Sign in to follow this  
Jrz

My KLu adventure

Yeah, the dutchies who are flying it right now also say that it is an awesome plane to fly, lot more fun than the PC-7 we flew... Tomorrow I'll have my first sim lesson (just a cockpit familiarization), but hopefully I'll have my dollar ride in about 2 to 3 weeks!

Still alive, after the first 1,5 month of academics we finally started with our simulator sessions. Hopefully we have our dollar rides next week!

And when we're not busy studying, there are a lot of other activities... Our current project hehe:

buske_eind_feb_09601.jpg

To be continued... :wink:

Good luck on the project, and the academics!

Finally started flying again! The T-6 is a pretty nice kite to fly, except that it has a "trim aid device", which is supposed to trim off all rudder forces so that the plane flies more like a jet... Unfortunately, most of the times, especially when you are used to flying props and to counter the torque effect, you are faster then the TAD, so when you have the plane trimmed, the TAD kicks in and screws it up again. So I have to learn to work with the TAD... But beside the TAD, it is a real nice plane to fly!

cockpit717.jpg

And the bus:

bus_15_mei_2283.jpg

Glad to hear you are back in the air!

Finally started flying again! The T-6 is a pretty nice kite to fly, except that it has a "trim aid device", which is supposed to trim off all rudder forces so that the plane flies more like a jet... Unfortunately, most of the times, especially when you are used to flying props and to counter the torque effect, you are faster then the TAD, so when you have the plane trimmed, the TAD kicks in and screws it up again. So I have to learn to work with the TAD... But beside the TAD, it is a real nice plane to fly!

cockpit717.jpg

And the bus:

bus_15_mei_2283.jpg

Please put om wings so we can have it flying at the next Open Dagen.........

Veel succes en studeer ze !!!!!! :wink:

Derk :yes:

Please put om wings so we can have it flying at the next Open Dagen.........

Veel succes en studeer ze !!!!!! :wink:

Haha, i saw the KLu already took our ideas for the new demo jet, since we were planning to paint a "dutch lion" on the side... :(

020409117.jpg

Btw, have you seen the show on Ned 3: "top gun holland"? They followed me while we were on the EMVO.

The first episode aired on the 19th of january. You can find all the links to uitzendinggemist on the TGH site: http://topgunholland.kro.nl/

Haha, i saw the KLu already took our ideas for the new demo jet, since we were planning to paint a "dutch lion" on the side... :(

020409117.jpg

Btw, have you seen the show on Ned 3: "top gun holland"? They followed me while we were on the EMVO.

Looking forward to seeing both the bus, including lion, AND the jet in a synchronised show at the next Open Days at Volkel

I volunteer to drive the bus.

PS: great paintjob on the F16 too, it was in all the papers today, anything for a skin??? Goes great with the new smokewinders in the game..

Hou doe,

Derk :wink:

Edited by Derk

And for the record: that beer at Woensdrecht must have gone down EXTREMELY well :smile:

Hou doe,

Derk

And for the record: that beer at Woensdrecht must have gone down EXTREMELY well :smile:

Hou doe,

Derk

I never thought I would enjoy a Jupiler that much haha.

Little update: I had my first solo and also passed my first check ride! Next up is a crosscountry this friday: seven T-6's from Sheppard to Nellis AFB for a weekend of drinking and gambling in Las Vegas! Yes I know, it's a tough life! :wink:

Edited by Jrz

I never thought I would enjoy a Jupiler that much haha.

Little update: I had my first solo and also passed my first check ride! Next up is a crosscountry this friday: seven T-6's from Sheppard to Nellis AFB for a weekend of drinking and gambling in Las Vegas! Yes I know, it's a tough life! :wink:

Good to hear from you again, well done too, and try a Budweiser for a change !!!!! :tongue:

Hou doe,

Edited by Derk

Good to hear from you again, well done too, and try a Budweiser for a change !!!!! :tongue:

Hou doe,

Haha, I tried it... Good to know the Americans also have Jupiler ;) Luckily they sell Grolsch here at the class six on base! I'm a happy man!

@ Nellis:

t6_klsv890.jpg

@ Nellis:

Damn, when i saw the cross in the fin of the Hornet, i thought it was one of ours: fake

canopy to confuse, fake cross to scare :biggrin:

Little update, passed my instrument checkride last friday! Next: beside advanced contact now also low level and formation! :ph34r:

Kick ass!

:yahoo::bowdown2::drinks::groupwave:

Derk