Sign in to follow this  
csb

Which skins are for WOI?

I'm looking for skins for the stock WOI a/c, from here or other sites.

How do I know which are suitable?

I've dl'd a couple but they don't show ingame.

Edited by csb

I'm looking for skins for the stock WOI a/c, from here or other sites.

How do I know which are suitable?

I've dl'd a couple but they don't show ingame.

In my knowledge all skins are for all games...maby You forgot add new skin to xx.ini file of aircraft?

I did add the a/c to the ini AND it was all correctly done ie number sequence, texture ini in the skin folder.

When I do a single mission I can get the skin to show in the loadout screen (including the skin's patch).

Can you tell us which skins you are trying to use. There are 3rd party versions of some of the stock WOI aircraft, so skins will not be usable on both. eg the MF Kfirs and Mirages III

Thanks Ciacho, for you help.

I am installing the skins correctly. Just found a skin specifically for WOI F-16 and it worked.

I tried to install a F16 skin that was specifically for a Mirage Factory model and another but it didn't specify what model it was for. They didn't show.

Allen, do you know some of the skins specifically for WOI stock a/c?

Do you know some of the skins specifically for WOI stock a/c?

1) Look at the bitmap names of the stock WOI skins, suitable additional skins need to have the same naming. Like F-15A_baz_1.bmp and f-4E_IAF_1.bmp.

2) Some older skins voor stock Third-wire aircraft are suitable for WOI too,

except they need some files to be renamed.

Like with the F-15A Eagle and the F-4E phantom II, Example:

Skin bitmaps for WOE named F-15A_1.bmp: for WOI rename to F-15A_baz_1.bmp (same for nr 2 to 5)

Skin bitmaps for WOE named F-4E_1.bmp: for WOI rename to f-4E_IAF_1.bmp (same for nr 2 to 5)

The A-4 skyhawk models have changed since WOI, so be careful with these.

3)

Skins I uploaded for WOI

French Silver Scheme for Mirage 5D (TW model)

Generic Hill Scheme F-16A (Netz) Skin for TW model

Skins I uploaded for WOE, but that can be renamed for use in WOI.

Generic Hill Scheme F-4E+F-4G Phantom II Skin for TW+MF model

Sand/Desert F-15a Skin (fictional) for third-wire model

and of course many more from other contributors...

Generally speaking, contributors should have specified in their readme if the skin is for a WOI stock model, as gerwin has done.

Of, course, if the plane is a model that was in an earlier game and is also in WOI, then a skin uploaded before WOI was released will not say if it's for the WOI model - I'm thinking more here about the MiGs than the western jets as the MiG 21MF exists in all of the games I think, and the various skins available shpuld be compatible no matter which game you put it in.

Thanks fellas. That's the info I need. You've both been great help! ....... I hope

I'm trying to keep away from 3rd party models. Now the TW series is about where I want it so I hardly need to add any mods.

But I find the colour schemes, especially for the Israel f4 & f16, to be very boring. Probably quite effective in real life but there's no glamour.

I'm trying to keep away from 3rd party models. Now the TW series is about where I want it so I hardly need to add any mods.

Ouch...snubbed...

What a shame you say that, there are some great mods and planes out there.

Well, I did say "trying" :smile: