Sign in to follow this  
Baltika

Battle of the Philippines 1941-42 v 1.0

If you want a standard OD for the Seversky, give me a day or so. I just need to research the tail markings (squadron call out, individual A/C numbers, etc)

The mapping is 98.6% the same as the P-43 Lancer, which I just remade templates for. The rest can easily be done with decals and such

Wrench

kevin stein

Hi Wrench,

Thanks for the P-35 OD skin & ini update, great work :biggrin::good:

For those of you who wish to use this historical skin for the Philippines campaign (and who wouldn't :wink: ), after you have d/led and installed Wrench's update to your P-35, open the /Campaigns/PAW1/PAW1_data.ini file, scroll down to the entry for [AirUnit005] (which is the 34th Pursuit Squadron) and change the "DefaultTexture=USAAF" flag to read "DefaultTexture=34thPS"

Now your Guardsmen will show up in-game (campaign play) sporting their historically-accurate OD skins, courtesy of Wrench, The. Cheers mate, for taking the trouble :good:

You will probably have to start a new campaign for this change to take effect.

Cheerio for now,

Baltika

It has been brought to my attention that some people are having trouble d/ling Edward's WW2 Phillipines terrain from avsim. I checked it just now and it's still there and available for download, try typing "phillipines.zip" into the search box, and note the spelling.

You will also want the file "pacific_objects.zip" from avsim.

If all else fails, download Brain32's Vietnam_SEA tileset repaint from here at combatace and install it to the Philippines1941 terrain folder created by the campaign pack. You will also want to get CA_Stary's Green Hell 2 mod for Brain's tileset.

Cheers all,

Baltika.

PS, I reckon Brain32 & CA's work is so good you will probably want to install it to your Philippines terrain folders anyway :yes:

Edited by Baltika

A gentle reminder to those who are using CA_Stary's superlative WW2 effects pack - Stary released a new a/c fire effect as an update on the BoB thread (page #13, about post #243 or thereby)

Baltika

i cant find it , can you give a link

I'm at my limit now

i loaded this campaign with high hopes but the terrain is impossible.

first i had no land no water

so i did what was said on this forum about CA_Stary and another guys vietnam

terrain.

NOW i have land but no water.

I'm playing this on my copy of WOE.

and it seem i keep hitting a brick wall.

PLEASE SOMEONE FILL ME IN ON HOW TO MAKE THIS WORK.

OR I'M GOING TO END UP WITH THE SAME PROBLEMS AS THE FORMOSA CAMPAIGN.

AND JUST DUMPING THE DARN THING :dntknw:

I'm at my limit now

i loaded this campaign with high hopes but the terrain is impossible.

first i had no land no water

so i did what was said on this forum about CA_Stary and another guys vietnam

terrain.

NOW i have land but no water.

I'm playing this on my copy of WOE.

and it seem i keep hitting a brick wall.

PLEASE SOMEONE FILL ME IN ON HOW TO MAKE THIS WORK.

OR I'M GOING TO END UP WITH THE SAME PROBLEMS AS THE FORMOSA CAMPAIGN.

AND JUST DUMPING THE DARN THING :dntknw:

Hi again koushiro,

Sorry I can't respond instantly to your requests for help, but, you know, life, family, work, sleep etc etc

keep getting in the way :wink: I think time zones may be an issue here too :rolleyes:

Anyhoo,

The campaign is tested for SFP1, which may be part of the problem. Terrain troubles are usually down to installing the terrain to a version of the sim which has a different terrain catfile from the one your 3rd party terrain is looking for.

For your WoE install, open the WoE/terrain/Philippines1941/Philippines1941.ini file, and change the line

CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat

to read

CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat

That should help. I did mention this in the readme, but in fairness it's not spelled out in the above form.

If you have land and no water, it sounds like you are missing a sea tile. All of Edward's WW2 terrains at avsim are based on the WoV tile naming convention, and I can't remember offhand if Brain32's Vietnam_SEA repaint includes water tiles. That may be the problem.

Have you been able to d/l Edward's Philipines terrain from avsim, or not?

Please don't dump the darn thing just yet, I will keep trying to help, as & when time permits. I just couldn't stand the rejection. . . :wink::biggrin:

Edited by Baltika

A gentle reminder to those who are using CA_Stary's superlative WW2 effects pack - Stary released a new a/c fire effect as an update on the BoB thread (page #13, about post #243 or thereby)

Baltika

i cant find it , can you give a link

Hi ravenclaw,

This should do the trick:-

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?act=a...st&id=10779

Bear in mind this is an update to CA_Stary's WW2 effects pack, you have to install that first, then the little file above.

