Sign in to follow this  
navychief

Carrier Ops....just Imagine!

I was just thinking how great it would be, if and when Carrier OPs become a reality.

Just imagine it, the entire aft end of the flight deck, covered with aircraft, turning and burnin' getting ready to launch.

One by one, they taxi to the cats. The JBDs go up, the jets go to AB, and launch from the bow and waist cats. Awesome!

And then there's the recovery. F-4s in the pattern, with their telltale smoke trails; in the "groove", coming in for a trap. A-7s, F-8s, RA-5Cs......all the powerful, yet beautiful USN/USMC warbirds from the Vietnam era, coming back to the deck.

Perhaps this will never become a reality, but I sure can think about it. Carrier-based missions would be such a thrill, don't you agree?

Carry on, shipmates! Have a Great Navy/Marine Corps Day!

Navychief

Guest MrMudd

Navy Chief i believe DI's SuperHornet had some immersion to this level. I have not used the sim. But from what i recall was there was deck handlers.

Janes F18E was a great sim for carrier operations, But the taxing was automated after recovery, to the Disarm Station then to parking the aircraft, raising the wing ends and shutting down the jet.

In Multiplayer, once you have trap'ed their was an automation sequence that taxied and hooked up to the CATapult, thne you relaunched. It was a ton of fun!

I will be reloading this sim on my PC, now that i have a bigger hard drive installed. It was by far one of the funnest Combat Fighter multiplayer sims ive played online.

Navy Chief i believe DI's SuperHornet had some immersion to this level. I have not used the sim. But from what i recall was there was deck handlers.

I have this game and it SUCKS !!

The realism is there, but it is sooo technical that you have 75 keystrokes before you even take off. And not to mention the CTD all the time. Graphics are good, really good, but the manual for the game is 247 pages long. By the time your done reading it your head hurts so bad you don't even wanna play it :)

SF carrier ops would be awesome!!! But I think interest is falling off a little bit. Beer did an amazing job with the carrier... too bad he cant get trapping and launching to work... I would imagine it to be a total pain in the ass to make this a reality.

I'm just praying for ED to add some kind of non Kommi carrier ops to LOMAC.

F-14 would be choice, but I guess I could live with the bug.

The more I think about it, the more I want carrier ops in P1.

The question of the trapping and launching is near impossible to answer without knowing a good deal of C++ and having access to the source code.

TK knows we want carrierops but I dont believe he wants to rush into a "quick and dirty" implementation. Just my opinion.

Fingers crossed!

Cheers

I see the whole thing like a used rusty muscle car some high-schooler bought. remember them days?

Anyway...you want to polish this and paint that. You spend your weekends working hard on your new ride to spiffy it up to attract the girlz, and your doin the best ya can on the money you make baggin groceries at the local market.

Eventually you gradute, buy a real car, and shove the other in the garage...but you always find time to work on it some more. You had a dream.

Eventually you've saved up enough time and money to install the crown jewel that will make you car complete. That the new Chevy 350 engine with the 4 bolt main, headers, Crane cam, Edelbrock intake and the 750 Holly double pumper. Now your machine is done.

Now lets imagine numerous modders and their time and effort to make your car perfect faster.

Some day we may see Carrier Landings...and with the combined effort of the community...maybe it will happen sooner the later.

Fates

Hey, I look at it this way. Think of computer games from ten years ago. Would you have imagined that they would have evolved to the state they are presently in? The graphics are so intense, and the realism is amazing!!!!

No matter how long it takes, I am confident that my idea of Carrier OPs will become a reality for SFP1. This is a GREAT SIM!!!

Thank you modders.......thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Navychief

Yes I remember "Pong" too :D

It does seem that games are on a sick nosebleed of a climb into realism.... makes you wonder.... what's next.

Carrier Ops..... ooooh I get chills :blink: