Sign in to follow this  
RCAV8R

Simple Mission - Need Recommendations

Hey. I am old time simmer from back in 98 and decided to get up and going again. I actually stopped flying about 2 years ago and now want to get back to it. Through the years I flew everything from ATF up through F4 and so definately have been around the block a few times, and made friends with the alley cat, lol. However, I am not wanting anything advanced, super duper, or all that jazz now days. Mainly, I am an F-14 lover, have always been and always wanting a sim that would produce it's experience for me. Low and behold, I came across Aeyes site the other day and he has masterd my dream, a making of the ol gal Tomcat's cockpit for F4 :) This is exactly what I was hoping for and can't wait to get her fired up. I really want to just fly it and fight in it a little, but mainly enjoy and learn it's functions. So, with that background info, here is my question or two...

1. To fly Aeyes cockpit, do I run the original F4 or can I use AF with it's current patch??

2. Which current mod would be better suited for the cockpit, RV, OF, or AF??

3. Finally, I know the download locations are always secret and crap, so, is there one single file I can download to get RV, or OF and if so, what would be it's size please? I can do the leg work ;)

Thanks for listening and hope you can help out an ol simmer!

Hey. I am old time simmer from back in 98 and decided to get up and going again. I actually stopped flying about 2 years ago and now want to get back to it. Through the years I flew everything from ATF up through F4 and so definately have been around the block a few times, and made friends with the alley cat, lol. However, I am not wanting anything advanced, super duper, or all that jazz now days. Mainly, I am an F-14 lover, have always been and always wanting a sim that would produce it's experience for me. Low and behold, I came across Aeyes site the other day and he has masterd my dream, a making of the ol gal Tomcat's cockpit for F4 :) This is exactly what I was hoping for and can't wait to get her fired up. I really want to just fly it and fight in it a little, but mainly enjoy and learn it's functions. So, with that background info, here is my question or two...

1. To fly Aeyes cockpit, do I run the original F4 or can I use AF with it's current patch??

3. Finally, I know the download locations are always secret and crap, so, is there one single file I can download to get RV, or OF and if so, what would be it's size please? I can do the leg work ;)

I don't know much about F4 but the thirdwire Wings over Vietnam has carrier ops and you can download many different types of the old cat for it from this site.

Everything you'll need is at www.freefalcon.com It can be hard to find but it's there. Look through the stickies in the Ara Support Forum.

The cockpit is not for AF but will work with RV

RV will work over AF - but was designed to work over the original F4 - so if you hav the original still use that

Oveure was over Unger, and Unger was under Dunne

Hey, thanks for the quick and helpful replys gentleman. That link helped greatly and had more info on the site than expected! Look forward to using the forum with ya'll. Happy Flying :)