Any probs, ANYONE :wink: , just give me A SHOUT :shout:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edited by Baltika

I 'll have to dump this campaign

1. i can't get avsim to download

2. i don't have WOV

3. i'm tired of begging for help or remedies i don't get.

everyone enjoys these campaigns but the list of failures for me are growing

this is the 4th campaign i had to dump because something IS ALWAYS MISSING.

either a plane is not available or like scrappers formosa campaign CTDS everytime i try to play

its ALWAYS SOMETHING!!!

ALWAYS SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!

i'm on the ace combat design group here in Sci-Fi/Anime/What If Forum

maybe i should just stick to that.

Its not worth the headache everyday trying to get a person creation to work.

i'll just deal with mine.

heck my grandparents had an easier time taking off from Clark air force base then i am having getting your creations to work.

I 'll have to dump this campaign

1. i can't get avsim to download

2. i don't have WOV

3. i'm tired of begging for help or remedies i don't get.

everyone enjoys these campaigns but the list of failures for me are growing

this is the 4th campaign i had to dump because something IS ALWAYS MISSING.

either a plane is not available or like scrappers formosa campaign CTDS everytime i try to play

its ALWAYS SOMETHING!!!

ALWAYS SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!

i'm on the ace combat design group here in Sci-Fi/Anime/What If Forum

maybe i should just stick to that.

Its not worth the headache everyday trying to get a person creation to work.

i'll just deal with mine.

heck my grandparents had an easier time taking off from Clark air force base then i am having getting your creations to work.

Koushiro,

Look old chap, I feel your pain. I have had similar experiences trying to get things to work, it is frustrating when they don't. Partly that is why I got into modding, once you dig into the .ini files and ask a few questions, try a few things out, it all starts to make sense, plus I have to say the support around here is superb. OK, it may take us a day or two to reply, but remember we do this as a hobby, for fun. Maybe take a deep breath, come back in a day or two.

To answer the points you make above:-

1. If avsim won't d/l for you, we can't fix that from this end. I am trying to come up with a creative workaround which WILL NOT intrude upon the wishes of the creator of the original terrain, which deserve our respect.

2. OK, you don't have WoV. In my earlier PM I made a suggestion which asked that question. If you don't, NP, we will try something else. Let me think.

3. If you feel you are begging without getting remedies, I'm sorry, it just takes a little time. This is not a professional helpdesk.

I am interested in your family history, sounds great.

I also like the sound of your campaign.

Keep up the good work.

If you have tried everything I have suggested, let me know, and I will try to come up with something else.

There are 200+ d/ls of this campaign, and I am not hearing about your level of problem from others, so I think we can get it sorted.

Olive branch. . . :good:

i don't have WOV.

so i'm out of luck.

another campaign bites the dust for me.

Koushiro,

Look old chap, I feel your pain. I have had similar experiences trying to get things to work, it is frustrating when they don't. Partly that is why I got into modding, once you dig into the .ini files and ask a few questions, try a few things out, it all starts to make sense, plus I have to say the support around here is superb. OK, it may take us a day or two to reply, but remember we do this as a hobby, for fun. Maybe take a deep breath, come back in a day or two.

To answer the points you make above:-

1. If avsim won't d/l for you, we can't fix that from this end. I am trying to come up with a creative workaround which WILL NOT intrude upon the wishes of the creator of the original terrain, which deserve our respect.

2. OK, you don't have WoV. In my earlier PM I made a suggestion which asked that question. If you don't, NP, we will try something else. Let me think.

3. If you feel you are begging without getting remedies, I'm sorry, it just takes a little time. This is not a professional helpdesk.

I am interested in your family history, sounds great.

I also like the sound of your campaign.

Keep up the good work.

If you have tried everything I have suggested, let me know, and I will try to come up with something else.

There are 200+ d/ls of this campaign, and I am not hearing about your level of problem from others, so I think we can get it sorted.

Olive branch. . . :good:

Hi koushiro,

As The Wrench has been good enough to upload Edward's original Philipines terrain here at CA, you should be able to get up & running now.

If you still have trouble with it, let us know the problem & we'll try to help.

most of the time i click to something in my household but this time

my honey found it before me.

what after i wrote my last reply on the other forum my wife came up and tapped me on

my shoulder and made it work.

I apologize for being a headache here i feel very stupid that i didn't post a pict of the problem earlier.

New terrain WIP:-

post-16914-1218850539_thumb.jpg

100% Full scale new Philippines terrain. With Formosa, so I can start all the IJNAF/IJAAF units where they ought to be.

It won't be up to Edward's standards, it won't require anything other than stock terrain tiles (although it will be built with Brain32 & CA_Stary's work in mind), and it may take a little while, but bear with me.

And because I choose to follow in the good example of all those who (i) work damn hard running this place; (ii) produce fine mods for all of us to enjoy; and (iii) provide help, advice and assistance.

