DSC00229.jpg

DSC00228.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

Moon Vehicle

DSC00230.jpg

DSC00218.jpg

F-4C

DSC00219.jpg

I've been there a few times. Enjoyed it all. They have an great collection of aircraft.

Do they still have the F-4C painted in Blue Angel colors or is that it in your last pic, repainted in the Michigan ANG scheme?

Storm

Man, that's impressive...a 747 on a stick! That's some work to do that!

It's funny to see the Buran with the 'clip on' atmospheric engines. I always wondered if that ever actually worked (the idea was that the Buran could 'transport itself' instead of being loaded piggyback on the An-225)...the L/D ratio of the Shuttle (and I assume the Buran) wasn't exactly that great and those engines looked kind of small...

FastCargo

i don´t like the museum in Speyer, cause there are some aircrafts painted wrong...

for example there is a MiG-23 painted in colors that were used

on a MiG-21SPS (the white shark)

1st the one in the museum in speyer, 2nd the real one...

Edited by Soulfreak

Hi all

I went to an awesome museum in Germany around 6 years ago but i can't remember the name. (Somewhere between frankfurt and munich LOL)

Anyway it had all sorts of aircraft including the concord and the tu144l on display. It was definetely the best museum i had ever seen

unfortunately i dont have the pics on digital format.

These are really cool pics, love the space shuttle

Hi all

I went to an awesome museum in Germany around 6 years ago but i can't remember the name. (Somewhere between frankfurt and munich LOL)

Anyway it had all sorts of aircraft including the concord and the tu144l on display. It was definetely the best museum i had ever seen

That's the museum in Sinsheim, which is somehow connected to the one in Speyer (they even share a website). Been there about 10 years ago, I guess it has changed a lot.

i don´t like the museum in Speyer, cause there are some aircrafts painted wrong...

I would say that there quite a few aviation museums around that paint their aircraft 'wrong', but I do think that this happens mainly for two reasons: a) available resources and b) the desire to attract and impress their visitors.

Man, that's impressive...a 747 on a stick! That's some work to do that!

It's funny to see the Buran with the 'clip on' atmospheric engines. I always wondered if that ever actually worked (the idea was that the Buran could 'transport itself' instead of being loaded piggyback on the An-225)...the L/D ratio of the Shuttle (and I assume the Buran) wasn't exactly that great and those engines looked kind of small...

FastCargo

I read somewhere that the intent was just to give them some additional control during the landing phase. It didn't carry enough fuel for anything else.