Sign in to follow this  
Baltika

Battle of the Philippines 1941-42 v 1.0

Check the data inis on ALL the IJAAF/IJN aircraft. Make sure they read as:

NationName=Japanese Empire

Change as needed.

Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

Wrench

kevin stein

hmmmm

must be something?

because nazi Germany is the same way...

very very weird.

everything matches is it just a glitch?

i have no guns on my p-26 peashooter

how do i fix it?

is it in the ini??

Does anyone else have a problem with the peashooter.

I've loaded it twice and its guns are in there but its missing. in the game

ok i have a few problems in the campaign

i have finally fixed some of the aircraft problems

only to find a few in game play.

LIKE!

some strike mission requiring you to hit a comm buildings.

Only to find out

theres comm buildings.

ALSO i was flying in the norther most island of the map and it CTD.

in other times all the planes get stuck

and end up twistering around like toy planes on strings.

So i'm wondering is there a fix for this?

can it be repaired.

because we come so far.

Hi koushiro,

Thanks for the feedback. As to the issues you listed, I'll see what I can suggest.

1. WW2 Nations ini, is Charles' WW2 Formations mod. You should install this if you plan to fly WW2 planes, it adds a lot of WW2 nations which are not inlcuded in the stock game. Here's the link:-

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=3197

2. Peashooter guns. Have you installed Bunyap's weapons pack? You need it for a lot of the WW2 weapons/bombs to show up. Link:-

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=2672

3. Only Philippino infantry show up. These are inlcued in the campaign d/l. Sounds like you haven't installed Kesselbrut's infantry OR the WW2 tanks by Geo and the A-team.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...mp;showfile=762

http://cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1/

http://www.geos-aircraft.com/SFObjects.htm

4. Comm buildings - not really sure what the question is here. There are quite a number of "waypoint" target areas I have added to the map. This is to make sure the groundwar operates correctly. A lot of those target areas ha ve nothing but a comm building and a couple of flak units. If you get tasked to strike them, blow them up :wink:

5. CTD at nortnernmost end of island, planes on strings. This is a known issue. It is because the north end of Luzon is behind the 50k wall at the edge of the map. Planes bump into this invisible wall if they hit it, and can't fly past. The reason you will see IJNAAF flights do this is because I have situated their home bases (historically on Formosa) off the edge of the map. These planes are trying to fly home and can't get past the wall. The way to fix it is to hit Alt+N.

As you will see from my previous post, I have started a new map which extends all the way to Formosa. Once this map is finished that will fix the issues at No.5, and you will be able to fly the IJNAF/IJAAF units which are based on Formosa. Just now, you can only fly the IJAAF carrier based units. But it will take a long while to build that map. Other modders are much better at map building than me, but they are either busy with other projects, or are no longer active on this forum.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Baltika

well on the comm buildings

i mean a few things don't show

some flak guns just don't show.

Hi koushiro,

Thanks for the feedback. As to the issues you listed, I'll see what I can suggest.

1. WW2 Nations ini, is Charles' WW2 Formations mod. You should install this if you plan to fly WW2 planes, it adds a lot of WW2 nations which are not inlcuded in the stock game. Here's the link:-

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=3197

2. Peashooter guns. Have you installed Bunyap's weapons pack? You need it for a lot of the WW2 weapons/bombs to show up. Link:-

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=2672

3. Only Philippino infantry show up. These are inlcued in the campaign d/l. Sounds like you haven't installed Kesselbrut's infantry OR the WW2 tanks by Geo and the A-team.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...mp;showfile=762

http://cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1/

http://www.geos-aircraft.com/SFObjects.htm

4. Comm buildings - not really sure what the question is here. There are quite a number of "waypoint" target areas I have added to the map. This is to make sure the groundwar operates correctly. A lot of those target areas ha ve nothing but a comm building and a couple of flak units. If you get tasked to strike them, blow them up :wink:

5. CTD at nortnernmost end of island, planes on strings. This is a known issue. It is because the north end of Luzon is behind the 50k wall at the edge of the map. Planes bump into this invisible wall if they hit it, and can't fly past. The reason you will see IJNAAF flights do this is because I have situated their home bases (historically on Formosa) off the edge of the map. These planes are trying to fly home and can't get past the wall. The way to fix it is to hit Alt+N.

