Sign in to follow this  
column5

Century Wings 1/72 SR-71 Blackbird

WOW is right. I have the A-6, A-7, F-8 and F-14. Very nice. I am happy with them and the more affordable Hobby master 1/72 scale items. Those are the 2 lines I am currently collecting. I got away from Corgi and Dragon. Not happy with Dragon diecast.

aw crap, i hate captalism, i probably don't have no enought money to buy 'em all now :(

and they don't know Brazil Exist, So, No Distribuctor here :(

Next January when i go to NY i plan to bring a bag with all of them for me :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Edited by Silverbolt

While die-cast is a lot better now that in the past, I still prefer to build the model my self. Good looking models however.

Someday I hope to purchase some of their F-14's and A-6's :)

The SR-71 still looks ahead of its time... the aerodynamic lines are unsurpassed.

I would bet application of modern materials and engine technology would allow a similar aircraft to be built in such a way that operational costs could be dramatically reduced...

Or if cost reduction was unimportant, it could be given much higher performance.

The question is, does such an aircraft already exist?

Aviation Week rumored that some kind of military hyperspace plane/space shuttle (presumably the notorious project Aurora) has already gone out of service for the same reason as the F-117: too old and too expensive.

If we can blow $700 billion on bad mortgages, surely we can afford to pump some money into the aerospace/defense industry to stimulate the kind of technology revolutions that occurred in the 1950s and 1960s due to the cold war/space race (which were really one in the same).

Well, who says we aren't already and they're just classified?

As Judd Hirsch said in Independence Day, "You don't really think they're spending $700 on a hammer, do you?" :wink:

post-40984-1224957630_thumb.jpg post-40984-1224957614_thumb.jpg

Hello all

I am a FNG to the forum here. Great site.

Here is a couple pics I took at the Chicago Hobby show last weekend.

Glen

Thanks for the pics Glen, and welcome aboard! I guess I am going to have to pre-order one... :victory:

Not to hijack the thread but this same company is making a 1/144 scale USS Nimitz on a custom order basis, a scale that is big enough to have great detail to the aircraft and their weapons with out being total over kill like the

1/72 Nimitz.

She comes with a $124.99 price tag but, I will be getting one. Now I have to build the wall mounted cabinet I have been putting off for so long. I prefer 1/72 scale myself. 1/48 gets too big and I think 1/144 are a little on the tiny side. Just my opinion though.

She comes with a $124.99 price tag but, I will be getting one. Now I have to build the wall mounted cabinet I have been putting off for so long. I prefer 1/72 scale myself. 1/48 gets too big and I think 1/144 are a little on the tiny side. Just my opinion though.

I agree regarding 1/72 scale. I have a couple of jets in 1/48 and they are just too big, and these Century Wings planes are more detailed anyway.

post-40984-1224957630_thumb.jpg post-40984-1224957614_thumb.jpg

Hello all

I am a FNG to the forum here. Great site.

Here is a couple pics I took at the Chicago Hobby show last weekend.

Glen

Luck guy!

I don't know if I've ever seen a model of the 71C.