Sign in to follow this  
gumpy

Ejecting Pilots

It is just a fake.

Replaced a fire effect, but I can't wait to test it out this evening!

Will be cool to see a `chute or two pop out in the action, and the canopies slowly going down as you egress the area.

:good:

Thank's mate!! Really apreciatted!

img00002.jpg

Can you please check your PM?

It is just a fake.

Replaced a fire effect, but I can't wait to test it out this evening!

Will be cool to see a `chute or two pop out in the action, and the canopies slowly going down as you egress the area.

I wrote they are fake, never promised these are real 3D animated or so on. Simply I don't know other way of implementing them. Seems there is some code that controls the pilot presence/absence in the office (the falling canopy indicates that) but i had no luck finding parameter controlling it. Maybe someone with aircraft data could give me directions where to look.

There are variables in aircraftobject.ini that controls the fire chance, I'll see if i can increase the engine fire possibility -with new patch this gives , well, small nice engine fire, after few seconds turning into massive aircraft fire, starting the "ejection" sequence -such sequence of damage looks very cool. The bad thing is that lightly damaged aircraft (smoking) also drops canopy without "ejecting" the pilot (other effect). But that all was explained in the readme.

@Stratos -downloading, will see what can be done, i'll reply via PM

Thank you Stary, this is a great idea. I really like your work... It's always fist rate.

I wrote they are fake, never promised these are real 3D animated or so on. Simply I don't know other way of implementing them. Seems there is some code that controls the pilot presence/absence in the office (the falling canopy indicates that) but i had no luck finding parameter controlling it. Maybe someone with aircraft data could give me directions where to look.

There are variables in aircraftobject.ini that controls the fire chance, I'll see if i can increase the engine fire possibility -with new patch this gives , well, small nice engine fire, after few seconds turning into massive aircraft fire, starting the "ejection" sequence -such sequence of damage looks very cool. The bad thing is that lightly damaged aircraft (smoking) also drops canopy without "ejecting" the pilot (other effect). But that all was explained in the readme.

@Stratos -downloading, will see what can be done, i'll reply via PM

I hope my saying it was fake was not misconstrued as a slam, as I think it is ingenious!

There are a few add-ons that are must haves when I do a re-install, which I do too often from flubbing something up.

This is now on the list of base install items.

I hope my saying it was fake was not misconstrued as a slam, as I think it is ingenious!

No problem, never took it that way :ok:

This mod is just the best :biggrin:

I got a Mig then blew right past the guy hanging in his chute - just like the picture in 'And Kill Migs!'.

I could've just reached out and touched the guy.

Outstanding! A real plus for the game.