As you will see from my previous post, I have started a new map which extends all the way to Formosa. Once this map is finished that will fix the issues at No.5, and you will be able to fly the IJNAF/IJAAF units which are based on Formosa. Just now, you can only fly the IJAAF carrier based units. But it will take a long while to build that map. Other modders are much better at map building than me, but they are either busy with other projects, or are no longer active on this forum.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Baltika

It totally sounds like you're missing MOST -if not all- the needed items for running a WW2 PTO install

There are only 2 AAA units available for the IJ Forces in ALL the PTO mods (not counting the FE based IJA_AAA machine gunner)

Type 88, 75mm and

Type 96, 25mm

That all there be.

The Allies get a larger choice:

20mm Bofors

3.7in UK (both free standing and 'emplaced' - sandbag revieted)

M-16 Quad 50cal Half-trak

M-55 Quad 50 (if data in modified for WW2 -which it should be!)

US 90mm (based of Pasko's KS-19)

and the BrowningAAA (based off the FE WW1 mg gunner)

As to the Peashooter, the 30cal M-2 is a stock weapon -- you shouldn't have had ANY problems with that one.

Just for a 'point of order', you DO have a seperate install of (insert game name here -EXCEPT WoI!!!) for your PTO install, correct?? Do you have the Bunyap Weapons Pak installed? Have you added the necessary weapons -there's a butt-load of Japanese/Nazi Germany add-ons in the Dev A-Teams aircraft, not just bombs/torpedos, but guns as well. Most, hopefully, were/are included in the Bunyap Pak.

More info is requred, and requested.

Wrench

kevin stein

thank you.

It totally sounds like you're missing MOST -if not all- the needed items for running a WW2 PTO install

There are only 2 AAA units available for the IJ Forces in ALL the PTO mods (not counting the FE based IJA_AAA machine gunner)

Type 88, 75mm and

Type 96, 25mm

That all there be.

The Allies get a larger choice:

20mm Bofors

3.7in UK (both free standing and 'emplaced' - sandbag revieted)

M-16 Quad 50cal Half-trak

M-55 Quad 50 (if data in modified for WW2 -which it should be!)

US 90mm (based of Pasko's KS-19)

and the BrowningAAA (based off the FE WW1 mg gunner)

As to the Peashooter, the 30cal M-2 is a stock weapon -- you shouldn't have had ANY problems with that one.

Just for a 'point of order', you DO have a seperate install of (insert game name here -EXCEPT WoI!!!) for your PTO install, correct?? Do you have the Bunyap Weapons Pak installed? Have you added the necessary weapons -there's a butt-load of Japanese/Nazi Germany add-ons in the Dev A-Teams aircraft, not just bombs/torpedos, but guns as well. Most, hopefully, were/are included in the Bunyap Pak.

More info is requred, and requested.

Wrench

kevin stein

I want to thank everyone who helped me on this it works excellent

i hope more is to come.

a guadalcanal campaign or the battle for china campaign would be beautiful.

Thank you Baltika and wrench for the help. ^_^

Hi koushiro,

You are most welcome, I'm glad you got it working. There are developments in the works with this campaign, thanks to your feedback (and also CA_Stary) I realise that there are some problems with having airbases "off-map." So I have been working on a new Philippines terrain, full-scale, and which extends all the way to Formosa in the north. This will allow you to fly all IJNAF/IJAAF squadrons in the campaign, take off from bases on Formosa, fly to the Phillipines, and drop your bombs.

It will also allow for the (non-historical) option of B-17 bomber attacks on airbases on Formosa, so watch out :wink:

As for other WW2 campaigns, I have a few more on the drawing board - the next one to be released will probably be Burma 1941-42, but Gepard's Midway terrain is very tempting to build a campaign :yes:

And as a Scot I am keen to get my WW2 North Africa campaign finished and released.

Edward, the man who built all these great WW2 terrains, released a WW2 Solomons campaign a while back, but I think it is no longer available, unless you can find it at avsim, or persuade Edward to re-release it :wink:

Scrapper has built a Flying Tigers campaign using Edwards WW2 China terrain, which is in the campaign d/l section here at combatace, but I think you will need to mod it to make the IJAAF side flyable. Shouldn't be too difficult if you use this campaign as a template.

Good luck and happy flying,

Cheers,

Baltika

Don't forget, too, that China and Darwin are now in the shop for 'eye candy' upgrades.

With any luck, Darwin will be ready this week; it didn't need as much work as China. After those, I my revist my Solomons upgrade, now that I know more, and have more objects to use (with undying thanks to Polack and CFS2's AF Midway Group)

Wrench

kevin stein

Just a small alternative addition from me. While working on the ship sinking effect, I've reworked the small flak (or pom-pom) effect from WW2 pack. Now it's no more grey as in WW2pack, but orange flash, pinky-to-white transiting, also with new graphics. It's not impacting framerate, nice when strafing all those convoys and carriers... Ok, the last part is impression from Midway map :smile:

I've included modified bulletobject.ini, which changes the airburst effect for smaller (up to 37mm) caliber guns to this effect. Also increased bullet calculations range by setting minimal mach number to 0.5 instead of default 0.7

Cheers,

Stary

Nice work,

Thanks very much :good:

a slight problem but not too big

its on the aircraft that your

require in the Ini

i can't find these and the place you said to get it

won't let me load.

Tomahawk }

Ki-21 } Wolf257

Ki-27 }

these 3 aircraftwon't load

originally i just changed them but now i've reloaded it and want to play your

campaign fully.

a slight problem but not too big

its on the aircraft that your

require in the Ini

i can't find these and the place you said to get it

won't let me load.

Tomahawk }

Ki-21 } Wolf257

Ki-27 }

these 3 aircraftwon't load

originally i just changed them but now i've reloaded it and want to play your

campaign fully.

you'll find them in the Wolf257's aircraft pack here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=4363

Guest Stiglr

Hey CA_Stary, great effects!!!

How does SF/Wo* handle editing and incorporating these effects? Are they sprite files, created in 3DMax, or...?

Hey CA_Stary, great effects!!!

How does SF/Wo* handle editing and incorporating these effects? Are they sprite files, created in 3DMax, or...?

No, all my effects since Enhanced Explosions 2 are hand painted and edited in photoshop. Effects are handled by sets of *.ini files describing particle emitters and particle materials. Slightly similar to how CFS 3 effects.xml works.

OK!

i have the planes i've been looking for but theres another slight problem

the tomahawk has no bomb racks

is that right?

when i started a campaign with the P-40B tomahawk i had an anti ship mission

and had no bomb racks to load bombs on.

please do i need to rework the ini or is there an upgrade?

OK!

i have the planes i've been looking for but theres another slight problem

the tomahawk has no bomb racks

is that right?

when i started a campaign with the P-40B tomahawk i had an anti ship mission

and had no bomb racks to load bombs on.

please do i need to rework the ini or is there an upgrade?

Hi koushiro,

The P-40B does not come with bombracks equipped as stock. Add this to the Tomahawk_DATA.ini file:-

// Weapon Stations ---------------------------------------------------------

[LeftWingStation]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=1

StationGroupID=1

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-2.375,0.11,-0.52

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=55

DiameterLimit=0.5

LengthLimit=1.50

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB

AttachmentType=UK,USAF

//ModelNodeName=Left_Wing_Pylon

PylonMass=0

PylonDragArea=0.0

FuelTankName=

[RightWingStation]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=2

StationGroupID=1

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=2.375,0.11,-0.52

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=55

DiameterLimit=0.5

LengthLimit=1.50

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB

AttachmentType=UK,USAF

//ModelNodeName=Right_Wing_Pylon

PylonMass=0

PylonDragArea=0.0

FuelTankName=

Cheers to Wrench, The for that little upgrade :good:

Also, you may want to edit the Tomahawk_LOADOUT.INI file to give you a default loadout:-

[AirToAir]

[AirToAirLongRange]

[Attack]

Loadout[01].WeaponType=100lb_bomb

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=100lb_bomb

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

[sEAD]

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

[Anti-Ship]

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

[FAC]

[Recon]

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Happy hunting :biggrin:

hmmmm

has anyone in the campaign in one mission shot down 4 or 5 enemy aircraft

but it doesn't show up when you end the mission and go to what you've done in the mission???

its happened 3 times.

and i don't know whats wrong.

hmmmm

has anyone in the campaign in one mission shot down 4 or 5 enemy aircraft

but it doesn't show up when you end the mission and go to what you've done in the mission???

its happened 3 times.

and i don't know whats wrong.

I've noticed this too, when dropping bombs, no event log exists. Maybe try increasing:

MaxEventLog=4096

in missioncontrol.ini to higher values?

where is this located?

I've noticed this too, when dropping bombs, no event log exists. Maybe try increasing:

MaxEventLog=4096

in missioncontrol.ini to higher values?

missioncontrol.ini in flight folder. If not, extract it from flightdata.cat

But now I think problem is elsewhere. I have no logs after missions at all :crazy:

i do hope for more Japanese playable squadrons.