Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tazkiller

The New Sabres

Oh my goodness! :blink:

in my next mod ( F-86 ) i will include several size .bmp so everybody can select what he or she wants

sorry guys i did not know that you have so match problems with high res skins on the other hand we have for some aircraft even skins with a size of 4096x4096 who can use them if you have so much problems with 2048x2048 ?

Dont worry about it Ravenclaw, you keep on doing what you are doing. The end user can resize them very easily to a size they prefer.

Dont worry about it Ravenclaw, you keep on doing what you are doing. The end user can resize them very easily to a size they prefer.

I agree wholeheartedly; the man has put enormous effort into getting the details so sharp. The textures can always be re-scaled to a lower resolution if the user has problems .. the opposite is not possible:)

much appreciated Ravenclaw

Guest Tazkiller

THREE CHEERS FOR RAVENCLAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your the Man!!!!!!!!

Guest Tazkiller

Just dropped in the lower resolution skins.

Didn't change a thing with my f.p.s. outcome.

???????????????????? :dntknw:

What are your graphics settings? On Unlimited the game would become a slideshow.

What are your graphics settings? On Unlimited the game would become a slideshow.

i think this not a question on the size of the skins i run my games WOE / WOV / WOI all with the setting unlimited and have no problems at all exept this strange shadow in the cockpit ( sofar only F-104 and the Sabre) , this is more a question what some computer or graphicscard can handle

i have 12 cl-13b sabre flying over cuba with greenhell2 installed and there i have some hit on my fps but still i can fly the plane with no problem

I resize all my skins to 256 if they have multiple skin files, especially since most is never seen from the cockpit. From combat distances, 256 skin looks the same as 4096 skin. Anyways the sim's depth does not match "high detail" so I pursue the "cover the basics" theme which works well.

Guest medfly

Just dropped in the lower resolution skins.

Didn't change a thing with my f.p.s. outcome.

???????????????????? :dntknw:

I know this is an old thread but I recently d/l'd the GAF sabres and noticed the same thing. I wound up using Tim Canada's canadair sabre with ravenclaws 512 skins and weaponloads borrowed from an F-86-40 so it could carry heaters as well as bombs. I think there are too many polys in ravenclaw's GAF sabre. Was even worse when I used the drop tanks which came with them (I'm using the regular canadair tanks now).

I used bpao's :salute: Method to conduct experiments on Veltro's :salute: F-102. You can delete many intricate 3D components that are inside the aircraft not ever visible in normal gameplay, and I got maybe 20% or 30% fps improvement if I recall, and I may not recall correctly. High poly models must come with lower poly LODs for distance rendering. The lucky thing about F-102 is it's not used in mass formations. F-86s (Antons, Emils, Frederichs, etc...) are different in that respect, excepting Dora and Kurfurst strategic interceptors.

EXAMPLE: Below is bpao code deleting the outer engines on TK's An-12 to gameulate twin engined An-8. The component name, Outer_Engine_L (and Outer_Engine_R) must be found in the LOD file with hex editor, or the model's OUT text file if available.

[AircraftData]

:

:

:

Component[010]=OuterEngineLeft

Component[011]=OuterEngineRight

[OuterEngineLeft]

ParentComponentName=Fuselage

ModelNodeName=Outer_Engine_L_ok

DestroyedNodeName=Outer_Engine_L

DetachWhenDestroyed=TRUE

HasAeroCoefficients=FALSE

[OuterEngineRight]

ParentComponentName=Fuselage

ModelNodeName=Outer_Engine_R_ok

DestroyedNodeName=Outer_Engine_R

DetachWhenDestroyed=TRUE

HasAeroCoefficients=FALSE

You need the "_ok" to broaden the number of components this works for apparently. I've read bpao discovered this technique.