Sign in to follow this  
MAKO69

Jarhead1 what do think about this?

What do you think oh H&K's new 416 weapon system?

Edited by MAKO69

I can see by the barrel that it is not for longer range work but it looks well suited for House to house, room to room stuff, I saw a similar

profile on this weapon from Mac (Future Weapons). BTW Short Barrel with a sight hmm...

Edited by Viper6

The rifle on the right is a HK417... :wink:

Edited by Gocad

To be fair, I'll take both! :beach:

The weapon can be turned into a sniper assualt rifle w/a barrel change, close in quarters sub machine sized rifle, or an assault rifle. 416, 417 both based on the M-16 chasis.

Edited by MAKO69

I think its a good start to something good for the military especially for room clearing and CQB, I was in Fallujah during Operation Phantom Fury kicking in doors and clearing houses with an M-16A2, and it sucks clearing with a long rifle, so I give em mad props for making rifles that can be made smaller for different functions, but the only bad side is carring more weight with the different barrels and accessories. Ur losing weight that can be used in ammo, which is a key necessity in a firefight, lol.

Well, it's not like every soldier would receive several barrels for their 416/417, after all it doesn't have a barrel change option anyway...but you can replace the upper, as it is the case with basically all rifles of the M16/AR15 family. Although you have to realize that the 416/417 aren't really AR15-type rifles since they have a different gas system.

I think its a good start to something good for the military especially for room clearing and CQB, I was in Fallujah during Operation Phantom Fury kicking in doors and clearing houses with an M-16A2, and it sucks clearing with a long rifle, so I give em mad props for making rifles that can be made smaller for different functions, but the only bad side is carring more weight with the different barrels and accessories. Ur losing weight that can be used in ammo, which is a key necessity in a firefight, lol.

something i can never understand with the Marines\Army... why warriors get the M16A2??

why not the M4 or the M16A2 with short barrel?

all IDF combat soldiers get the M16A1 short barreled\M4 Flattop\TAR-21...

even non combat soldiers get the short M16... ^_^

anyways, like the H&K weapons... they are among the best in the world :good:

They still had you equiped with an A2 and not an M-16A3 or 4? I had read somewhere that they were using M-4s for that job.

Should have kept the XM-8 program going, lightweight, and modular to do just that. Well, maybe with some new people in the DOD something will happen.

Well we have switched over to the A4 now finally. I would love to have an M-4 though, but who wouldnt, lol. They r phasing out the M-9 9mm pistol from officers and staff Non Comms, and giving them all M-4s now, so they have a punch. I saw an insurgent take 45 rounds from a nine mm and keep coming, then the guy shot him in the face with a 5.56 mm and he dropped like a sack of s$##, lol. 9mm is a dinky round, but anyways, We are gettin new stuff slowly but surely as the USMC is the last to get ANYTHING, lol.

Jarhead whats the M-4 that has 7.62 I saw that on future weapons a while ago it was going to be for special ops.

"If Marines could get what they needed when they needed it we would be happy and wouldn't be ready to kill people all of the time." :lol:

Wish they continued Generation Kill for more than 7 shows.

It's not an M4, its the SCAR-H.

Edited by eraser_tr

...They r phasing out the M-9 9mm pistol from officers and staff Non Comms, and giving them all M-4s now, so they have a punch. I saw an insurgent take 45 rounds from a nine mm and keep coming, then the guy shot him in the face with a 5.56 mm and he dropped like a sack of s$##, lol. 9mm is a dinky round, ...

Spoken like a true expert. :rolleyes:

M-4 is alot like the CAR-15, which is a munchkin version of a M-16 and is also 5.56 mm

YES! Im ''workin" on a G36C and K which I can legally own at 18! Anyone remember that movie of the weatherman with the bow n arrow? :biggrin:

But back on topic, I think its a net little thing that.

YES! Im ''workin" on a G36C and K which I can legally own at 18!

i so want to fire the G36... absolutely beautiful weapon! :good:

something i can never understand with the Marines\Army... why warriors get the M16A2??

why not the M4 or the M16A2 with short barrel?

all IDF combat soldiers get the M16A1 short barreled\M4 Flattop\TAR-21...

even non combat soldiers get the short M16... ^_^

we did carry many versions of the M4

Do you mean the civilian SL-8 G36 derivative? I wasn't aware you could just go and buy a full blown G36. Still that must be damn expensive, I was looking at rifle prices when it looked like I might end up in the jungle as part of a trip school was sponsoring.

Very sharp gun though, I like the smaller piccatiny rail and iron sights version far above the normal version with the gigantic handle and scope.

9mm is a dinky round

Left one - maybe, right the one packs much more punch :biggrin:

9mm.jpg

That's a 9x39mm round, used by certain Russian sniper rifles.

Do you mean the civilian SL-8 G36 derivative? I wasn't aware you could just go and buy a full blown G36. Still that must be damn expensive, I was looking at rifle prices when it looked like I might end up in the jungle as part of a trip school was sponsoring.

Very sharp gun though, I like the smaller piccatiny rail and iron sights version far above the normal version with the gigantic handle and scope.

Im not completely sure, but im hoping I can! I meant that im saving up right now. I think you can in some places because some of my hunting friends say they dont know of any laws that may intervene...but I could be wrong...HERES TO HIGH HOPES! :biggrin:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/le_fullauto.html

Law Enforcement only.

http://world.guns.ru/civil/civ009-e.htm There's always that loophole that lets you buy parts and convert to automatic :wink:

It was my first choice for my planned Brazil jungle trek, until I saw the pricetag of almost $2200 (9lbs was also a consideration, but not as much). This was more my price and weight range, even though it doesn't scream "Don't f**k with me!" like a rifle near indistinguishable from a G36. http://www.impactguns.com/store/619835002006.html