Sign in to follow this  
ST0RM

F-100C Super Sabre

F-100C Super Sabre

Here is my attempt at filling a gap in the WoV sim. I've modified the stock F-100D to represent the earlier F-100C.

I've tweaked the FM a bit to reflect a slightly better climb rate, higher landing speed, and smaller rudder. Of course, these aren't all, but just a few things.

Included are new high-res skins representing F-100Cs from the 120th TFS, 140th TFW Colorado ANG during their 1968 deployment to Phan Rhang AB, and the 188th TFS, 150th TFW New Mexico ANG at Tuy Hoa AB. I've added 12-14 serials that are accurate for each squadron.

Special thanks to:

Sundowner for the use of his high-res camo for the base

WombRaider for the canopy opening mod

Kout for the Hangar screen

Wrench for the tips on light positioning and pilot

Spillone104 for the new engine sounds (use the J-75-1 sound in this pack http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5910 )

And TK for this sim

This has only been tested in Wings over Vietnam with the Sept 08 patch. Since it uses the stock F-100D lods, it should work in SFP1, WoV and WoE. However I do not accept any responsibility if something happens to your computer if you use this. It shouldnt, but I'm covering my butt.

Enjoy!

Jeff "ST0RM" Stoermer

BoomerStorm@Yahoo.com

The F-100C, which made its first flight in 1954, featured advances as in-flight refueling system, provisions for extra fuel drop tanks and bombs under the wings and and improved electronic bombing system, however - regarding loadout- F-100C-26-NA kites in 1970 "High Wire Supplementals programme" got installation of AIM-9B provisions, not earlyer. Provision for the installation of a quartet of GAR-8 (later designated AIM-9B) Sidewinder air-to-air infrared homing missiles was introduced on the production line with the 184th F-100D. Air-to-air missile armament had initially been tested on six modified F-100Cs.

By mid-1966, 210 F-100Cs were in service with the ANG. However, on January 25, 1968, in response to the *Pueblo* incident, President Johnson mobilized a major portion of the Selected Reserve Force, which included eight ANG squadrons equipped with F-100Cs. The last of these F-100Cs were phased out in March of 1970, and by late 1970 ANG F-100C strength was back up to 210 aircraft.

The only F-100Cs to fly in combat in Vietnam flew with ANG units which had been called up for that conflict. A total of four ANG squadrons (from Colorado, New York, Iowa, and New Mexico) flew F-100Cs in Vietnam.

Most of the kites are already retired in March 1973.

Nice gap filler - regarding the mod, however - The F-100C had the same six underwing hard points as the F-100D, but the detachable underwing pylons used forced ejection rather than gravity release for dropping their stores. The vertical fin and rudder were smaller in area then "D", and the fin trailing edge on F-100D featured a larger and wider square protrusion which carried an AN/APR-26(v) rearward radar warning antenna in addition to the usual fuel jettison pipe - that's a bit harder to modify on default lods. Also, wings had different shape on "C". On Taiwan overhauled F-100A-20-NA that was easy to simmulate 'case those "later" kites had "D" tails and wings.

Cheers and keep up with "gap fillers" :yes:

BTW

I will use this kite as F-100C-26-NA - most close to early "D" and with

ServiceStartYear=1970

ServiceEndYear=1974

for present mod loadout

Edited by starfighter2

index.php?autocom=downloads&req=display&code=sst&id=7532

File Name: F-100C Super Sabre

File Submitter: ST0RM

File Submitted: 25 Oct 2008

File Category: Cold War Aircraft

Here is my attempt at filling a gap in the WoV sim. I've modified the stock F-100D to represent the earlier F-100C.

I've tweaked the FM a bit to reflect a slightly better climb rate, higher landing speed, and smaller rudder. Of course, these aren't all, but just a few things.

Included are new high-res skins representing F-100Cs from the 120th TFS, 140th TFW Colorado ANG during their 1968 deployment to Phan Rhang AB, and the 188th TFS, 150th TFW New Mexico ANG at Tuy Hoa AB. I've added 12-14 serials that are accurate for each squadron.

Special thanks to:

Sundowner for the use of his high-res camo for the base

WombRaider for the canopy opening mod

Kout for the Hangar screen

Wrench for the tips on light positioning and pilot

Spillone104 for the new engine sounds (use the J-75-1 sound in this pack <a href="http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5910" target="_blank">http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5910</a> )

And TK for this sim

This has only been tested in Wings over Vietnam with the Sept 08 patch. Since it uses the stock F-100D lods, it should work in SFP1, WoV and WoE. However I do not accept any responsibility if something happens to your computer if you use this. It shouldnt, but I'm covering my butt.

Enjoy!

Jeff "ST0RM" Stoermer

BoomerStorm@Yahoo.com

Click here to download this file

Nice job, Storm. I like it!!!

Thanks Jug. Watch the rotate speed. She wont unstick until 205kts-ish.

Starfighter, sorry it isnt as accurate as I'd have liked. Since I was working with the stock model, I couldnt give it a new tail or the un-notched speedbrake. Feel free to edit your loadout as you see fit.

Storm

we may need to talk.

I may need to borrow this FM in a little while...

Thanks Jug. Watch the rotate speed. She wont unstick until 205kts-ish.

Starfighter, sorry it isnt as accurate as I'd have liked. Since I was working with the stock model, I couldnt give it a new tail or the un-notched speedbrake. Feel free to edit your loadout as you see fit.

Storm

No need to be sorry :yes: Good job overall

we may need to talk.

Hey Crab, you working on a new visual model??? That would be great to mate with this very nice markings package! Nice job Jeff - I always appreciate the historical serials and markings.

Mike D.

Didn't the Thunderbirds use the "C" in early/mid sixties?And Turkish Air Force also?

BTW,love this model!

we may need to talk.

Use as necessary. Hopefully you've got a better example waiting in the wings. ;)

Didn't the Thunderbirds use the "C" in early/mid sixties?And Turkish Air Force also?

BTW,love this model!

AND 32 FIS \Soesterberg AB\ Camp New Amsterdam \ the Netherlands back in the fifties, including airshow appearances

at Eelde Airshow......

Were supplanted by Delta Daggers and later on F4E's.....

Aju,

Derk :yes:

"I will use this kite as F-100C-26-NA - most close to early "D" and with

ServiceStartYear=1970

ServiceEndYear=1974

for present mod loadout "

...just look at that...a fighter whose career spanned just 4 years...what happened to those days? And to think of all the other front line fighter-types on service during the same period...also back when we had dedicated interceptors as well...and who can forget "Air Defense Command"?...ah well...