Anyone knows about the Rafale's (the one on Dev-A site) airbrakes and lights? I'm trying to put those in mine.

the rafale don't have airbrakes.

in fly he use flapperons in reverse mode as airbrake, on ground he use the canard.

:rolleyes:

I found this site:

http://www.faqs.org/docs/air/avrafa.html

that said:

"There is an airbrake on either side of the fuselage, just forward of the tail "

I thought it was the prototype, because Dassault's site claims that the Rafale doesn't have ordinary airbrakes.

So, which way the flaperons and canards go in the brake mode? Up or down? And how much DragFactor has to be?

Actually that Rafale B are using a paint job of the prototype.

I found this site:

http://www.faqs.org/docs/air/avrafa.html

that said:

"There is an airbrake on either side of the fuselage, just forward of the tail "

I thought it was the prototype, because Dassault's site claims that the Rafale doesn't have ordinary airbrakes.

So, which way the flaperons and canards go in the brake mode? Up or down? And how much DragFactor has to be?

The canards trailing edges go up, the outboard flaperons go up and the inboard flaperons go down for braking the aircraft. There were indeed never airbrakes on any Rafale. The ones you could see on the Rafale C01 prototype were just a paintjob to confuse observers.

the Rafale A have air brakes... but when the productions plane have been designed they found a solution to avoid airbrakes (less mass )

the rafale C,B,M use aerodynamic airbrakes (like explain upper)

the Rafale A, is bigger than other (the size have been reduce to avoid swing wing on CV).

:wink:

edit : forgot some letters

Edited by bpao

the Rafale A have air brakes... but when the productions plane have been designed the found a solution to avoid airbrakes (less mass )

the rafale C,B,M use aerodynamic airbrakes (like explain upper)

the Rafale A, is bigger than other (the size have been reduce to avoid swing wing on CV.

:wink:

That'sof course true. I didn't considered the Rafale A as it was more some kind of technology demonstrator.

Thanks guys! :ok:

Oh yes, is there any Rafale pit WIP? (just asking)

Success in adding those lights. Airbrakes are rudimentary using .ini edits. Need a quick confirmation: is there any taillight on the Rafale? If yes, is it positioned atop the tail fairing? I haven't found references about the taillight...

Edited by New Guy

I think that Capun's team Rafale is just a BETA, am I right?

IT`s a BETA, the 3Dmodell isn`t finished! and some other things too, Maybe Mirage Factory plans something about a Rafale! There where some nice modells of some interesting planes around. My idea is, they all wait for the new patch cause the difference between WOE and WOI is huge .. u see it in the prop planes behaviour, and some other stuff. TK has to reorganize it

Success in adding those lights. Airbrakes are rudimentary using .ini edits. Need a quick confirmation: is there any taillight on the Rafale? If yes, is it positioned atop the tail fairing? I haven't found references about the taillight...

International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) dictates the use of a white light on the top of the tail of an aircraft, green light on right wingtip, red light on the left wingtip, red rotating beacon on the fuselage top and bottom. May be some more, but that is what I remember. All aircraft conform to this lighting scheme, military or civilian. Love to have your .ini addons for lighting or other.

Edited by Jug

Still need to add the taillight first, and the flaperon airbrake that I've forgotten. I'll upload it when it's done.

... Maybe Mirage Factory plans something about a Rafale! .....

Negative.

It's zipped and ready to go.

I'm putting it here because I don't know how to upload it...

Edited by New Guy

I've managed to upload it in the downloads section, this one here will be removed shortly.