Sign in to follow this  
scouserlad13

Ok, i have no idea what has gone wrong

I need help, i have just recently downloaded the huge weapons pack and did what the readme told me to. I thought great time to kick arse with some new weapons. So i went into the game, but it only showed the weapons from Bunyaps pack, so i deleted the weapons from bunyaps pack, went back into the game and they where still there. So then i thought ok, ill just do a clean install and then put in the folders from the new weapons pack, so ive done that and now i cant even play the game cause it crashes every time i try to start it up. Any help on how to get around this so i can see what the new weapons pack is like?

Cheers, scouserlad13

Ok, i had to do a system restore to gain back all my old weapons from bunyaps pack, and now i have tried again, it gets to the mission select screen and when i select any aircraft and click start mission, it crashes and closes down on me. I really need help sorting out this weapons pack, cause everyone seems to think it is amaziing :P

Ive got it! It finally works, all it took was 3 straight hours of figuring it out. Heres the bad thing, im to tired now to test it haha

Suppose i better not let this thread go to waste, so while im here, with the weapons pack, when i drop a nuke, there are no effects apart from everything blowing up around me and also my aircraft blows up too, and this is when im at 20,000ft! How can i make nuke effects, and how do i change the damage caused by the Nuke?

I do believe that there are some nuke effects avaliable for download here, and as for getting blown up, either use smaller nukes, fly higher or turn and burn after dropping the bomb.

Weapons effects must be associated with their related weapons. Depending on the effect type, you'll find those associations in the missileobject.ini, the bulletobject.ini, the weapondata.ini, or in the gundata.ini. You'll find the visual effect association for the nuke explosion, in the missileobject.ini.

Regarding the damage caused by nukes in this series, you must keep in mind that trees and some buildings aren't objects at all, hence they will not be effected by any explosion, irregardless of yield. OTH, solid objects have a damage value that can be adjusted, but be aware that if you make them vulnerable to a shock-wave sort of an effect, a single .30 cal round would probably destroy them, as well. :biggrin:

Can a huge crater LOD be assigned to nukes that could cover all buildings in the area by a large heap of ash?

Can a huge crater LOD be assigned to nukes that could cover all buildings in the area by a large heap of ash?

Yes, that should be quite doable.

Actaully, not so much to the nuke itself, but to a terrain object, such as a building.

You'd need someone to create a 'nukecrater.lod' (as 3 crater lods already exist in the various terrain cats), and assign to a structure via the terrain types and targets inis. Then drop it into the terrain folder.

BUT .... you'd have to make it VERY specific, so as not to be destroyed by conventional weapons. Give it a high damage rating, etc. AND it would have to be hand placed at just about every target area on the map. So the shape and physical size would have to be very small, say like the oildrum1 size.

Yeah, like Fub said; VERY doable

WRench

kevin stein

Question...could 2 structure LODs occupy the same space?

In other words, one LOD would be your normal building, the other would be your 'nuke crater' trigger...that way you don't have to make a new target coordinate, just use the same coordinate as another building that exists...

Also, the 'nuke crater' trigger building could probably be invisible, right (using TGAs)? So you wouldn't have to even have it visible if the building on top of it gets destroyed conventionally.

FC

experiments with giant craters (150 and 400 m in diameter). The only problem is the texture.

Harold: absolutely...I've retargeted maps, and left thing that would be 'inside' a building as I was just too lazy to plot out new positions. Think this was on the Okinawa upgrade...several factory centers have trucks parked inside buildings or other things replaced by the ever popular 'oildrum1', as it's a 0 value target.

that's the other thing...the 'trigger structure' would have to be a no-value added target :rofl:

the types entry would theoretically look something like this:

[TargetType***]

Name=NukeTrigger

FullName=NukeTrigger

ModelName=oildrum1.lod <--I'm just stuck on petrochemicals!!

TargetType=MISC

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=0

UseGroundObject=FALSE

DamagePoint=700.0 <--not sure how these are measured

ArmorValue=54516080.0 <--not sure of these values

ArmorType=2 <-- don't know what these are, either!

RepairRate=0.050

StartDetectChance=0

StartIdentifiedChance=0

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=0

MaxVisibleDist=100.0 <--really don't want it visible

DamagedModel=

DestroyedEffect=NukeGlowingGroundEffect :wink:

DestroyedModel=nukecrater.lod

Wrench

kevin stein