Sign in to follow this  
FOTF

Hangin with the Hawks

Today was the "Dad and Me with the Seahawks" day. Man! What fun. Only a couple players were there, but still a lot of fun. We got to run some drills, Lofa Tatupu made me do pushups for knocking over one of his pylons in the obstacle course. But the most amazing thing was they opened up the Seahawks locker room. This is a place that is typically off limits for the normal tours. If you are not a player or part of the training/coaching staff, you do not see the inside of this room....it was VERY cool......I took some pics to share.

My daughter and I down on the field...up to the right is the flag pole they raise the 12th Man flag on

hawks4.jpg

Here is a perspective of the "Crow's Nest" that not many people are given...and usually when they do have that view, they can't enjoy it because a 250 pound monster is chasing them down...

hawks5.jpg

And that monster is named Lofa...

hawks11.jpg

Not quite as intimidating....my wife...GRRRRR!

hawks8.jpg

Starting for the Seahawks at Wide Reciever....MY DAUGHTER!

hawks6.jpg

In Seattle, we have the "Ring of Honor". The members of the ring are people who played an important part of Seahawks history. In the locker room, they have the jerseys of those players hanging from the walls...Here are a couple of the greatest players to wear the blue and green.

hawks2.jpg

My daughter and I sitting in a future Ring of Honor members locker....Matt Hasselbeck

hawks7.jpg

Finally, the day ended with a BBQ with the players and autograph session. Here my daughter and I let Lofa Tatupu and Ryan Plackemeier take their picture with us.

hawks10.jpg

Paul

Warn us next time before posting pics of yourself. :rofl: :rofl:

That looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing.

happy for you.

i am not a sporty type, until the start of the man hunting season........

but i understand that for whose who like this kind of sports, it could be something some footsteps from heaven.

and that ring of honour......

well, it sounds like some araldic tradition that also some fighter squadrons have.

P.S.

dave, one day you could see a picture of me. make you sure to be on a good chair and a phone ready for 911 in hand. :helpsmilie:

i'm not a horror movie character. i'm worse. :flood::iagree:

not a threat, but laughing crisis can be worrying.

Paul anyway you can adpot me before the next time you do that? It sucks being a life long seahawk fan living in CT.It looks like you and your family had a great time you seem really blessed.Thanks for sharing those pics they brought a chill to my spine ,I had a jim zorn #10 jersey as a 10 year old then the old Brian Bosworth #55 and to this day my most treasured jersey in my Johm L Williams #32 ,I always wear it to the sports bars and pick fights with all the frontrunner Pats fans. :aggressive:

Paul anyway you can adpot me before the next time you do that? It sucks being a life long seahawk fan living in CT.It looks like you and your family had a great time you seem really blessed.Thanks for sharing those pics they brought a chill to my spine ,I had a jim zorn #10 jersey as a 10 year old then the old Brian Bosworth #55 and to this day my most treasured jersey in my Johm L Williams #32 ,I always wear it to the sports bars and pick fights with all the frontrunner Pats fans. :aggressive:

You always have to give Pats fans a hard time!

Yeah, it was a good time. It was awesome to see inside the locker room. I ran down the same tunnel the players do when they come out....pretty cool to retrace those steps.

Lofa was awesome....funny guy. We were running this obstacle course and at the end was a tackle dummy with Lofa sitting next to it. There was these pads we had to step over, then weave through some poles and the shuffle through some cones and then do another set of sticks and then high step over some more pads and then tackle this dummy. Before hand, he told us each stick knocked over was worth 5 pushups (he admited he had a guy in the group before us do 25, and he sent him back to do it over again)....I tell you, it was initimidating running this course with a three time pro bowler watching you, and then yelling at you to destroy this tackle dummy. This older guy is before me and he starts over the pads, and hits the first set of sticks and is going REALLY slow and cautious....guess the idea of doing pushups for Lofa didn't appeal to him. Lofa starts yelling "Come on Gramps! You can go faster than that!"

What shocked me was how loud it gets in that stadium. There was only 250 people and they had us yell "Go Hawks"....man, what an echo it made. I now understand why people say we pump noise into that stadium....

Some stadium do indeed have ear-bleeding acoustics. I remember when I saw Paul McCartney at Joe Robbie Stadium in Miami in 1990 (who knows what it's called now, they keep changing it, it'll always be JRS to me)...when he started "Can't Buy Me Love" the roar drowned out the (admittedly very loud) music and the concrete balcony started bouncing. All I could think was, "is it supposed to do that??"