newsgroups, there goes my acess to the celebrity fakes newsgroups!!! *&^%$#@!-- may they burn!!

Wrench

kevin stein