Sign in to follow this  
nwdingo

quick hello for a noobie

hi to all, new to this site ,have been flying sims for along time..but only just discoverd the thirdwire series..I know im a bit behind..lol

I noticed theres a fair few real world pilots here aswell

I myself am a Flt Lt in the RAF with 3 squadron based at RAF Coningsby currently flying the Typhoon F2.

Does this mean I am not the noobiest anymore?

Anyway, welcome to the community :)

Does this mean I am not the noobiest anymore?

Anyway, welcome to the community :)

im sure im gonna be the noobiest now for a long time...me and computers dont seem to get on well..lol

I myself am a Flt Lt in the RAF with 3 squadron based at RAF Coningsby currently flying the Typhoon F2.

No way, i did my work experience at 3 squadron in Y10 of early june last year, that was the best bit of work experience, for the first week i was with the fire section and TTS. I can just about say that was one of the best 2 weeks of my life.

Anyway, glad to meet you, and im sure whatever questions you have about this sim, this forum will definetally have your answers.

Scouserlad13

hi scouserlad....i was new myself to 3 sqdrn at that time..but was only a few doors down at 29 sqdrn coningsby prior to that.

my family is only up the road from you scouse land at blackpool..

and i take it you will agree that ...stevie g is god...lol

HAHA yeah, he is a good player, but recently, he hasnt been playing so well, i mean against newcastle he was lucky to get his first goal, and he had a perfect chance to score before that, but he mucked it up. HAHA have you seen that he has been arrested for being involved in a bar fight :P Ahh well. HAHA actually, i dont live in liverpool anymore, after my dad finnished up at Waddo, he came out of the RAF and now im over in Australia where he is serving with the RAAF. Lived here for around 6 months now.

So was it hard learing to fly the typhoon, i can remember seeing 29sqd having 3 typhoons going up at once, great sight ill tell you that. Im hoping to join up when i get back to the UK. Hopefully as a pilot, preferably want to fly Tornado's over at Marham.

I converted from Tornado F3...it wasnt as bad as i had thought id would be,fairly quick and painless, I was one of the few F3 pilots who actually loved the aircraft...and do miss it..also miss having a guy in the back that i can blame everything on..lol.

the typoon itself..well its just different league all together..and still scares the s**t out of me some days..lol..but its a highly confident aircraft to fly.

haha, nice, i expect it would be a whole new league compared to the F.3, by the way, if you want to download an F.3 or a Typhoon, Bobrock is developing a F.3, and a typhoon is available in the downloads section. It has all RAF squadron skins, and also some other ones too. Look up the Tornado F.3 and look for the one with 6 pages that was started off by Bobrock. Its looking good.

It is ALWAYS great to have real Fly Guys here! Welcome. I too love The F3 and the other models of the Great Attack Queen! :good:

Welcome to the asylum!

Jedi runs the show :biggrin:

welcome aboard!

Typhoon Pilot hey! - some guys have all the luck lol - maybe you can comment on the current flight model in this series - or maybe not if its classified :)

hey in this series you can go back further in time and fly the various F-4s too! welcome!

HAHA yeah, he is a good player, but recently, he hasnt been playing so well, i mean against newcastle he was lucky to get his first goal, and he had a perfect chance to score before that, but he mucked it up. HAHA have you seen that he has been arrested for being involved in a bar fight :P Ahh well. HAHA actually

All im worried about is if he is going to miss matches or not - probably wouldn't be as bad if they were 5th like normal at this time of the year :)

thanks to you all for the welcome....id be happy to comment on the flight model migbuster...theres not alot classified these days anymore..lol,..i remember ages ago before typhoon flying the ef2000 v2 sim..then when i can to convert from f3 to real typhoon i thought how can the sim makers have got it so right..LOL...however wasnt impressed with the flight sim x typhoon,outer model was amazing but flight model is way off the mark.....cant wait to start useing the WOE/WOI model though,it looks great...and you get my squadron so ill be taking it back to Kandahar .lol

Ive been meening to ask all you real pilots here that very question,(me thinks it needs its own thread)

so, go look for it already,,,,,

DID's old EF2000 sim was that close in the FM department? Despite running on old 486s and P5's? That's amazing.

Welcome to CA Dingo.

When the Tiffie gets A/R certified on the KC-135 MPRS, I'll be anxious to get one on the hose.

Cheers!

Storm