Sign in to follow this  

okay got it, had an error anyways, the target marker showed up, but since I specified it as GROUND_ATTACK, I thought would work... but will try some more.

Success! Well... kinda... It cycled on the Defense Suppression mission, which is cool as it shows it's working, but maybe because of the propensity of the AAA and SAMs that I have there. Which is fine as it showed me I'm finally figuring out slowly how it works...

post-5735-1227190276_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1227190315_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1227190355_thumb.jpg

Dont set the targets i the "brown". This are valley tiles. I gave them high _hm.bmp values to create a rough terrain. The result is that you cant set groundobjects on this tiles. They will "sink" into the ground.

That sucks, it's actually quite a good spot, as I did a suppression mission and lost a wingnut (RIP) there. Made another site and it worked alot better, but gotcha. I think I'll wait for the next update to get really more motivated to work on it more, don't want to have to redo alot of work.

And one question, I do most of the setting of objects via KMD... the dumb question is, do I just put the targets in the "green" part of the terrain correct, since it uses the planning map?

With setting targets into the "green", "sand" or "field" tiles it should give no problems.

By the way, i uploaded some minutes ago a fast and dirty Afghanistan tileset which is simply a lightened mod of the original WOI tileset with all tiles for Afghanistan terrain. With this tileset also SFP1, WOE and WOV users can fly over Afghanistan terrain.

One thing I found the last time I loaded the Afgh terrain is that doing a full load of the ground targets and weapons with the mod it ended up changing every terrain style I had into the same Afghan motif, i'll try to explain later in better detail.