Sign in to follow this  
Mike Dora

Bristol Fighter Overwing Lewis

Does anyone know how to remove the overwing Lewis gun from the Skunkworks' very fine Bristol Fighter? While it is "nice to have", these additional weapons were extremely uncommon in normal squadron service.

Do I just have to delete the block headed "[LewisGun]" from the *data.ini file, or is there something else I need to do to remove the Lewis gun model from the ac's image?

Mike

sorry didn't see this

its fairly easy to remove any mesh and its children

the key is to turn the mesh into a weapon pylon

Pylon meshes ingame are not shown if they

1. Are unloaded

2. Have a named mesh in the ini file

so delete any old entry's in the XXX_data.ini for the mesh you want to remove (weapon entries for example)

and add a new one to the XXX_data.ini creating a WEAPON_STATION (I usually use a fuel tank station so it cant be loaded with other stuff)

you need to know the name of the mesh you want to remove, this maybe already evident in the ini file or you may need to look at the LODs *.out file (if it exists) or use a hex editor on the Lod file to guess the mesh name

[Mydummyweaponstation]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=1//////////////////////////note these are sequential with any other StationID’s in the ini

StationGroupID=1/////////////////////note these are sequential with any other StaionGroups in the ini

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=0.00,0.00,0.00

AttachmentAngles=0.00,0.00,0.00

LoadLimit=1

AllowedWeaponClass=FT /////////////////////FT = fuel tank

AttachmentType=NATO,WP

NumWeapons=1

ModelNodeName=Amesh////////////////////////name of the original mesh you want to remove

PylonMass=0.0001

PylonDragArea=0

FuelTankName=

you also need to put a SystemName[0XX]=Mydummyweaponstation in the appropriate data block, [Fuselage] for example

have a look at the SPAD XII if you have it, the nose bumps are removed from the stock SPAD VII in this way

hope that helps

Thanks for the expert instructions P10ppy , thats neat :good: .

Much better I think.....wanted to do this for a while :biggrin:

post-7058-1220102779_thumb.jpg

Many thanks P10ppy

Worked first time, now the Brisfit _looks_ like a Brisfit should!

You know, I started off very sceptical about this sim, seemed like WW1-lite in its initial incarnation, but with all the mods and customisation, I'm now well and truly hooked. Now if only someone could do a DH4, DH9, Hannoverana and maybe a Halberstadt CLII.. ??

Mike

Good one, guys! Removing little used or incorrectly mounted guns (ie. the Lewis' on the Brisfit and Dolphin) actually adds to the "authenticity" of the sim. :good:

Fantastic instructions, p10ppy. Worked like a charm. Thanks.

Many thanks P10ppy

Worked first time, now the Brisfit _looks_ like a Brisfit should!

You know, I started off very sceptical about this sim, seemed like WW1-lite in its initial incarnation, but with all the mods and customisation, I'm now well and truly hooked. Now if only someone could do a DH4, DH9, Hannoverana and maybe a Halberstadt CLII.. ??

Mike

I too am hooked.Also I am in agreement that the game really needs more two seaters.

hello

i'm very intrest by this but i don't exactly understand all

can you drop your model of data so i (we) can see please

thank you

Dolphin with 2 Guns christian.

The ModelNodeName= xxxxx in added [MydummyweaponstationX] Weapon Stations section relates to various components in the Dolphin-R1.out file, a text file.

Dolphin_DATA.zip