• Announcements

• Erik

26 September - Maintenance Notification   09/21/2024

CombatACE.com will be offline this upcoming Thursday morning, September 26, 2024. The duration of this event will be 4-5 hours. Our website will be unavailable and return an error during that time. Maintenance of our equipment is unavoidable, and this downtime will allow the opportunity to replace worn and damaged fans, power supply units, and thermal paste throughout all our equipment. Thank you for reading our maintenance advisory.
Sign in to follow this  
warthog64

Terrain is going crazy

I downloaded the repaint of VietnamSEA, followed by the GreenHell2 upgrade. They made it look great in terms of realistic, but now everything flickers, shimmers, etc. The airfields flash, the water flickers, and the buildings shimmer. Also there now seems to be no static aircraft on any of the airfields. I know this is alot of stuff, but is anyone an expert at fixing this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks Alot.

I'm not an expert but it seems there is a conflict with the newest patch.Those add ons were made pre patch so there is bound to be issues and the static aircraft missing seems to indicate to me that you overwrote somthing in the terrain with a pre patch .ini

Put this in the VIETNAMSEA_data.INI:

[HeightOffset]

LowDetailMesh=-1.0

WaterMesh=0.8

This fixes the water shimmering.

The statics should appear, but only in campaigns and game generated missions. They will not appear in single missions, for example, the stock ones in the missions folder or any other that have been written.

Edited by The_Editor

To quote Wrench, "The Knowlege Base is YOUR friend". There are two entries there about water shimmering. One by Dave, and one by me. Either fix alone may or may not fix the shimmering. Check out the KB.

Edited by drdoyo

The statics should appear, but only in campaigns and game generated missions. They will not appear in single missions, for example, the stock ones in the missions folder or any other that have been written

Really?????

That's interesting, I'd have thought that no matter what, the terrain's data would automatically add them.

Wrench

kevin stein

Wrench, he's talking about loading a mission from a .msn file, and he's right.

Static aircraft show up in campaigns, and random Single Missions, but not when you play a .msn file.

Thanks everyone, I had to remove the mods, but by entering the data.ini changes it fixed the flashing, shimmering, etc. Oh yeah the static aircraft came back too, guess I'll just have to wait for a post-patch terrain update.