Sign in to follow this  

How can I change the values of a weapon?

I tried to edit the weaponsdata.ini but it not works, I suposse that I need to use the old weaponeditor but every time I try to open a weaponsdata.ini it CTD so I can't convert my AIM-9G into a exportable weapon

what game ?

editor version ?

WOI needs the latest weapon editor , all other jet games version 08.30.06 the old editor

check if you have the correct compatibility mode set (win98/ME)

SF game, patched to 08.30.06, compatibility mod set. Don't know why but every time I push the button open it CTD

I use two ways how change values in Weapondata.ini

As totally first: I suppose you have Jul2006 weps pack installed and you have set Weaponeditor compatibility for Win95/98 in its properties. What I mean with compatibility --- see this link: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=12210

As totally second: copy Weapondata.ini and Weapondata.dat into safe place as backup. If you will make some wrong steps in edit, you can use backupped files.

Than:

First way...

- open Weponadata.ini (with Notepad for example) and search for needed weapon, which you want edit

- when you find it, edit values you need

- close Weapondata.ini and let save changes

- open Weapondata.ini with weaponeditor and hit button "SAVE"

- close Weaponeditor

Second way:

- open Weapondata.ini with Weaponeditor

- find weapon which you want edit and make needed edit

- hit "SAVE" button

- close Weaponeditor

Second way is better for editing existing weapons. First way is good for adding new weapons from new add on packs.

That is all.

Edited by kukulino

That's the problem! If I hit OPEN button in Weapons editor it CTD, and yes compatibility mod is set. I uploaded my file here

http://rapidshare.com/files/132913922/WEAPONDATA.rar.html

Can someone save it correctly and resend please?

I get my weapons editor from here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...mp;showfile=708

MAybe is not the correct one??

Edited by Stratos

It is not correct version. It is old version.

You need Weaponeditor which comes with Jul2006 weapons pack I think. I checked your Weapondata.ini and it looks like you have it from Jul2006 Weps pack (your 2049th weapon in order is LAU-131/A (IR Flare) Rocket Pod ----- the same like in Jul2006 Weapondata.ini, plus you have added two Trident missiles).

Donno if Jul2006 weaponeditor was uploaded separately.

Or unpack Weps pack Jul2006 into new folder and use its weaponeditor and guneditor.

Maybe it will be better reinstall Jul2006 weps pack. I do not know what happend with your Jul2006 Weaponeditor (if I am correct and you have Jul2006 weps pack installed).

PS: check your PM :yes:

Reinstalled July pack ( Yes I have it installed ) and tried with the new editor, same problem. Don't know where can be the problem is strange...

P.S. Thank's for the PM

No problem :yes:

I haven't got this problem in my installs, mmm. Your other Weapons editors works right in different SFP1/WOE etc. installs?

One thing helped me sometimes in SFP1 world... Restart computer... :biggrin: This fixed some my troubles when I had some WOE function problems :biggrin:

Edited by kukulino

Is not working at all, as I said when I push the "open" button of the ditor it CTD

what OS ?

and from which place (HDD) do you try to run the editor ?

try following:

set the editor to compat. mode

use winzip to pack the editor.exe

then run the exe from within the zip file

( little trick I learned from 'starfighter2' )

Hey it works!! Thank's a lot mate!!

ok, np

if the editor is run from within the zip, the program is unpacked to a temp directory (usually something like C:\Windows\temp )

in that place the editor "finds" all the needed .dll's to work

I guess that you use Win ME or anothe rolder OS...

that means you should be able to run the editor normal ( no zip) from a place like C:\Windows\Program Files or just C:\any directory

I'm using XP Pro 2 service pack. Anyway ZIP metohd is working

Thank you Crusader for important notes too :yes:

That IS super weird.

Me, I took a slight different route: I created a WeaponsEditor sub-folder in each of my game installs, and just run it from there. Out of laziness. That way, I stay within each seperate install of the game, and only have to poin to one weaponsdata ini. With 20 odd installs....saves a little time.

Wrench

kevin stein

had a similar problem after an XP service pack upgrade.

After discussing with TK, I ended up putting the two weapons editors into a director in my Program Files and going to them via the cmd line. Essentially, I open them with a dos command. Then they work fine.

Haven't tried the zip file technique. That sounds interesting too.

Perhaps one of these days the editors will be updated to work with XP and Vista......

in about two weeks.......

Hmmmm... I'm trying this Winzip method and I'm having exactly the same problem... Not happy Jan! Especially since adding the Mirage 2000-5 has somehow wiped all my weapons from WoE. I think I'm gonna have to hit this from another angle...

How can I change the values of a weapon?

I tried to edit the weaponsdata.ini but it not works, I suposse that I need to use the old weaponeditor but every time I try to open a weaponsdata.ini it CTD so I can't convert my AIM-9G into a exportable weapon

Dear Stratos,

I had the same problem but I was able to solve it....

By any chance do you have Microsoft Office 2007 installed on your system? The Office Groove feature conflicts with the WOI weapons editor...

Uninstall OfficeGroove & all will be well...

For further help please have a look at this thread..

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=29718

Good Luck!