Sign in to follow this  

After downloading the F-101B I went looking for the falcons to install along side, took them from my SFP1 install,took the wep dat entrys and added the lot to WOI. They fail to show and I cant locate the falcon data Ini's in SFP1, though they do work in SFP1. I then tried to find the dat ini's in various wep packs in the DL section here however none apear to have these files, only Lods and BMP's. Anyone have any ideas?

Craig

Edited by fallenphoenix1986

After downloading the F-101B I went looking for the falcons to install along side, took them from my SFP1 install,took the wep dat entrys and added the lot to WOI. They fail to show and I cant locate the falcon data Ini's in SFP1, though they do work in SFP1. I then tried to find the dat ini's in various wep packs in the DL section here however none apear to have these files, only Lods and BMP's. Anyone have any ideas?

Craig

It's in the stock weapons in WOE/WOV after the October 08 patches.

thanks guys but I've been through a post patch SFP1 and Wep Pack 2.52, I've located various models of Falcon (A through G) however none have the data ini, should the dat file be located anywhere other than the weapons folder in game?

I just dont get why the show in SFP1 but wont in WOI, I'm familiar with manually adding weapons and have ran the process 3 times so I'm fairly certain I havn't missed anything other than the data ini's.

Craig

There are no data.ini files for individual weapons, as the entries in the weapondata.ini (and by proxy, in the weapondata.dat) eliminate the need for this.

Now, if you simply mean the Xmodel.ini file (as in the file that declares texture, shadow, and model.lod entries for each weapon), well then, you're obviously using the stock files in the objectdata.cat.

Had that problem too, weapons show on my loadout screen of my 8/06 patch install but not the new patch install. look at the data ini for the voodoo, Erikgen put some missile specific data in the code. so what i did was put a few// before the missile specific code- two different lines per bay if I remember correctly, and it worked fine. I also slightly lengthened to bay to accommodate late model Aim-4 and aim-26 advanced/ nuclear falcons.

thank Icarus, the weapon specific line sussed it :)

never thought I' try so hard to get such a useless weapon to work lol