Sign in to follow this  
gbnavy61

Fuel Tank Woes (not WOEs)

Ok. After a bit of fudging around, I manually added the RF-4C fuel tanks to WOI. I wanted some tanks that didn't have the SEA camo green on top to go with my all-grey Navy Phantoms (specifically, the F-4S Late).

I copy an pasted the original F-4 370 gal tanks entry into the weaponsdata.ini and edited several lines to call the correct fuel tanks for the RF-4C. I went back into the aircraft data.ini for the F-4 and referenced the new tanks for the wing stations. Loaded up the weapon editor and made sure they were there, saved it, etc.

Now, I've got the tanks working, but for some reason, my Phantom doesn't want to find any AIM-7F/Ms to load.

I'm using the TMF May Weps pack for WOI. I didn't change anything else in the F-4 data.ini - all the Sparrow stations still look like they did before (still semi-recessed calling for SAHMs). Also, I didn't change anything in the weaponsdata.ini for the Sparrows.

If I have the aircraft hardpoints set to load the correct type of missile and the missiles available and set for the corresponding years, shouldn't they be showing up?

Obviously, the short solution is to go and undo what I did, but that again leaves me grey fuel tank-less.

What all is required for an aircraft in game to be able to load a weapon/fuel tank? I know this is a long and involved question, but I'd appreciate if someone could give a detailed answer.

mmm, that is weird. Poast your weapon station DATA.ini stuff.

"edited several lines" sounds innocent enough, but who knows? They all say that. :biggrin:

I don't have the WoI so maybe its a weird thing I've never come across.

only a ground mapping radar on RF-4's, thus no sparrows

Thusly why you can't load them.

No, fellas, I put the RF-4 tanks on the F-4S.

Here's the original 370 gal tank entry which I copied:

[WeaponData075]

TypeName=Tank370_F4

FullName=370-gal Drop Tank

ModelName=tank370_f4

Mass=1230.619995

Diameter=0.621000

Length=6.168000

SubsonicDragCoeff=0.075000

SupersonicDragCoeff=0.334000

AttachmentType=

SpecificStationCode=

NationName=

StartYear=0

EndYear=0

Availability=0

BaseQuantity=0

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportEndYear=0

ExportAvailability=0

WeaponDataType=5

MaxFuelAmount=1090.910034

Asymmetrical=FALSE

Now the edited entry for the RF-4 tanks:

[WeaponData186]

TypeName=Tank_RF-4_370 <----changed

ModelName=Tank_RF-4_370 <----changed

Mass=1230.619995

Diameter=0.621000

Length=6.168000

SubsonicDragCoeff=0.075000

SupersonicDragCoeff=0.334000

AttachmentType=

SpecificStationCode=

NationName=

StartYear=0

EndYear=0

Availability=0

BaseQuantity=0

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportEndYear=0

ExportAvailability=0

WeaponDataType=5

Asymmetrical=FALSE

F-4S data.ini edits (right side same edit):

[LeftOuterWingStationFT]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=14

StationGroupID=1

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-3.47,0.37,-1.10

AttachmentAngles=0.0,-2.0,0.0

LoadLimit=1400

AllowedWeaponClass=FT

AttachmentType=NATO,USN

ModelNodeName=wing_pylon_outer_left

PylonMass=41.73

PylonDragArea=0.02

LaunchRailNodeName=

MinExtentPosition=

MaxExtentPosition=

FuelTankName=Tank_RF-4_370 <----changed

Does the mission and default loadout affect what weapons appear? To my knowledge, that should only affect the starting loadout when you call up a specific single mission - meaning, you can change the loadout to use other weapons provided that they fit the weight, dimensions, pylon and year of service criteria.

Edited by gbnavy61

Ok. After a bit of fudging around, I manually added the RF-4C fuel tanks to WOI. I wanted some tanks that didn't have the SEA camo green on top to go with my all-grey Navy Phantoms (specifically, the F-4S Late).

I copy an pasted the original F-4 370 gal tanks entry into the weaponsdata.ini and edited several lines to call the correct fuel tanks for the RF-4C. I went back into the aircraft data.ini for the F-4 and referenced the new tanks for the wing stations. Loaded up the weapon editor and made sure they were there, saved it, etc.

Now, I've got the tanks working, but for some reason, my Phantom doesn't want to find any AIM-7F/Ms to load.

