Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

P-40B Tomahawk, Skin & Ini Pak

P-40B Tomahawk, Skin & Ini Pak

Curtiss P-40B Tomahawk Skin "Pearl Harbor Defenders"

This is a new skin (and ini pak) for Wolf257s P-40B Tomahawk, representing the 47th Pursuit Squadron, 15 Pursuit Group, Haleiwa Field, HI. as seen on the morning of 7 December, 1941.

It is desgned for use on a user created "P-40B", NOT the standard Tomahawk that comes with Wolf's WW2 Planes Pak. For those that have NOT created a seperate P-40B, instructions are below in the "Creating a Seperate USAAC P-40B". I've included just about everything you should need for the task. EXCEPTING - the aircraft LOD and cockpit folders are NOT included, so you'll need the original Tomahawk to copy these files / folders from. However, I have included a new gunsight (ring-and-bead), as seen in some other Tomahawk mods I've done over the years. A new, revamped USAAC style Hangar screen is also included, as is the damage tga. Running lights have been corrected or added to, and a landing light has also been added.

= IMPORTANT: This aircraft is designed for use in SF/WoV/WoE -ONLY-, It has =NOT= been tested it in post 8/28/08 patch WoI, or post 9/08 - 10/08 patch SF/WoV/WoE. You use it in these enviroments at your own risk. =

=This mod is designed for use with the Bunyap Weapons Pak of 6/06, as it contains all the needed weapons . If attempting to use this aircraft with any other weapons pak, you'll need to add ALL the WW2 era bombs, torpedoes, etc. They are NOT included in this package.=

*(not like this version Tomahawk -actually- carries anything but machine guns...)*

== PLEASE read the enclosed readme through BEFORE installing this aircraft mod into you game install. This will get you familiar with the procedure, and you'll know exactly what to do!!! ==

Happy Landings!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Thanks Wrench!

Hi, Kevin. thx for this skin. Any chance ona Russian Lend-lease for the p-40 and p-39 at some point in future?

There's a screenie around here somewhere of a half-finished VVS Airacrobra I started; but I'm kinda trapped in the Pacific right now.. :haha: Still waiting for Deuces to finish off the forestation of the Solomons, so I can complete THAT map upgrade. Baltika is tweeking some water/land interface issues I have on the Marianas...and Hawaii will need the same.

I thought the Soviet AF only have the E and later models Kittyhawk/Warhawk? (to say nothing of some Hurricanes, etc.)

Honestly, I think the P-39 really only needs decals...I'll have to look in my ETO/SWOTL install to be sure

Besides, we don't got no Eastern Front map yet! Edward was working on one a couple years back, but I don't think it was ever finished.

Of course, pfunk's Black Sea map could convievibly be back-dated for WW2 usage...I don't want to think about that now!!! :crazy:

Wrench

kevin stein

True, Edward was working on the East front maps and I think Balitka was at some point. i still play with my East front install I made some time ago with whats available in strike fighters world using the older ww2 Europe maps from major Lee's site. But noticed the Russians did make use of a lot of lend-lease planes as opposed to indigenous ones. plus have been playing around with Il-2 46 and doing CAS and strike missions in that. this got me thinking.

See some pics here toward bottom of page from wiki. i guess just decals could be used with your and everyone else's existing skins. i wish I was skilled at skinning and had the time but working two jobs makes spare time precious for playing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-39

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtiss_P-40

@dsawan,

Yup, Kursk '43 is still a WIP map. Like Wrench, I have been lost over the Pacific for some time, but I will find my way back onto dry land. . . eventually :wink:

Meantime, there is great stuff going on for your PTO install :yes: