Sign in to follow this  
Rampstrike

Need help finding the fix for something in WOE...

I just recently installed the MF Weapons pack for WOE and after fixing the F-15A data file so it could carry AIM-7F's again, my planes all start on the runway with noses up and asses buried for a split second before exploding. I know I've seen someone on the forum before who had similar issues, but darned if I can't find it. Does anyone remember what the fix for this is or why it might have happened?

Thanks in advance....

Ramp

Oh, yeah... WOE is patched up to the latest version, but I have the MF weapons pack that is pre-patch (there is no newer version for WOE that I could find). In case that matters.

I just recently installed the MF Weapons pack for WOE and after fixing the F-15A data file so it could carry AIM-7F's again, my planes all start on the runway with noses up and asses buried for a split second before exploding. I know I've seen someone on the forum before who had similar issues, but darned if I can't find it. Does anyone remember what the fix for this is or why it might have happened?

Thanks in advance....

Ramp

Oh, yeah... WOE is patched up to the latest version, but I have the MF weapons pack that is pre-patch (there is no newer version for WOE that I could find). In case that matters.

Hmmm... you shouldn't have to edit any .ini files to be able to carry the sparrow, and the nose up problem was an issue with Bunyap's weapons pack, I think. The MF weapons pack requires no modding after install to be compatible with the latest patch.

Are you sure you're not talking about Bunyap's weapons pack?

Are you using an old F-15A data.ini? if you are, extract the newer (old one no worky) than add the edits you made to the old one.

I had added Bunyap's pack prior to this, but then no weapons of any sort were available, so I installed the MF pack over it. I guess that's what porked it? Which brings me to the next question... what's the fix? As for the F-15A_data.ini, I didn't know there was an old and new version. I installed WOE from the original CD and then patched up to the current release. Did the new patch not bring the F-15A_data.ini up to speed? Will extracting the .ini from the patched .cat file and then making the .ini fix the nose-high/exploding thing? I'll give it a try and see...

Thanks again... will let you know if it works.

Cheers,

Ramp

I had added Bunyap's pack prior to this, but then no weapons of any sort were available, so I installed the MF pack over it. I guess that's what porked it? Which brings me to the next question... what's the fix? As for the F-15A_data.ini, I didn't know there was an old and new version. I installed WOE from the original CD and then patched up to the current release. Did the new patch not bring the F-15A_data.ini up to speed? Will extracting the .ini from the patched .cat file and then making the .ini fix the nose-high/exploding thing? I'll give it a try and see...

Cheers,

Ramp

The problem is that installing bunyap's weapons pack adds a data.ini file for all the aircraft, which is out of date when compared to the latest patch (and possibly the patch before that... I'm not sure). Not only is this data.ini out of date, it is also incompatible with the MF weapons pack and/or the stock weapons.

If you just go into all the aircraft folders and delete the data.ini's that are there, that should fix the problem. However, bunyap's weapons pack also installs some other files and effects that either may not be compatible with and/or are not needed with the new patch and MF weps pack. Your aircraft and weapons should work after just deleting the data.ini's for all the aircraft, but there might be other issues that the other files cause that don't manifest themselves until later.

Unfortunately, the best and cleanest way to fix the problem will be to start from scratch with a clean, patched install and then install only the MF weps pack.

Maybe someone more familiar with the contents of both weapons packs will be able to tell you weather you need a re-install or just delete the data.ini's.

Good luck! :good:

Edited by malibu43

Cheers,

Ramp

Yes the patch the did update F-15. There is new stuff in IIRC that is not in the old.ini.

Class, please take note:

Yet another reason for NEVER running an exe directly into you game install.

unzip to a temp folder, and then maually move the stuff over. Eliminates the problems inherent with overwriting 'new' files with out-of-date ones.

It may take a few more minutes longer to move the stuff to where it belongs, but Safety First!!! ... and you don't have to go round-and-round fixing the fixes.

Wrench

kevin stein

When I installed the Bunyap pack, I backed up/deleted the data.ini's it created, and then used the extractor tool to pull the originals for each aircraft. This is to make sure they had the right nation names on the weapon stations. "WP" needs to be "WP,SOVIET" for the MiGs, for example, in order to make sure the weapons work right. (I think there's an article in the Knowledge Base for this sort of thing.)

Anyway, it's a little tedious, but worth it!

Well, since the new (October) patch(es) came out, I did a complete wipe and re-install and added the MF weapons as suggested, and all seems to work fine. Thanks!

Now, I have one other question, one which I know has been discussed a long time ago, and one I knew the answer to at one time, but...

How do I get the drop tanks to show up for the MF F/A-18A? I looked through the MF weapons pack entries and noticed that there are a couple of .lod files and a .bmp named 'Tank_F18', and I also noticed that in the F/A-18A loadout.ini that the tanks listed there go by 'Tank300_F18', so I changed all the entries in the loadout.ini to match the MF weapons pack names, but still no go (all other Hornet weapons show up fine). I know that there is a simple solution to this, but I can't remember (or find) it.

Thanks again for all the help, guys!

Cheers,

Ramp