Sign in to follow this  
MAKO69

F-8 Crusader what if?

Found this surfing the world wide today, thought I would share it w/all of you. Very cool I thought a modern F-8 w/2 engines. Look out Superbugs.

That is one sexy looking jet. A nice makeover of the 'sader.

Thanks.

-S

Cool idea, not so sure of the actual practicality of it. There's never been a jet with an intake like that, and there must be a reason for that. :wink:

I'm not a fan of a twin-engine 'Sader. Kinda spoils the lines, IMO. Otherwise, it looks pretty sweet.

WOW!! Very cool! Can you share the webpage please?

stratos I earased all that i was literaly surfing the web and saved I have no clue I did a google search F-8 crusader. Good luck.

What about a two engine vertical configuration like the English Electric lightning

Cool idea, not so sure of the actual practicality of it. There's never been a jet with an intake like that, and there must be a reason for that. :wink:

Its a what if artist's version thats all it is. Dont disect it, its a drawing of a scifi"ish" plane. Just like a lot of the stuff in Star Wars. It makes no sense but it looks cool.

This plane has an intake similar. It was real and was to have a jet engine if the war went on.

Edited by MAKO69

I'm not a fan of a twin-engine 'Sader. Kinda spoils the lines, IMO. Otherwise, it looks pretty sweet.

I concur. I'm not even sure whether adding a second engine would have given the Crusader a better performance...

Edited by Gocad

No problem Mako! One thins is for real, this plane really looks cool

Guest 531_Ghost

Hearing just one of those engines on the F8 go into burner (the first time I did) I 'bout crapped my pants! Hearing two of those monsters (the first time), I would've filled 'em! :blink:

I concur. I'm not even sure whether adding a second engine would have given the Crusader a better performance...

Yeah, I doubt it would. All that extra weight when you could just throw one really good engine in there. We have F-16s that do just fine on one.

Guys it's a plane based on the F-8 enjoy it as art, you guys are looking way too deep not like Vought is gonna start up the line on a new F-8. Stratos that was the site I got it marked now thnx cause there was some other scifi stuff there. Did you find w/that Google search?

Edited by MAKO69

I think its awesome. It would be cool to see the Earthlings on Battlestar Galactica intercept the Galactica with these and blow it up for drawing out the 4th season.

I am glad to se some of you are using your Imagination thats all I wanted you guys to do.

Edited by MAKO69

I don't know, it looks alot better than the original, more meaner and leaner...

Guys it's a plane based on the F-8 enjoy it as art, you guys are looking way too deep not like Vought is gonna start up the line on a new F-8.

They won't? Damn.

:wink:

The Shinden's intake is similar in concept, but it's smaller. The difference is you could stand up in that other inlet if you were thin enough. It's all about the geometry, baby!

Yes Mako, used Google for this one :) Now guys tell me no one tought about using it on SF?

thanks guys... it is nice to see my artwork somewhere.... it is one of my older pics and it is just a "what if" idea for a crusader-like plane. If you like it you can see more HERE.

Edited by sketch

Sketch,

I just went through your gallery and am very impressed! All of your work is outstanding, but my personal favs are "Remember 1968", "Emily" (My daughters name), and "Sky Pirates". Your "Island of Dr. Moreau" is pretty nice also.

Welcome to CA.

-Storm