Sign in to follow this  
Piecemeal

New CAT Pack extractor

Can someone give me some info on how to properly install and run the new CAT extractor that was put together for SF2?

Just drop whatever .cat file you want things extracted from right on top of the icon gerwin made and that is it. It will create a folder and unpack everything.

Just drop whatever .cat file you want things extracted from right on top of the icon gerwin made and that is it. It will create a folder and unpack everything.

Done. Cheers bud. I must say though, the new file structure isn't half confusing. :blink:

Done. Cheers bud. I must say though, the new file structure isn't half confusing. :blink:

I couldn't find the loading screens! Where are they hiding?

I couldn't find the loading screens! Where are they hiding?

As far as I know it's a generic loading screen of an F-4B taking off. The first one to find it gets a star on their forehead :rofl:

This new set up is pretty hard to figure out. I Just made some changes in the F-4E_75_Data.ini and loadout files. I've left them where they were unpacked but none of the changes have been applied to the aircraft when trying it out. I then tried another way by copying the above mentioned ini files to the Strike Fighters 2/ObjectData003/F-4E_75 folder.... :blink: .... No joy there either.

Funnily enough, I've been playing around with that very same aircraft. You can make another version, with a slightly different name, and the changes are preserved.

I'm sure we'll all get used to it.

Hopefully, my RAF 'Phantom FGR.5' mod will be available for download in a few hours.

This new set up is pretty hard to figure out. I Just made some changes in the F-4E_75_Data.ini and loadout files. I've left them where they were unpacked but none of the changes have been applied to the aircraft when trying it out. I then tried another way by copying the above mentioned ini files to the Strike Fighters 2/ObjectData003/F-4E_75 folder.... :blink: .... No joy there either.

The directory where the cat archives are located... leave that alone.

All files you change or add ( new AC etc) go into

(for XP) x:\...\username\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\...

(for Vista) x:\...\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\...