Sign in to follow this  
ghostrider883

HAL LCA Tejas Twin seat fighter/trainer

MAy be its because it is painted in yellow primer? It would look better once it painted in IAF Grey like this:

KH2012.jpg

That picture looks much better.

Hey, do you have a picture of the planform? Can't quite tell what the wing configuration is...delta?

FC

That picture looks much better.

Hey, do you have a picture of the planform? Can't quite tell what the wing configuration is...delta?

FC

Is it called Cranked Delta?

KH2005.jpg

Tejas24.jpg

Interesting...a double delta (cranked maybe) but in a convex instead of concave setup.

Is this aircraft supposed to be an advanced trainer (ie basic trainees go to this aircraft before progressing to their front line fighter)?

FC

one of th ugliest birds I ever saw...

I'll second that...we are so primitive sometimes it shows!

I'll second that...we are so primitive sometimes it shows!

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder :biggrin:

Interesting...a double delta (cranked maybe) but in a convex instead of concave setup.

Is this aircraft supposed to be an advanced trainer (ie basic trainees go to this aircraft before progressing to their front line fighter)?

FC

The single seat variant of the aircraft was meant to replace IAF's large fleet of MiG-21s and perform duties what it did i.e CAP, CAS, light strike etc. However, delays meant IAF looking for other fighters to replace the MiG-21s, hence the IAF MMRCA saga.

The twin seater would be a trainer, it can be adpated in combat role. Probably used as a dedicated precision strike aircraft , the way IAF uses its Mirage 2000THs.

A Naval variant is also under development to arm India's Indigenous Aircraft Carrier, with a raised cockpit, drooping nose, strengthened landing gear, hook etc.

yup looks better in grey, but still not a sexy plane. But hey we build planes to work and fly not to be sexy.... is someone planing creating this bird?

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder :biggrin:

Touche

looks kinda like a TA-4 + AMX + Eurofighter, with a bit of mirage 2000 thrown in for good measure.

I like it's looks, it's not really beautiful, but elegantly functional. Though the big bubble canopy does seem out of proportion.