Sign in to follow this  
DarthRevan

A question about Draken

Is it possible to hide/erase the IR seeker under the nose on the Draken like someone did with the A-4 to get an A-4A. I wonder this because earlier Drakens, Danish Drakens and J 35OE (Austria) didn't have the IR seeker.

Is it possible to hide/erase the IR seeker under the nose on the Draken like someone did with the A-4 to get an A-4A. I wonder this because earlier Drakens, Danish Drakens and J 35OE (Austria) didn't have the IR seeker.

i don't think the ini file can be tweaked, so we, the ID(io)Ts we are about to finish what was left appart.

soon there will be f35 danish draken released and then the j35o austrian, without the ir sensor below.then, who is interested in making textures or tweaking will have also the base mapping included in the file.

i don't think the ini file can be tweaked, so we, the ID(io)Ts we are about to finish what was left appart.

soon there will be f35 danish draken released and then the j35o austrian, without the ir sensor below.then, who is interested in making textures or tweaking will have also the base mapping included in the file.

thats excellent news. :clapping:

you can delete the ir sensor via ini edit

Yup, sho' nuff. Just like the F-100 'Rehab' guys used and I did to remove the radio antenna wire off the CAF Peashooter.

Not hard at all. (well, finding the correct mesh name would be the actual hard part -- but with the supplied OUT file, I think it'll be almost too easy

Wrench

kevin stein

only a small question to resolve....back wheels.then it will be pubblic domain

aleks for the ID(io)Ts

He Aleks, that sure looks good. With a little imagination we''ll be having the original Danish Draken, the recce model,

the later variant using the recce nose with a/g avionics and of course the Austrian J35D.

In front of me I have my 20+ years old 1:72 Danish Draken. I took a lot of trouble back in the eighties to equip it with the special Danish droptanks, inserting a slice of plastic into a normal tank to get something resembling the big

Per Udsen variant.

When the Danes retired their Drakens, a batch of those tanks were taken over by the Swedes for use with their remaining J35J's , and nowadays it looks like they copied the desing for the Gripen....

Ergo: use the Gripen tanks (they come with the JAS39) with the Danish Draken ...... (see attachment)

Just in need of recouloring but the shap is quite allright,

Aju,

Derk :smile:

Correction: the Danish Draken tanks were used straight away for the Gripens......

Aju,

derk

Is it possible to edit out The IR Seeker. And what to change if it is possible. I have opened up the out file and data.ini and didn't get any smarter.

I want to use it as placeholder til the new Draken arrive.

Is it possible to edit out The IR Seeker. And what to change if it is possible. I have opened up the out file and data.ini and didn't get any smarter.

I want to use it as placeholder til the new Draken arrive.

I've already tried a wile ago without succes...

Using the hide method i've only obtained the IRST glass to disappear. The rest of the IRST is part of the fuselage.