I'm using the TMF May Weps pack for WOI. I didn't change anything else in the F-4 data.ini - all the Sparrow stations still look like they did before (still semi-recessed calling for SAHMs). Also, I didn't change anything in the weaponsdata.ini for the Sparrows.

If I have the aircraft hardpoints set to load the correct type of missile and the missiles available and set for the corresponding years, shouldn't they be showing up?

Obviously, the short solution is to go and undo what I did, but that again leaves me grey fuel tank-less.

What all is required for an aircraft in game to be able to load a weapon/fuel tank? I know this is a long and involved question, but I'd appreciate if someone could give a detailed answer.

Sorry if this comes across as a stupid question but which phantom are you trying to load the sparows on? It sounded to me like you just wanted the tactical grey tanks for the F-4S and somthing in the tank data messed up your ability to load sparows on the S....or are you trying to add sparrows to the RF-4C. The RF-4C version never used sparrows, but it did carry sidewinders in the gulf war...as a bluff.

It sounded to me like you just wanted the tactical grey tanks for the F-4S and somthing in the tank data messed up your ability to load sparows on the S....

That's it exactly.

ah..cc...

check the missile weight and staition max weight value

the later F and M sparrows are heavier

also check lenght limits of the stations.... just to be sure

ah..cc...

check the missile weight and staition max weight value

the later F and M sparrows are heavier

also check lenght limits of the stations.... just to be sure

Yeah...that did it. They were too heavy for the stations. I swear I was using those Sparrows before. Must have imagined it. D'oh!

Thanks, all.

Edited by gbnavy61

Also, make sure the loadout ini and expecially the data ini's tank pointer are directed to the proper tank name

example:

[RightOuterWingStationWet]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=15

StationGroupID=1

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=3.47,0.37,-1.10

AttachmentAngles=0.0,-2.0,0.0

LoadLimit=1400

AllowedWeaponClass=FT

AttachmentType=NATO,USN

ModelNodeName=wing_pylon_outer_right

PylonMass=41.73

PylonDragArea=0.02

LaunchRailNodeName=

MinExtentPosition=

MaxExtentPosition=

FuelTankName=Tank370_F4 <-- this line; which probably already exists

that above is from the stock 3rd Wire F-4J, which has gray tanks. They're stock objects in SF/WoV/WoE; and there should be a butt-load of Rhino gray tanks in the bunyap pak, easily imported over, or extraced from the stock object.cat.

You may have to create a 'new' weapon for the gray tanks, but that's the work of only a few seconds; adjusting the loadout and dat inis accordingly.

Also might need a little tweekage via renaming the tank's skin bmp, hex editing of the lod to match the new name. Again, about 5 minutes work.

Wrench

kevin stein

EDIT: ok, after reading the 1st post, if you're adding the OLD tanks, you'll probably have overwritten the original entires for WoI, which are the camo tanks. You WILL need to tweek the stock gray tanks, in essence creating a new weapon, and editing the lod as mentioned above.

extract the stock 370 gallon tank's lod, bmp and ini...

Here's the parts list:

TANK370_F4.INI

F-4_DTANK370.BMP

TANK370_F4.LOD

TANK370_F4_LOD002.LOD

rename lod to "tank370F4S.LOD" (not the elimination of the _ underline bit) Do this for BOTh tank lods

open the ini, and change the internal names (all the instances where it calls for ***.LOD) to match the new name.

rename the ini to 'TANK370F4S.INI'...everything MUST match.

rename the skin bitmap to match.

ie: F-4SDTANK370.BMP

open the lods (one at at time) in a hex editor -there's plenty free only availabe, and search for 'bmp'. This will find you the callout for the skin bmp. Then CAREFULLY type over the existing name. Save and close.

for the new weapons data entry; it would be just like this, where *** is the next number in sequence

[WeaponData***]

TypeName=Tank370F4S

ModelName=tank370f4s

Mass=1230.619995

Diameter=0.620000

Length=6.160000

AttachmentType=

NationName=

StartYear=0

EndYear=0

Availability=0

BaseQuantity=0

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportEndYear=0

ExportAvailability=0

WeaponDataType=5

Asymmetrical=FALSE

You'll need to change the pointers in the data and loadout inis to match the TypeName=.

If you can't figure it out, let me know...it's all done and ready to go

Wrench

kevin stein

In fact, here's a little zip with all the bits ... it takes far less time to actually do it, than it does to explain it..

Let's see if I can get the 'attach a file' function to work....

Instructions included

Wrench

kevin stein

Tanks, Wrench. :biggrin:

Edited by gbnavy61