Sign in to follow this  

Just the thing for a quick jolly in bad weather out over the Atlantic in search of the U-boat menace.

Just the thing for a quick jolly in bad weather out over the Atlantic in search of the U-boat menace.

But, Ahh. Usually in WW2 I am the U boat menace. Schnell boote menace too.

:ph34r: CL

But, Ahh. Usually in WW2 I am the U boat menace. Schnell boote menace too.

Bring it on Herr Kaleun !

Your VIIC will be no match for my Hudson V especially when I get a couple of Fido's in my loadout :biggrin:

With a temp paint on it

hudp.jpg

lol, if Veltro had done a Ventura some wag would've asked for a Hudson ! :biggrin:

B-E-A-UTIFUL Veltro, living near a P-3 base I have a love for ASW, keep em coming!

NUTS!! Ed, you trying to make me go out and spend money to find the DVD for "Captains of the Clouds"???

For those that haven't seen this Jimmy Cagney vehicle, Hudsons figure in the last quater of the film, as they're ferrying a bunch from Canada to England (aircraft take off was filmed at Lockheed Burbank; the birds were right off the production line)

Tyrone Power's "Yank in the RAF" has some too...THAT one I have!! :wink:

wrench

kevin stein

NUTS!! Ed, you trying to make me go out and spend money to find the DVD for "Captains of the Clouds"???

For those that haven't seen this Jimmy Cagney vehicle, Hudsons figure in the last quater of the film, as they're ferrying a bunch from Canada to England (aircraft take off was filmed at Lockheed Burbank; the birds were right off the production line)

Tyrone Power's "Yank in the RAF" has some too...THAT one I have!! :wink:

wrench

kevin stein

Well it is a great Movie :biggrin:

Annex20-20Cagney20James20Captains20.jpg

WIP for Veltro's Hudson...Coastal Command late 1942.

gallery_28053_226_181738.jpg

WIP for Veltro's Hudson...Coastal Command late 1942.

:blink::shok::clapping::clapping:

Edited by Syrinx
Please don't repost pics in replies - cheers !

Damn, Nicki!! That is one nice skin!

I've got the "Warpaint" on the Hudson on pdf, if that'll be of any use to anyone...

Wrench

kevin stein

Bitchin' skin Nicki.

The Marine Corps flew Venturas as night fighters.

Gobs of 50 cal on these little bruts.

Hmm. That squadron marking on the nose looks familiar.

Edited by charlielima

Hudson late 1940 WIP...

gallery_28053_226_586893.jpg

I like the mix of the med sea gray/green with the mid stone (? or is it dark earth ?) and green!!!

that'll confuse the heck outta Jerry!!! :rofl:

all in all...looking REAL good.

Now, I have to find Hudson/A-29 art work for a hangar screen.... :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

I like the mix of the med sea gray/green with the mid stone (? or is it dark earth ?) and green!!!

Well according to my sources the colour is correct for dark earth...but it does look too light doesn't it !

Anyway, things being as they were in 1940 a lot of early lend-lease a/c were supplied in slightly off colour schemes, also things like hyphenated serials or in the wrong font and/or size.

I'm pretty happy with it the way it is so we'll put it down to one of these errors :biggrin:

Don't EVEN get me started on the incorrect colors or wrong serials...I'm going bat-s**t crazy crosseyed and blind trying to get the correct colors for the ML-KNIL Buffalos! Even with all the great info I've been sent.

Even with FS numbers, and the RGB equlivants (to make paint swatches from)...it's like every monitor is different!

---

Something I like to do, is add a 'fading' layer -- I take 10% gray, create a new layer, flood the whole thing with it, erase it from obvious thing that should be lightened (engines, tires, cockpit interiors), then reduce the opacity to between 5 - 10%. Testing in game all the time in between. It take some time, but it can give the entire aircraft a more worn look, and dulls down the colors. Any other wear and tear; chipping scratches, etc can be added in another layer. I also always use a "dirt, mud and various crap" layer (yes, that what I call it!!) for the well, dirt mud and various crap that get tossed onto the undersides from muddy fields. Exhaust , oil stains and gun blastback also gets their own layers.

I can't wait for this one!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Desert Hudson...Midstone\Dark Earth over Azure blue.

gallery_28053_226_315328.jpg

USAAF olive drab...with a USN version in the works too for you over the Pond types :wink:

gallery_28053_226_428648.jpg

USN version.

Think that makes five different skins for the Hudson when it's released. I'll be sending these to Veltro as soon as I get everything sorted & packaged.

gallery_28053_226_683658.jpg