Kay, got all that off my chest :rolleyes:

Normal service, with altercations, will be resumed :wink:

@ stiglr - old boy, keep your chat coming, I enjoy you challenging our pre (mis?) conceptions :good:

@ Edward - should you drop by in all this storm in a teacup, I trust you will quickly observe that the above WIP is a completely new .HFD and all the rest. I would not presume to offend, if you get my drift :no: But may I respectfully point out that there are many dedicated WW2 propheads round here who would really welcome your return to the fold - as I have said elsewhere.

@ Wrench, The - you the man, Sir :biggrin: and I'm not joking. I may need some help with target placement on the above WIP - I will take it as far as I can, then upload here, under the usual "fair use" terms. If you can find the time & inclination to work your target magic on it, that would be greatly appreciated :yes: :good:

Cheerio for now lads and lassies, looks like I have work to do :yes: :wink:

Toodle-pip,

Baltika

Edited by Baltika to remove intemperate comments, sorry koushiro

Edited by Baltika

Hi koushiro,

I just read your previous post, and your gracious apology. I'm glad you and your wife got it all working and I hope you will post feedback on how the campaign plays out for you. I post my campaigns as WIPs because I generally don't have time to playtest them thoroughly, but I am always open to suggestions on how to improve things.

As for being a headache - I know how it feels when you can't get campaigns to work, I've had that myself now and then. And no question is a stupid one, so no worries there.

Cheers mate,

Baltika

Ok a new problem

i played one campaign mission but noticed all the aircraft just stood there in the air.

were not sure about whats causing this?

but i hope we can find a fix.

like i said i do apologize.

also have Wrench made it loadable on the download page of CA

but do i rename the inis to to philippines1941?

also my grandfather was a Zero pilot.

but fished out of the sea by a USN Crusier in 1943

So this campaign is an interesting view for me.

Hi there,

Aircraft standing in the air is because the north end of Luzon is near the 50km "wall" at the edge of the map. I have used a trick placing Formosa airbases (for IJAAF/IJNAF units) off the edge of the map, and I have had some reports that some flights get stuck "behind" the wall. As the campaign progresses, the IJA units will occupy airbases on the Philippines and this problem should become less noticeable.

V1.1 of the campaign d/l includes a /terrain/Philippines1941 folder which has all the required .ini files inside it, so you shouldn't need to rename anything to get it to work, just copy the terrain tiles and the various object .lod & .bmp fils over from Edward's original. Don't copy the planning map files over as I have included new ones for the 1941 map.

As you will see from the previous post I am working on a new 100% scale PI terrain which I will transfer the campaign over to eventually, that should solve the above problems.

Interesting to hear about your family history -

My grandfather was a British Navy officer whose ship was torpedoed and sunk in the South Pacific, although he made it home in one piece eventually. Sadly I was too young to ask him about it when he was still alive, although I have an interest to research the incident nowadays. Family mythology has it that he was strafed in the water and took a couple of bullets in the leg, then had to fend off the sharks for a while before being rescued :blink:

Anyway, your comments on the campaign are most welcome.

Hopefully with Formosa airbases I can make more of the IJAAF/IJNAF types flyable from the outset.

Cheers for now,

Baltika

also playing i'm missing airbases american ones on the map

when i fly over them for runway attack missions they aren't there.

did i miss something?

Hi koushiro,

I think the problme here is that the Philippines1941_targets.ini file is calling out desert_airfieldx.ini as the airfield datafile, and that it is looking in your GermanyCE.CAT file for runway textures which aren't there.

Try d/ling and installing Polak's SFP1/WoV runway upgrade texturepack to your Philippines1941 terrain folder. Right here:-

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=1860

If that doesn't work, let me know.

Cheers,

Baltika

Edited by Baltika

i've already tried it but no joy.

see i use those tilesets on other campaigns.

any other runways.

i also can't get the infantry to show up

just the filipino army those.

i've already tried it but no joy.

see i use those tilesets on other campaigns.

any other runways.

ok another question its about the Japanese

forces

when i'm at the mission screen i go to the screen with my

fellow pilots.

But i can't add anymore.

say like i'm 1-1 as a pilot

the other pilot shows up as 2-1

or something and if i take it off i can't put anymore pilots on.

please is there a way past that.

do you have the WW2 Nations.ini installed??

When you see an number listed, instead of a name (Showtime, Badger, Wanker), it means it's looking for a nationality and can't find it. So it assigns some generic number.

Wrench

kevin stein

I'm sorry sir i'm looking at the nation Name=Japanese Empire

DisplayName=Imperial Japanese Air Force but i don't know what you mean.

i'm a little lost.

do you have the WW2 Nations.ini installed??

When you see an number listed, instead of a name (Showtime, Badger, Wanker), it means it's looking for a nationality and can't find it. So it assigns some generic number.

Wrench

kevin stein