Sign in to follow this  
Carlos_Tex

SFP1 WOV WOE in WOI

ok. i have a simple question.

when i install woe it searches for other thirdwire games and if i have wov already installed woe setup merges wov with woe so it is possible to play woe/wov combined..

so my question is wouldn´t be nice if when we installed woi it would merge sfp1/wov/woe into woi so we could have everything in one installation. this way we could play everything in woi and have only one installation. why isn´t it possible??

by the way i read in some post that TK said he had no plans to make a more modern era planes simulation that makes me cry. i wanted so much to have a stock

F-14 made by TK and included in a original campaign... :-(

when i install woe it searches for other thirdwire games and if i have wov already installed woe setup merges wov with woe so it is possible to play woe/wov combined..

so my question is wouldn´t be nice if when we installed woi it would merge sfp1/wov/woe into woi so we could have everything in one installation. this way we could play everything in woi and have only one installation. why isn´t it possible??

by the way i read in some post that TK said he had no plans to make a more modern era planes simulation that makes me cry. i wanted so much to have a stock

With the new patches it is doable as long as you have all the stock terrains and stuff in the target game, The strike fighters series was not issued

a patch so that is NOT possible

There are many addon campaings that have the Tomcat in it and is flyable, or you can just mod one of the stock campaings and put the tomcat in.

yae i have done that included a carrier and the tomcat in the 79 woe campaign but i wanted so much a stock F-14 with authentic cockpit that would give another taste to the game. Don´t get me wrong i´m not criticizing the great community work on f-14´s and stuff but stock is stock man if it comes with the game is immortal. but i kind of understand that the game engine is really not well suited for BVR combat and the powerful AWG-9/Phoenix combination gives the cat to much of an edge...

Actually FastCargo was able to use the CAT compiler to combine all of the sims into one. SFP1, WOV, WOE and WOI

it was my understanding that the new patches allowed for BVR engagements by the player and the AI. I sometime use the harpoon missle at 60nm and BOOM! down goes a ship :biggrin:

Actually FastCargo was able to use the CAT compiler to combine all of the sims into one. SFP1, WOV, WOE and WOI
Wow! That is cool ,but, then again Mr.Cargo is a 'Cut above the rest

'

but i kind of understand that the game engine is really not well suited for BVR combat and the powerful AWG-9/Phoenix combination gives the cat to much of an edge...

I've inserted a F-8 into the stock WOE '79 campaign, wanted to have some fun over Germany...but it turned out to be a disappointment because those damn Eagles shot down all MiGs before I could get in range. So don't tell me the AI doesn't do BVR. 'Fox One! Fox One! Fox One!' I tell you that's really annoying.

:wink:

Curses thoose Darn, Pesky, BVR shootin Eagles! :biggrin:

You can merge all four thirdwire jet era sims following the exact method detailed by Gerwin in this link clicky linky

Because TK didn't want to include a merge feature for WOI, that game was intended to be a stand allone historically accurate representation of the theatre, not a place for European jets to fly over. If you want to merge all four jet era thirdwire sims, go for it! Follow this link to do it yourself clicky here I followed Gerwin's steps to the letter and using his Ini tool, wrong objects in wrong places are less of a problem. Thus shrinking the four games to fit on my mp3 stick, I can carry the game everywhere in my pocket for an opportune moment at work or college.

Also if many people decide to follow those exact steps to have a nice bite sized vanilla merged environment, we could finally have more people available to host and join multiplay sessions as we would have matching data to share. Also such a compact base game is perfect for copy pasting all over an external hardrive so you can add mods to them, mess about with them etc etc but you always have the vanilla base intact on your mp3 in case you need to start again with something.

'

Oh I wouldn't say that...I'm just a bit more insane that's all...:biggrin:

FastCargo

'

OMG...a "Cargo Cult" in the making! :haha:

"An isolated society's first contact with the outside world can be a shock—often the natives first will assume that the newcomers are spiritual beings of some kind who possess divine powers"

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult

OMG...a "Cargo Cult" in the making! :haha:

"An isolated society's first contact with the outside world can be a shock—often the natives first will assume that the newcomers are spiritual beings of some kind who possess divine powers"

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult

He makes weapons that make the bad guys go bye bye! :biggrin::good: