Sign in to follow this  
Reddevil0911

Help finding new boots

Guys i need some help! I a police officer in St. Louis Mo and i need it get a new pair of boots for the winter, but i'm a cheap ba$#ard and i hate to pay full price for anything! Any you guys or girls know of any wedsite with good deals on boots?

Any help would be great, thanks!

Reddevil.

The only boots I buy are Danners. My father and I swear by them (my dad works for the City, I have a pair when I go work at my Ranch and also a pair for ROTC). Although they are quite expensive, but worth their weight in gold.

Danners are the best boots you can buy, i just bring my self to pay that much for boots, i stay cheap for one reason only. If someone i putting in cuffs is covered in blood and it gets all over me which it has guess whats not going home with me to the wife and kids. Thats why i need the cheap boots!

Well, you can go to your corner market shoe place, like Payless Shoes, and they'll sell replica name brand boots for a pretty cheap price. Also, for blood on boots ('cause my civi job is a mall cop, and my air force job is a M.P. and I've dealt with some pretty nasty stuff in both jobs) rub alcohol and hydrogen peroxide on them. Even spray it down with Lysol. A friend of mine told me that you can actually lite the alcohol on it, and it will burn away everything (including the diseases) but the boot (you might have to buy some new shoe string though. Once the alcohol burns away, so does the fire. But I wouldn't risk that with my boots. I actually saw this done once in highschool when my biology teacher soaked a $50 bill in alcohol and lit it on fire. The $50 bill didn't have a single burn mark on it.

Dude, your feet are the foundation of your body...dont screw with it...certain things in life one does not skimp on:

Toilet paper

Peanut Butter

Condoms

Foot wear (not saying you need $600 Nike Poombahs)

Cheaping on any of the above will lead to more expensive consequences later in life...

http://www.uscavalry.com/

decent prices, excellent shipping, its where I get my Corcoran® Jump Boots

Mil Spec with full-welt construction, steel shanks, capped toes, double rubber outsoles, and easy-walking heels.

Item# 17320

Price: $119.99

Edited by gwar

If you have exchange privileges try the Bates tropical steel toe boot on the Army Uniform shop. I paid $100, no tax and no shipping. They're light weight and give support and with the steel toe you can kick the crap out of anyone deserving all day. I just ordered my fourth pair last week.

ever since i had the chance to get my own boots in the military, i have always been impressed with the comfort and ability of Magnum boots. they offer every type you can think of, and most are super lightweight, and are comfortable like sneekers. my last pair was a pair or 8" side zipper Vipers without the steel toe. they are very comfortable and have lasted me now doing security and public safety jobs for 4 years and dont even look worn. ive never had any luck with Bates since those were the ones i got issued alot in the Air Force.

im not entirely sure where i bought the last set of Magnums from but they came out to $64 instead of like $119 that Galls wanted for them.

im pretty confident it was http://www.bargainoutfitters.com tho.

Bellville, Bates, and Magnum are all very good (Magnum may be the best, but pricey). Personally all I wear are Converse Tactical boots. Comfortable like tennis shoes, but pretty durable boots. Non steel toe run around $80-90, composite safety toe run around $90-100. Zipper sides make it easy on and off rather than lacing/unlacing to put them on or off, and they are the first boot I've ever worn where I didn't have to remove them to get through a metal detector at an airport! Leaving Balad, Iraq I was the only person NOT stopped and wanded by Navy customs through the metal detector!

http://www.copshoes.com/c-converse-boots-shoes-tactical.html

I wore the desert tacticals in Iraq, and wear the black tacticals currently with my BDUs. They even have a sage green version now for the USAF ABU uniform.

EBAY! Type in different search words like law enforcement footwear, military, boots. I got boots that go for $200 brand new for $25 plus shipping which were barely worn. Good deal. Check it out.